Listening to Cameron Crowe interview...

Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
edited November 2011 in The Porch
Someone is 100% lying about the drummers being asked of the band and the situations that lead to the changes.

Cameron just said (paraphrased) "The drummer's were not a subject we had to steer away from. We just didn't delve into it."

Skinny editor in Toronto I talked to after second showing of movie (paraphrased) after I asked why the drummers weren't explained "the drummers were the only subject the band left off the lists of things we could add in the movie"

I tend to think the editor was telling the truth... here is why...

Cameron Crowe in movie "Ed, what about the drummers..." Ed " ha ha ask Mike"

Cameron Crowe in movie "Mike, Ed said ask you about the drummers" Mike 'ugh, um, oh... okay"

Now since Ed decided to ignore the question and Mike decided to him haw around about it... which makes more sense?

Thanks for asking about it The Rob... But the fact that we are left to wonder and in (my humble opinion) lied to by someone.... Is really bullshit.

MHO
"Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
:-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Think you'll be able to sleep tonight?
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Wink wrote:

Yep, but I don't like being bullshitted..
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Wink wrote:

Then you're a fan of the wrong band.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    rrivers wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:
    Wink wrote:

Then you're a fan of the wrong band.

Good point
  • Anything about the blu-ray debacle yet?
  • Anything about the blu-ray debacle yet?

i heard them discussing the contents of the 3 discs but nothing else :(
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,026
    Around 12:26 they talk about Ed/PJ..

https://youtu.be/9qoZ93Gg39c?si=E4d0qnXg6yME00eM
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• JT167846JT167846 Posts: 896
    The PJ20 book explained most of the drummer stuff pretty well save Dave A's side. All the others had their say on it-and we all know it is a touchy subject. We can put two and two together and know that there'll be stuff there that is none of our damn business but I just don't see the point in faffing around the subject and pretending it's all right. If the band said "Look, we let one of our drummers go under acrimonious circumstances and it's still an awkward topic so forgive us for avoiding it" and talked about and with the other drummers who seem ok with their reasons for leaving, I reckon it would be ballsy and people wouldn't push it. But Mike's answer (and I love Mike-him and Kirk Hammett seem like two peas in a pod being lead guitar playing peacemakers) was a cop out and Cameron just piled another layer of bullshit onto the top of that pile.

Wish Dave had a higher profile gig to talk about. Given his stint with PJ was his most notable people are always going to talk about that so it would naturally broach the subject of how it ended more often than not.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    JT167846 said:
    The PJ20 book explained most of the drummer stuff pretty well save Dave A's side. All the others had their say on it-and we all know it is a touchy subject. We can put two and two together and know that there'll be stuff there that is none of our damn business but I just don't see the point in faffing around the subject and pretending it's all right. If the band said "Look, we let one of our drummers go under acrimonious circumstances and it's still an awkward topic so forgive us for avoiding it" and talked about and with the other drummers who seem ok with their reasons for leaving, I reckon it would be ballsy and people wouldn't push it. But Mike's answer (and I love Mike-him and Kirk Hammett seem like two peas in a pod being lead guitar playing peacemakers) was a cop out and Cameron just piled another layer of bullshit onto the top of that pile.

Wish Dave had a higher profile gig to talk about. Given his stint with PJ was his most notable people are always going to talk about that so it would naturally broach the subject of how it ended more often than not.
    I think all their actions up to this point would lead you to believe that the situation is awkward and they don’t want to talk about it.  I don’t personally need them to actually say it’s awkward and we don’t want to talk about it.  You can infer it.  Also… Most personnel matters are confidential at just about any place of employment.  I understand from a curiosity point of view people want an answer.  But at the end of the day… does it really matter?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• edoconedocon Posts: 324
    Sure, discussing replacing a drummer is awkward.  For me it's the job of the director to dig a little deeper and get the subjects to open up about these things when creating a documentary. On this level, Crowe's PJ20 was a bit dissapppointing. For band documentaries where drummer situations were discussed in more emotionally charged detail,  watch the Petty and Heartbreakers, "Running Down a Dream" and the Foo Fighters,  "Back and Forth".