Options

Sleater Kinney to open in Portland?

RiotActRiotAct Posts: 56
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Sorry if this has been asked before but is SK opening in Portland? I heard from someone that they may be. Are they even available to open or are they on their own tour right now?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mtricomtrico Posts: 29
    RiotAct wrote:
    Sorry if this has been asked before but is SK opening in Portland? I heard from someone that they may be. Are they even available to open or are they on their own tour right now?
    I hope not, because they suck!
    RI 9/28/96; MSG 9/10/98; 2000: Want 8/23, 8/24 & 8/25; 2003: LI 4/30, LV 6/6, MSG 7/8 & 7/9, Mans 7/11, & Holm 7/14; 2005: Ott 9/16, Tor 9/19, AC 9/30 & 10/1, Phil 10/3; 2006: L.S. 5/4, IP 5/5, Alb 5/12, Bos 5/24, Cam 5/27 & 5/28, ER 6/1, ER 6/3, PIT 6/23, SF 7/18, Hon 12/9.
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    yes it was made official earlier, they are opening unfortunately.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    gee, i wish I was there. DAMNIT!! :D

And Sleater-Kinney can ROCK hard! And they don't suck! they aren't just for everyone:) My girls can kick some serious ASS!! :cool:
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 718
    TacoJammer wrote:
    yes it was made official earlier, they are opening unfortunately.

STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think if the band knew how many of thier fans were like you, they would stop playing shows all together. If you don't like them, fine, but many of us do (those of us who appreciate dedicated, talented musicians). Maybe you should just shut your fucking pie hole if you don't like them. Honestly, Sonic Youth is not my favorite band, but I can recognize thier love of music, and respect that for what it is, and thier friendship with the band that I love. Honestly, these are the exact people I did not want at this show that I've waited years for.
  • Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    idiots. you have no idea.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    BookshelfBookshelf Posts: 13
    S/K is fuckin awesome, yet they are breaking up.

So you cranky naysayers out there...you can hold off being cranky for a little while until they are done playing. Do it as a favor to your fellow Pearl Jam fans who happen to appreciate this unique and talented band.

In the meantime, there are plenty of other actually relevant things you can be cranky about, like foreign policy and gas prices. Or you can just masturbate.
  • Options
    There is a comedian opening. I've seen nothing OFFICIAL that said that they were. That said. I'm sure they'll be there in some capacity as it's their hometown and as much as I think they suck, Ed has a hard on for them.

This show is being billed as PJ and friends and I hope the and Friends is MORE than just S-K!

How about a joint b-day celebration for Stoney and Chris Cornell!! Yum!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    I think if the band knew how many of thier fans were like you, they would stop playing shows all together. If you don't like them, fine, but many of us do (those of us who appreciate dedicated, talented musicians). Maybe you should just shut your fucking pie hole if you don't like them. Honestly, Sonic Youth is not my favorite band, but I can recognize thier love of music, and respect that for what it is, and thier friendship with the band that I love. Honestly, these are the exact people I did not want at this show that I've waited years for.
    What a jerk. People don't have to like all the shit you do. Nor do we have to like someone just because they open for Pearl Jam. Nor do we have to keep our opinions to ourselves. Sleater Kinney sucks. Plain and simple. People are free to state their opinions, that's what discussion boards are for. You can even state your opinion... but telling people to shut their fucking pie hole... eat a dick dude, that's uncalled for. Embarassing that a person from my home town of Portland posted this.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    There is a comedian opening. I've seen nothing OFFICIAL that said that they were. That said. I'm sure they'll be there in some capacity as it's their hometown and as much as I think they suck, Ed has a hard on for them.

This show is being billed as PJ and friends and I hope the and Friends is MORE than just S-K!

How about a joint b-day celebration for Stoney and Chris Cornell!! Yum!!

it's official, just arrived in portland yesterday morning and all the local papers are reporting for sure that sleater kinney in opening, i myself cannot wait to see these gals again
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    I'm sure they'll be there in some capacity as it's their hometown and as much as I think they suck, Ed has a hard on for them.
    The fact that they "hail" from Portland has always bugged me because they're actually from Olympia, WA and named after a street from neighboring city Lacey...why do they say they're from Portland? :(

I guess that just bugs me because I'm from Olympia and grew up knowing about SK and it's a bummer to hear them not acknowledge their roots. :(
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • Options

wow...someone is a little angry today, and needs a time out by the look of things...
    03: Toronto
    04: Toledo
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Quebec City, St. John's 1 & 2
    06: Toronto 1 & 2, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    07: London, Dusseldorf
    08: Tampa
  • Options
    I would have to agree, S/K sucks bad. The woman cannot sing worth a shit. They are a horrible opening act.
    I'll swallow poison, until I grow immune
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room...

New Orleans 08/14/2000, 04/08/2003
    Chicago 05/16/2006, 05/17/2006
    San Diego 07/07/2006
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    I think if the band knew how many of thier fans were like you, they would stop playing shows all together.

I call bullshit. PJ wouldn't stop playing shows because some of their fans dislike Sleater-Kinney.

Honestly, these are the exact people I did not want at this show that I've waited years for.

You may think that....but I say that Sleater-Kinney are the EXACT people I didn't want to see at this show that I've waited 6 years for.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.