The Christmas Countdown 2011 thread

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Well its officially the holiday season now. seems like it always takes me by surprise. i listened to some Brushfire records christmas tunes today, jack Johnsons label. Im looking forward to bringing out all the tunes, Sufjan, Sinatra, Nat King Cole, She and Him and on and on.

Anyone excited about christmas?

Ive always associated Christmas with Lord of the Rings, despite never seeing the peter jackson movies and only reading the hobbit, saw the 70s animated hobbit as a kid during the holidays and got Led zep's zoso as my first cd ever the same year so, its always been associated with the holidays for me. Seems to be a tall order to read 3 massive books like the LOTR trilogy in order to watch the movies, all in a month, but i may do it, or try to.

I love the old christmas movies, Christmas Story, Home Alone, the claymation christmas, the Bass and Rankin animation stuff so i will be checking that out. And the classics like the grinch and charlie brown.

and i know this place isnt big on religion and all that, but last year i attempted to give the bible a read through. Got bogged down in the middle of it, but i absolutely love the stories in it that i read. i am a believer in God, but not really a christian and would claim myself as spiritual versus religious. So i may try and read as much of the Bible as I can this month, and see if i can get past the part that stopped me last year.
Ive always been haunted by images of jesus in the nativity, the angels announcing his birth, the 3 wise men. the manger, the inn. all that. i love all that
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaveyGDaveyG Posts: 225
    10/23/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    10/24/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    07/11/11, Paramount Theater, Oakland, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show)
    10/22/11, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show, 25th Bridge School Benefit)