Man addicted to diet coke

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ds-newsxml

Just by looking at him, he's lucky its diet...
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    This guy's problem isn't Diet Coke.
  • WhyGo77WhyGo77 Posts: 113
    A few years ago NBA player Caron Butler said he was addicted to Mountain Dew...He was with the Washington Wizards at the time and said he would drink 10-12 Mountain Dew sodas a day. Nuts. I remember reading the article and it said he went through shakes when he stopped drinking them.
    "I'll ride the wave, where it takes me..."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine..."
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    i have like 2-3 cans a day only 15 off his pace
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    WhyGo77 wrote:
    A few years ago NBA player Caron Butler said he was addicted to Mountain Dew...He was with the Washington Wizards at the time and said he would drink 10-12 Mountain Dew sodas a day. Nuts. I remember reading the article and it said he went through shakes when he stopped drinking them.
    i have a friend who is addicted something fierce to mt. dew. he drink it like water. i can't remember when i saw him drink water. when he has quit in the past he went through serious withdrawal where he had head aches, mood swings, and loss of sleep.

sounds like quitting cigarettes to me.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I'm betting it's the caffeine he's addicted to...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The father of two from Stockport insists his huge intake hasn't caused him any health problems.

article-0-0EE9B8C600000578-858_634x426.jpg

the picture of health :roll:

what is the appeal of this crap? diet coke is vile ...i don't get it
    same here, norm. diet coke tastes so terrible. i can't drink the garbage. it gives a bad after taste as well

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I was addicted to diet coke. Had to be in a can...drank it first thing in the morning and even during workouts. :? Went cold turkey and switched to water a couple of years ago. Not sure why...I just lost my taste for it one day. I honestly haven't noticed any difference health wise or otherwise, but I figure it must be better for me.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    I was addicted to diet coke. Had to be in a can...drank it first thing in the morning and even during workouts. :? Went cold turkey and switched to water a couple of years ago. Not sure why...I just lost my taste for it one day. I honestly haven't noticed any difference health wise or otherwise, but I figure it must be better for me.
    you drinking water is wonderful. i love water so very much. my favorite.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    I was addicted to diet coke. Had to be in a can...drank it first thing in the morning and even during workouts. :? Went cold turkey and switched to water a couple of years ago. Not sure why...I just lost my taste for it one day. I honestly haven't noticed any difference health wise or otherwise, but I figure it must be better for me.
    you drinking water is wonderful. i love water so very much. my favorite.
    yeah it's weird...now I crave it the way I did diet coke. 8-10 glasses a day :thumbup:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    yeah it's weird...now I crave it the way I did diet coke. 8-10 glasses a day :thumbup:
    i go through a few stainless steel water bottles a year. they get beat the hell out of. i will use a water bottle until it is full of dents and showing signs of major wear. that's when i pitch the thing into the closet and get a new one. my new water bottle is a month old now and has a dent already in it.

how far can one throw a diet coke? i throw my water bottles all over the place. :lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 18 applications of phosphoric acid to your teeth per day...kiss that enamel goodbye
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    pjfan31 wrote:

This kind of shit is giving Diet Coke a bad name! I love it :) Two a day is plenty though!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    Carey wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

This kind of shit is giving Diet Coke a bad name! I love it :) Two a day is plenty though!
    diet coke tastes like a wet rose or a gorilla's pile?

maybe neither? :?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Hahahahaha, no, it's tastes like a bit of bubbly heaven in my mouth (with a side of chemicals...)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    id rather drink wine.

but you know i was stunned to find soft drink so cheap in the US. i was able to buy a small bottle of pepsi for about a third of what itd cost me here at home... so consequently there was a few days when it was all i drank... then i realised why i was doing it and stopped. i also saw a 24 slab of bottled water in CVS for less than $3. mind boggling!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    id rather drink wine.

but you know i was stunned to find soft drink so cheap in the US. i was able to buy a small bottle of pepsi for about a third of what itd cost me here at home... so consequently there was a few days when it was all i drank... then i realised why i was doing it and stopped. i also saw a 24 slab of bottled water in CVS for less than $3. mind boggling!!!
    what would the 24 slab of water run you in your homeland?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    id rather drink wine.

hmmm good question... i dont know cause i dont buy it... but i can assure you itd be more than $3.. considerably more.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    chadwick wrote:
    id rather drink wine.

hmmm good question... i dont know cause i dont buy it... but i can assure you itd be more than $3.. considerably more.
    im reading wiki. says australia's bottled water industry is worth 400 million annually. Dasani water is bottled through coca-cola company. i try like hell never to buy Dasani water after hearing and reading how coca-cola company treats third world countries.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

im reading wiki. says australia's bottled water industry is worth 400 million annually. Dasani water is bottled through coca-cola company. i try like hell never to buy Dasani water after hearing and reading how coca-cola company treats third world countries.

well i did a price comparison test when i was in the supermarket and 24 slabs of water cost between $4.99 for the generic brand and $9.99 for whatever brand that was i saw. oh and theyre conveniently packed on the shelf in order of price from left to right... the most expensive being on the right. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

• but you know i was stunned to find soft drink so cheap in the US. i was able to buy a small bottle of pepsi for about a third of what itd cost me here at home... so consequently there was a few days when it was all i drank... then i realised why i was doing it and stopped. i also saw a 24 slab of bottled water in CVS for less than $3. mind boggling!!!

I lived in Australia for a year and nearly everything was more expensive, but the thing that hit Americans/Canadians the most was just how expensive pop was. I'm not much of a pop drinker, so it didn't affect me, but my roommates are HUGE pop drinkers.

I joked that it'd be funny to discover how much money they spent on pop over the course of the year ... probably enough for the plane ticket home. :lol:

Also, for my friends who are smokers - cigarettes are so much more expensive.

However, boxed wine in Australia is super cheap!! My friends were screwed, I was good. :lol:

I lived in Australia for a year and nearly everything was more expensive, but the thing that hit Americans/Canadians the most was just how expensive pop was. I'm not much of a pop drinker, so it didn't affect me, but my roommates are HUGE pop drinkers.

I joked that it'd be funny to discover how much money they spent on pop over the course of the year ... probably enough for the plane ticket home. :lol:

However, boxed wine in Australia is super cheap!! My friends were screwed, I was good. :lol:

oh absolutely.. i just spent 6 weeks tooling around the US and everything was way cheaper. if i was a good little consumer i wouldve been giddy with joy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331

HAha... you called soft drink 'pop' haha
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    The father of two from Stockport insists his huge intake hasn't caused him any health problems.

Does he own a mirror?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    stargirl69 wrote:

Does he own a mirror?

:lol::lol:
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Faaaaaaaark! What a head!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    chadwick wrote:
    same here, norm. diet coke tastes so terrible. i can't drink the garbage. it gives a bad after taste as well

It's the Aspartame than leaves that really bad aftertaste,that stuff is poison.

I rarely drink coke but when I do it is the full sugar stuff,I don't buy into the diet food shit,full sugar coke is not great but I think sugar is at least a natural ingredient I'd rather have a kick of that than Aspartame
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”