Holiday Madness

unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
And so it begins.

Stores opening at midnight, 4 a.m., 5 a.m....

I was looking for a picture frame the other day, and walked into a Home Goods store. What an assault on the central nervous system _ all that glitter and gilt and ornaments and militant festivity. I had to walk out _ I was afraid I might have a seizure or a psychotic break if I didn't get out of there.

Christmas carols have been playing on two Boston stations round-the-clock since right after Halloween.

And it's only just beginning...

I think I will hole up in the house, try to shop for one-gift-per-person only at small businesses (or, admittedly, online), watch "A Christmas Story" or whatever the name is of that movie with Ralphie and the bb gun... and try really hard not to get swept away in the manic cacophony.

You?
15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'm with you - I would like to avoid all this craziness and hole myself in too! Thinking about getting everyone a good bottle of wine or liquor and being done with it.

Except the kiddies of course, gotta spoil them :D Thank goodness for online shopping!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • I love Christmas, but I dread getting into crowds of people who don't know WTF their looking for.
    ....and sitting in traffic

Amazon is my friend :D
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I never did shop during this Black Friday craziness...

but this year my friends and I are going to see what all the "fuss" is about,

so were all meeting up at MIDNIGHT and hitting - Target, Walmart, Kohls, etc... :shock:

wish me luck :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    what holiday? :roll:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    And so it begins.

Stores opening at midnight, 4 a.m., 5 a.m....

I was looking for a picture frame the other day, and walked into a Home Goods store. What an assault on the central nervous system _ all that glitter and gilt and ornaments and militant festivity. I had to walk out _ I was afraid I might have a seizure or a psychotic break if I didn't get out of there.

Christmas carols have been playing on two Boston stations round-the-clock since right after Halloween.

And it's only just beginning...

I think I will hole up in the house, try to shop for one-gift-per-person only at small businesses (or, admittedly, online), watch "A Christmas Story" or whatever the name is of that movie with Ralphie and the bb gun... and try really hard not to get swept away in the manic cacophony.

You?
    You'll shoot your eye out, kid.
    This weekend we rock Portland