Options

Pearl Jam + childred = Joy!

88keys88keys Posts: 151
So I know my 2 year old daughter is pretty smart for her age, but I was astounded by her intelligence today when she told me she wanted to wear one of mommy shirts and picked this one:

PJDaniella-1.jpg

Anyone else have any PJ themed pics of their kids?
Camden 8/28/1998; Jones Beach 8/24/2000; Camden 9/1/2000; Camden 9/2/2000; Albany 4/29/2003; New York 7/8/2003; Vancouver 9/2/2005; Atlantic City 10/1/2005; Albany 5/12/2006; E. Rutherford 6/1/2006; E. Rutherford 6/3/2006; New York 6/24/2008; New York 6/25/2008; New York 5/20/2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    I wish my sons were willing to join me in my PJ journey. Sadly, they haven't got very good taste in music (yet).
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    I bought my nephew a Soundgarden onesie when I saw them a few months ago. I think he's a bit big for any of the baby gear on the Ten Club site. I might risk it though. I'd love to see him in some PJ gear!
  • Options
    88keys88keys Posts: 151
    davidronn wrote:
    I bought my nephew a Soundgarden onesie when I saw them a few months ago. I think he's a bit big for any of the baby gear on the Ten Club site. I might risk it though. I'd love to see him in some PJ gear!

I got my daughter all the PJ onesies from the TC... she's outgrown them all now. I particularly loved the Alive onesie that said "I Got Shit" on the behind.
    Camden 8/28/1998; Jones Beach 8/24/2000; Camden 9/1/2000; Camden 9/2/2000; Albany 4/29/2003; New York 7/8/2003; Vancouver 9/2/2005; Atlantic City 10/1/2005; Albany 5/12/2006; E. Rutherford 6/1/2006; E. Rutherford 6/3/2006; New York 6/24/2008; New York 6/25/2008; New York 5/20/2010
  • Options
    88keys wrote:
    ]I particularly loved the Alive onesie that said "I Got Shit" on the behind.

That's the one I'm thinking of for James. I might get it for him anyway. I figure even if he grows out of it, he won't be the only newborn in my family. Maybe any future kids I have can have it as a hand-me-down :)
  • Options
    Every time we got in the car, my seven years old daughter ask for "P.J.`s Black, at loud. No matter how long or short trip, we got to listen it. I love my little girl, and she loves Pearl Jam music.
  • Options
    Great photo.

Both our boys (6&8) love PJ.

Their fans are

MFC
    Lukin
    The Fixer
    Glorified G

They r shocked when their classmates don't know PJ
  • Options
    U_it'sUUUU_it'sUUU Posts: 75
    I have a 3 1/2 year old sweet niece and she just loves me babysitting her for the day.
    my first xmas present for her was a children's set of drums. And then I bought for her a tambourine, a harmonica and a pink small real guitar. I'd like the idea of her getting into music.
    The first time she stayed at my place alone (no parents) it was some months ago, and I thought maybe after the course of the cartoon series that was obligatory for me to watch, we could watch some Water on the Road as it has soft sound. Her dad plays a lot of Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, Tool and staff like this, but she has a preference on PJ. But she had - of course- no idea who Eddie Vedder was.
    So I put the Dvd on and told her, "this is the Mister who sings the songs you like". And you should have witnessed this: she goes to the screen and literally kisses the...Eddie Vedder pixels of it! I have a photo of that, I mean, I could not believe it! Ever since, when she visits me she says: Aunt, put the Mister on TV...And she will go watch in awe!
    I'm happy to have found a place to share this experience, since I don't know if it's really ok to refrain a child from the crap children's music programmes. Anyway, I feel very proud that she is the one who asks me for this music and not me playing it for her!
    p.s. She has another preference, as well, a female one. She wants "the Madame who sings" played in the car. That lady is PJ Harvey.
    Mr Eddie Vedder and Mme PJ Harvey. YEAH!!!
  • Options
    I'm indoctrinating my own little lightning bolt in the womb, not too loud though. I'll be a Dad into weeks God willing!
  • Options
    actonplpactonplp Maine Posts: 173
    edited November 2013
    My youngest son was born in 1991, the year that I got into Pearl Jam. And I have a video of my oldest son at 3 or 4 years old singing Even Flow at the top of his lungs (adorable). Both boys were raised on Pearl Jam - the youngest likes their mellower tunes while the oldest likes the more rock’n ones. Neither are as big of a fan as their mom though!

It’s great to have shared that musical bond between us all of these years. We have had lots of great conversations together comparing interpretations of song lyrics, arguing about which guitar riffs are the most bad-ass, and the Worcester 1 show that I went to with my oldest. They make me proud.
    Post edited by actonplp on
    Aug. 05, 2016 - Fenway Park, Boston
    Oct. 15, 2013 - Worcester, Massachusetts
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I have pictures of both of my daughters wearing PJ-themed onesies. My 3 1/2 year old loves Sirens and asks for "Fear Goes Away" all the time.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"