Well that hurt...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So I'm trying to trim my nose hairs (disgusting but we all know it needs to be done) and the trimmer battery dies. I don't have any AA batteries here so I grab the tweasers and pluck a nose hair out. Holy mother f'er. Instant tears! That hurt so bad! I've broken bones...I've dislocated my shoulder a dozen times...I've had corrective surgery on that shoulder and then rehab but that may be the most intense and quickest pain I have ever felt. I wonder if they know about this at Guantanamo Bay. :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119 wrote:
    So I'm trying to trim my nose hairs (disgusting but we all know it needs to be done) and the trimmer battery dies. I don't have any AA batteries here so I grab the tweasers and pluck a nose hair out. Holy mother f'er. Instant tears! That hurt so bad! I've broken bones...I've dislocated my shoulder a dozen times...I've had corrective surgery on that shoulder and then rehab but that may be the most intense and quickest pain I have ever felt. I wonder if they know about this at Guantanamo Bay. :lol:
    :lol:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pssss....they make small scissors
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

:lol: I don't know where they are.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    you couldn't have just, you know, waited until you got some batteries? i mean, is this a long nose hair emergency?
    speaking aa batteries....how do you run out of those?

you don't have a remote control that you could have borrowed a set from?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

It wasn't a well thought out plan...more reactionary. :lol: Fuckin still hurts! :lol:
  • next time you have a nose hair emergency, try burning them off with a lighter :lol:
    just watch your eyebrowns/eyelashes
    THAT is a story I would like to read :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Has to be Done!
    norm wrote:
    you couldn't have just, you know, waited until you got some batteries? i mean, is this a long nose hair emergency?

and tweezers?! be a man...thumb and forefinger...get in there just yank those suckers out!
    next time you have a nose hair emergency, try burning them off with a lighter :lol:

:wtf: :-o :shock:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    next time you have a nose hair emergency, try burning them off with a lighter :lol:

:wtf: :-o :shock:

i know someone who did this accidently when cooking on the stove and a grease fire flared up...lost eyelash ends on one side, most of an eyebrow, and the front part of his hair.
    said he didnt have to trim his nosehairs for MONTHS. :lol:
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ELITIST FUK
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,716
    81 wrote:
    I've done the same thing DS1119 talks about. YEOW!!!

And yes, 81, I know about those small, sharp little scissors but I gotta ask, because I've done it myself, have you ever...while trimming those nose hairs...accidentally trimmed something in there other than nose hairs?

YEEEAYEEE!!!!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Sorry mate but this makes up for the YEARS of leg, underarm & other places, shaving & waxing we have to endure!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Ah, it's all worth it!! ;)8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • 81 wrote:

:o That's brilliant!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Oh for goodness sake,one nose hair

MAN UP BOYS! :lol:

go get your balls waxed,then come back and cry!

:roll: :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,937
    Are you sure you're not a girl? Tweezers? seriously? What man in his nonmetrosexual mind has tweezers. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Are you sure you're not a girl? Tweezers? seriously? What man in his nonmetrosexual mind has tweezers. :mrgreen:
    They can be useful for pulling splinters
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:

Just pulled my waistband out and checked...yes I'm a man.

wmob001.jpg

:D
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

wmob001.jpg

did you use your tweezers? :P
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

wmob001.jpg

:lol: :shock: ;)
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    norm wrote:
    did you use your tweezers? :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Yup... today I took care of this chore with my trimmer. We'll consider this the more noble locations it was in for "holiday trimming". ;)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,937
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    They can be useful for pulling splinters
    so can soaking that shit for a minute to let the woood swell, then using your find=gernail clippers to garb that shit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    CJMST3K wrote:
    "holiday trimming". ;)

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    brianlux wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I've done the same thing DS1119 talks about. YEOW!!!

And yes, 81, I know about those small, sharp little scissors but I gotta ask, because I've done it myself, have you ever...while trimming those nose hairs...accidentally trimmed something in there other than nose hairs?

YEEEAYEEE!!!!!

you don't use the sharp scissors! :roll: ya wanna cut your septum or something?

go buy yourself a pair of nose hair scissors...they look like safety scissors...but just a mini version.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiTBTj8-bSn6rAXPvFkBEgl1tNNTEwyFfywvhMnxb1m4PJxzn6

and for gawd sakes...don't rip out your nose hairs! you can get ingrown hairs there...and I'm sure you know how much ingrown hairs hurt.

or just let the suckers grow long, and braid them together...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5mItJm_2suUg5AcEPnBeGr0onL5wgTrEfRfC0GGNjDDPXFg7PRQ
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

and for gawd sakes...don't rip out your nose hairs! you can get ingrown hairs there...and I'm sure you know how much ingrown hairs hurt.

or just let the suckers grow long, and braid them together...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5mItJm_2suUg5AcEPnBeGr0onL5wgTrEfRfC0GGNjDDPXFg7PRQ
    vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000652-medium.gif:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• I got sick of stabbing myself in the nostrils using cuticle scissors, so I used to tweeze my nose hairs. teared up the first couple times, but then I got good at it. was nailing 5 hairs at a time sometimes. But then I started to notice some scarring going on in there. my nose was closing up from swelling. I stil have issues smelling and breathingi properly.

now I have to get surgery to correct it (and in Canada, I'll probably be retired first-I got on the wait list over a year ago, I can't even remember the doctor's name anymore). I totally fucked up my nostrils doing that. don't tweeze your nose. not good.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    I got sick of stabbing myself in the nostrils using cuticle scissors, so I used to tweeze my nose hairs. teared up the first couple times, but then I got good at it. was nailing 5 hairs at a time sometimes. But then I started to notice some scarring going on in there. my nose was closing up from swelling. I stil have issues smelling and breathingi properly.

now I have to get surgery to correct it (and in Canada, I'll probably be retired first-I got on the wait list over a year ago, I can't even remember the doctor's name anymore). I totally fucked up my nostrils doing that. don't tweeze your nose. not good.
    Sorry to hear that. All joking aside, that's a major bummer.