Nickelback @ half of lions game

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watch? What ya think?

A lot of people in Detroit didn't want it...even a petition was started to stop them.

I know they class themselves as a rock band...I don't here it...more like pop band or top 40...I only saw the last song though and didn't enjoy.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    check out funny or die ...
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    I used it as a convenient excuse to run out and buy more beer.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I've read varying reports on what happened. I watched the game, but we had the volume off during the half-time show. Some stories say Nickelback were "soundly booed", others say there were "some boos", another one I read claims there weren't any boos, but that the most enthusiasm the Detroit crowd could muster was a golf clap.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I've read varying reports on what happened. I watched the game, but we had the volume off during the half-time show. Some stories say Nickelback were "soundly booed", others say there were "some boos", another one I read claims there weren't any boos, but that the most enthusiasm the Detroit crowd could muster was a golf clap.

There was some boos...Nickelback sucks as far as I'm concerned.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    There were definitely some boos.
    I was watching as I do when I slow down to watch a horrible car crash. Nickleback is the most miserable band of alltime. Horrible!!!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Not a big fan of that bands music, but after watching that Funny or Die sketch I'm now a fan of the band.

Good for them.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Wilds wrote:
    Not a big fan of that bands music, but after watching that Funny or Die sketch I'm now a fan of the band.

Good for them.

I don't know about all that, I mean it was a funny video (I didn't find Nickelback all that funny, but the two comedians were) but it doesn't change my mind about them for better or worse. I really have no opinion on them as people since I know nothing about them personally, I just don't care for the music. But I can see management saying "we have to get out ahead of this thing, turn into this skid" or whatever. I think this was kind of damage control. Nickelback didn't write the sketch, according to the site some guy named Alex Fernie wrote and directed it. It just looks like an attempt to be in on the joke, to try and laugh with the people as opposed to being laughed at. It's a smart move, but I don't have any new found respect for Nickleback because of it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    robocop ... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I watched about two minutes of one song.

It was godawful. Just cheap, bland, practically-muzak-already drivel.

When it ended (and, mercifully, it did end), my nephew pointed out it was the same "groove" throughout.

I didn't catch any boos, but then again, I wasn't paying real close attention. I was weeping on the inside for all the people around the stage who were carrying on as though they were having the times of their lives.
  • Wilds wrote:

Good for them.
    I think this was kind of damage control. Nickelback didn't write the sketch, according to the site some guy named Alex Fernie wrote and directed it. It just looks like an attempt to be in on the joke, to try and laugh with the people as opposed to being laughed at. It's a smart move, but I don't have any new found respect for Nickleback because of it.

+1

I've seen interviews of Nickelback in the past and they take themselves very seriously and are usually very defensive (at least the lead singer is) and try to fight back against their naysayers. It's probably reached a point where they've realized they're a joke (especially after these petitions in Detroit and Winnipeg) and it's better to appear as though they don't take themselves all that seriously and to laugh at themselves.