Options

Introductions

frazbafrazba Posts: 601
edited December 2011 in The Porch
I thought I'd introduce myself to you all because, in the words of Bill Callahan, I'm new here, relatively speaking.

I've been a huge PJ fan, without being obsessive, for about 20 years now (yes, I'm that old), in fact I'm a general music obsessive, but just recently decided to join your exalted company, to be honest the price tag of joining the 10c put me off for ages, and I was never into 'fan clubs'. I'm so glad now that I decided to take the plunge, and am now part of the PJ community. I actually only joined to cut down on the stress of trying to get tickets and didn't plan on taking part in the forums, but couldn't help joining in after reading some of them.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say Hi, and thanks for making me feel welcome.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Welcome to crazy world of the 10C. :D
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    Welcome home! My story was the same as yours....fan forever, but joined mainly for tickets. Now I spend WAY too much time here reading and commenting. It's addictive.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    Cheers Boyo, and I'm beginning to find that out Dasvidana.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Welcome :wave: :wave:
  • Options
    dasvidana wrote:
    Welcome home! My story was the same as yours....fan forever, but joined mainly for tickets. Now I spend WAY too much time here reading and commenting. It's addictive.

Similar story, but only addicted the past 11 years, AND spend far too much time on here too...but it is mostly enjoyable ;)

Oh yeah...WELCOME!!!!!
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    frazba wrote:
    I actually only joined to cut down on the stress of trying to get tickets...
    You thought stress of getting PJ tickets was bad "out there?" You're going to love 10c on ticket day!
    :twisted: mwah ha ha ha.... :twisted:

Oh yeah, and welcome! :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    welcome
  • Options
    Welcome to the Ten Club! I've been a member for a little bit and just starting speaking up in forums, I hope you enjoy the club! They have wonderful things to offer :)
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    Welcome, but for Christs sake no flipping!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hi, my name is 81 and i like to smoke.

enjoy your stay
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks folks, I'm well on the road to addiction already.
    bignumpty wrote:
    Welcome, but for Christs sake no flipping!

No need to worry numpty, I can't afford anything worth flipping
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    welcome!! don't let dmitrispearljam meet your wife or sister ;)

what is your 10c number? when exactly did you join?

to find this out... click on GOODS
    then click on Membership which is 3rd down on the left side menu

most people only provide the first 3 digits of their number.... like this 433xxx

so please let us know!!
  • Options
    I think many people share your story.. but now that you've been sucked in, just watch your post count rise. Loved ones may begin worrying; warn them now.

Welcome! :wave:
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    oh and if you happen to bump into dr0ptheleash in a field in wisconsin... be ready for the hug of your life :lol::mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Yay another Newbie like myself!!!! :D:D

Welcome!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    oh and if you happen to bump into dr0ptheleash in a field in wisconsin... be ready for the hug of your life :lol::mrgreen::lol:

Just make sure you keep an eye on your drink at all times....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

:( i didn't see her
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    ENJOY and i hope you get some tickets...hope that 10C issues tickets for future shows like they did for the canada shows...that worked great 4 me
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Welcome Frazba.

What do we do for initiation around here? Does he have to read through the entire PJ20 Deluxe edition complaints thread or something?
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Welcome Frazba.

What do we do for initiation around here? Does he have to read through the entire PJ20 Deluxe edition complaints thread or something?
    To be a true member you need to achieve posting a Philly 09 thread avoiding Evacuation Rules highly sensitive radar for at least one page... ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Yay another Newbie like myself!!!! :D:D

Welcome!!

Welcome yourself Pamela, and thanks.
  • Options

Just make sure you keep an eye on your drink at all times....

I'm a Scotsman living in Ireland, I have a Masters degree in drink watching :)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Welcome aboard.

Liz.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

most people only provide the first 3 digits of their number.... like this 433xxx

so please let us know!!

My membership number is 475***, excuse my ignorance, but why is it significant?

and thanks Liz
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    welcome, and I must say my story is similar, been a fan from the start, joined the ten club in 98 mainly for the 7" single, not interested that much in tees posters and stuff, and concerts in Buenos Aires were daydreaming at the time, could not renew in 2001, back in 2006 for the same reason, after the Buenos Aires concerts, it slipped my mind joining when I knew about the concerts, I would have make it for the soundcheck, anyway, I'm kind of new as well, since I've just started writing posts last September, not even read the forum the years before...

I am a music fan/collector as well, not only Pearl Jam, that's probably why I'm completely broke...

Last but definitely not least, this is a one way ticket, once you get on, you are doomed... enjoy!!!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Welcome! I think I am actually newer than you, so I don't know if I can offer a proper welcome, but you get one with an exclamation point, so that will have to do you.
    Don't it make you smile?
    I MISS YOU ALREDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

PJ 20 Alpine Valley 9/3/11, Eddie Vedder Albuquerque 11/6/12
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    frazba wrote:

so please let us know!!

My membership number is 475***, excuse my ignorance, but why is it significant?

and thanks Liz

Well now I'm wondering about this myself...being green myself & all....& Hi Liz :wave: The smilies are one of my favorite parts...that, & the thread I found about "Why now u don't Bitchin' "kept me amused for hou... :oops: ..um...a while...see you around :D
  • Options
    I think many people share your story.. but now that you've been sucked in, just watch your post count rise. Loved ones may begin worrying; warn them now.

Welcome! :wave:
    :lol::lol::lol: - but oh so true!!!!!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Welcome Frazba.

:lol::lol::lol: - now that would be cruel.....................