Options

BLACK~from~Milano

VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
:eek:
I'm listening to the boot for the 1st time and went straight to the ectasty triple shot that is PICTURE IN A FRAME > PARACHUTES > BLACK

This version of BLACK is not of this universe. This ending? You guys are really that loud? :eek: Are we sure someone didn't tweak with the recording?? :eek:
This is so amazing it's almost scary!

**Huuuuuuge MASSIVE goosebumps**
:o

You guys sound sooooooooooooooo beautiful/amazing!! I wanna hug every single one of you! WOOOOOW!

A million THANK YOUs for one of the most jaw-dropping versions of BLACK I've heard! :)
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jfmjfm Posts: 6
    ...i was there and it's simply something i'll never forget...
    it was such a powerful thing seeing all these people singing and clapping hands at the same time. Believe me, this bootleg can barely give you an idea of what really happened that night.

Bye,

Paolo
    Just love will opens our eyes, just love will put the hope back in our minds...
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R30YiK7Ed1o

I told everyone that this show was going to be the best of the Euro tour and the crowd would be wild, I'm glad I wasn't disappointed after listening to the boot
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    It was indeed a memorable night. You could see the love between the band and the people... flowing from one to the other.

I'm very proud of my fellow Milanese :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    I was going to start a new thread about how amazing this boot is, but I'll just post in this one instead. Thanks to all of you who were at the show for making it so electric. Just listening to the boot, I can tell how much the band was feeding off your love and energy. And I've listened to less than half of the boot - I haven't even gotten to Black yet. When I heard the crowd start LOUDLY singing Ed's wordless sing-along melody in Daughter WITHOUT BEING PROMPTED, I literally yelled "Holy shit!" at the top of my lungs. That Daughter is one of the most magical moments in PJ's history.

I wish I could have been there, but the boot is a great consolation prize. Listening to it really does feel like being there. In addition to the great crowd, it's a great recording, the band is in top form, and Ed sounds fantastic. Just amazing. The SF III boot will be almost impossible to top for me because it's a show for the ages and I was there, but this one is coming close.

Thanks again, Milano!
  • Options
    I was there,too.
    Simply breathless.
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    :eek:
    I'm listening to the boot for the 1st time and went straight to the ectasty triple shot that is PICTURE IN A FRAME > PARACHUTES > BLACK

This version of BLACK is not of this universe. This ending? You guys are really that loud? :eek: Are we sure someone didn't tweak with the recording?? :eek:
    This is so amazing it's almost scary!

**Huuuuuuge MASSIVE goosebumps**
    :o

You guys sound sooooooooooooooo beautiful/amazing!! I wanna hug every single one of you! WOOOOOW!

A million THANK YOUs for one of the most jaw-dropping versions of BLACK I've heard! :)

I know!!!! I was there and it was so unbelievable!!!!!! I really had goosebumps and then seeing the boys giving us a huge applause at the end. You could feel the love. So so awesome.

That encore was sublime! For me, especially, Parachutes and Black... wonderful!! :)

I knew Milan would be great after hearing the 2000 bootleg and being there this year made it oh so worthwhile, even exceed my expectations! Really a fantastic concert, and such a fantastic crowd, for the most fantastic band! :)

THANK YOU ALL THAT WERE THERE!!
  • Options
    That show was amazing! To think I was there! UNREAL! I was just floored at how loud the fans were!! Seriously, amazing... just no words!!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    quite similar 'black' final in torino
    look at this video at 05m:15s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkL-IKJbbbw
  • Options
    I was going to start a new thread about how amazing this boot is, but I'll just post in this one instead. Thanks to all of you who were at the show for making it so electric. Just listening to the boot, I can tell how much the band was feeding off your love and energy. And I've listened to less than half of the boot - I haven't even gotten to Black yet. When I heard the crowd start LOUDLY singing Ed's wordless sing-along melody in Daughter WITHOUT BEING PROMPTED, I literally yelled "Holy shit!" at the top of my lungs. That Daughter is one of the most magical moments in PJ's history.

I wish I could have been there, but the boot is a great consolation prize. Listening to it really does feel like being there. In addition to the great crowd, it's a great recording, the band is in top form, and Ed sounds fantastic. Just amazing. The SF III boot will be almost impossible to top for me because it's a show for the ages and I was there, but this one is coming close.

Thanks again, Milano!

Well, thank you for the thank you. I imagine you helped make the SFIII boot special for me, even if I wasn't there.

I wish the video posted captured the big applause that Matt gave us. He had a huge smile on his face.

And I agree on the magic of daughter. That one and the Cleveland one are my favorites, I can't decide :)
  • Options
    jfm wrote:
    ...i was there and it's simply something i'll never forget...
    it was such a powerful thing seeing all these people singing and clapping hands at the same time. Believe me, this bootleg can barely give you an idea of what really happened that night.

Bye,

Paolo

indeed.
    and let's not forget that beautiful rendition of man of the hour. :D
    *still beaming*
    it was a gorgeous night of music.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    :)
  • Options
    Lovin the Love for this out of the universe version of Black and this out of the universe SHOW. :o I was finally able to stop obsessively listening to this ecstasy triple shot and have moved onto the entire show. I just keep getting higher and higher! Just when I think I can't be anymore amazed by this magic something else comes along and knocks the life outta me! MILANO!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO INSANELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I can't praise you enough!

Satan's Dice funny you mention SF III cuze honeslty nothing this tour can top The HOLY SF trio for me, for countless dreamlike reasons. I must say though, I don't think I've had any other show that I wasn't at move me this much. I am with you.... MILANO is climbing to the heavens and beyond! :o
    Magnifico MILANO! il mio amore! *blows kisses to you all*

Awwww also, decides2dream! I finally heard this extra, extra special Man Of The Hour. :o :( I couldn't help but cry my eyes out. This song always gets me but this time it was a different cry...overflowing with warmth, hope and smiles. You can SO feel the celebration "beaming" through every single person. You truly can. It's even more powerful and touching than I imagined. This is one of the most special and most beautiful moments captured!

When I heard the crowd start LOUDLY singing Ed's wordless sing-along melody in Daughter WITHOUT BEING PROMPTED, I literally yelled "Holy shit!" at the top of my lungs.

SAME HERE! This is without a doubt one of the most magical moments in PJ history! I totally agree. Everyone clappin...one half of the crowd chanting, loud as hell, "hey hey hey hey", the other half "hey ey oh ey ey oh ey"?? :eek: I honestly gasped and asked myself out loud "what the fuck is going on here!??!" haha. This is insane! Again, so amazing it's frightening!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    meme wrote:
    Well, thank you for the thank you. I imagine you helped make the SFIII boot special for me, even if I wasn't there.

I wish the video posted captured the big applause that Matt gave us. He had a huge smile on his face.

And I agree on the magic of daughter. That one and the Cleveland one are my favorites, I can't decide :)

I've often wondered what it would sound like to have 15-20,000 people (or however many were there - it sounds like 100,000!) go as insane as I do during PJ shows, and now I think I have my answer. My tour buddy Selin (SOLAT319) and I were definitely making a lot of noise at that third SF show especially, but I can do nothing but bow humbly to my Milanese masters.

I haven't gotten the Cleveland boot yet, but I recall a lot of people saying it's a sweet one. I think I want to get some more Euroboots before I go back to U.S. shows, though. There's just something about you guys and the way the band responds to you - especially when they haven't toured there in six years.
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    ok, so it looks like IO have to get this boot
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    This boot = a MUST for all imo

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Lovin the Love for this out of the universe version of Black and this out of the universe SHOW. I was finally able to stop obsessively listening to this ecstasy triple shot and have moved onto the entire show. I just keep getting higher and higher! Just when I think I can't be anymore amazed by this magic something else comes along and knocks the life outta me! MILANO!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SO INSANELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I can't praise you enough!

Hear, hear! If I were drinking I'd toast you all now, but I'll definitely do it later.
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Satan's Dice funny you mention SF III cuze honeslty nothing this tour can top The HOLY SF trio for me, for countless dreamlike reasons. I must say though, I don't think I've had any other show that I wasn't at move me this much. I am with you.... MILANO is climbing to the heavens and beyond! :o
    Magnifico MILANO! il mio amore! *blows kisses to you all*

I was at SF II and III; didn't make the Saturday show because I had bought tickets to the 7/9 LA show early on and couldn't justify the expense of another show, especially after the trip down to LA. SF II was a high-energy show with a great setlist, too, but there were too many Ed fuck-ups (especially on Sometimes, which I wanted to hear so badly!) for it to be on the same level as III. But I'm sure I'll love the boot anyway when I get around to buying it.

By the way, I think we met in passing at the CCFA benefit before the second show. Anna pointed you out to me and Selin, since you're famous on the board and all, but we were all getting ready to head over to the show, so we didn't really have a chance to talk.

We really need to have a "Bay Area PJ Convergence" or whatever those things are called.

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Awwww also, decides2dream! I finally heard this extra, extra special Man Of The Hour. :o :( I couldn't help but cry my eyes out. This song always gets me but this time it was a different cry...overflowing with warmth, hope and smiles. You can SO feel the celebration "beaming" through every single person. You truly can. It's even more powerful and touching than I imagined. This is one of the most special and most beautiful moments captured!

That's one of my favorite PJ songs of all time. They've really been nailing it on this tour, but sometimes you wonder whether the entire crowd appreciates it. Not in Milano, though!

VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    SAME HERE! This is without a doubt one of the most magical moments in PJ history! I totally agree. Everyone clappin...one half of the crowd chanting, loud as hell, "hey hey hey hey", the other half "hey ey oh ey ey oh ey"?? :eek: I honestly gasped and asked myself out loud "what the fuck is going on here!??!" haha. This is insane! Again, so amazing it's frightening!

Fortunately I was in my car when I first heard it, because otherwise my reaction would have scared my wife and my neighbors. :)
  • Options
    so i listened to the boot AGAIN today on my way to school...fuckin DAUGHTER?!?! fuckin amazing
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    I haven't gotten the boot yet, but I'm looking forward to hearing all of this.

However, this was also impressive. I'm sure the band loved that.

http://pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060917/7.jpg
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    Is it 'Milano' or 'Milan'??

Or both??
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    Born2Jam wrote:
    Is it 'Milano' or 'Milan'??

Or both??

Milano in Italian, Milan in English.

BTW... I was pissed off with the sign... I'm pretty sure we would have gotten Baba were it not for it :p

Satan's: it's really not the numbers, I don't think. The arena looked to me like Cleveland and Cincy in terms of size. It's just the crazy Italians :)
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Milano in Italian, Milan in English.

Ah-haaa.........Grazie!!

This is all I can think of when I see "Milano" :
    http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/images/indulgent_treats/cookies_top_milano.jpg

:p
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    BTW... I was pissed off with the sign... I'm pretty sure we would have gotten Baba were it not for it :p

ha haa! yeah, I would have loved Baba. Next time!
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    hell yeah, I'm tearing up just reading about how awesome it is....

Lyd my child, help momma out????
  • Options
    PM sent momma! :)
    NO ONE should be without this! NO ONE!

First thing I listened to this morning (and I keep going back for more more more)~~> this version of BLACK and this version of DAUGHTER.
    I cannot get enough. I am SO IN LOVE with you MILANO. :o

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    OMG!!! So glad I took OFF my makeup before listening to Daughter......how fucking awesome was THAT crowd??? It was everything you said it was Lyd, thanks for the links......gave Momma tears of joy!!!

we are SO fucking lucky to see them at Bridge next month!! OY!!!
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    When I heard the crowd start LOUDLY singing Ed's wordless sing-along melody in Daughter WITHOUT BEING PROMPTED, I literally yelled "Holy shit!" at the top of my lungs. That Daughter is one of the most magical moments in PJ's history.
    This is an awesome thing....

Milan, you had Eddie following YOUR lead!

And you sounded beautiful doing it!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i was just listening to this boot, again - i have lost count how many times already - last night. truly an unbelievable show.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    It was quite amazing being a part of that crowd! Im still recovering from the tour, need to get the boot, and the boots :D

Amazing show indeed! Black was magnificent, I know :o
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Wow!! I'm gonna have to put this show on my "to get" list. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Wow!! I'm gonna have to put this show on my "to get" list. Thanks :)

You won't be disappointed! :D