Thanksgiving Plans

brother123brother123 Posts: 792
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
What are you guys doing this year?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm a gonna time everything to a highly choreographed timetable.

My oven broke last year, and someone has not gotten around to purchasing a new one. (a replacement thermostat costs more than a new oven :x )

BBQ turkey legs while baking GBC
    pumpkin cream pie does not need baking
    stuffing goes on the stovetop
    biscuits will bake after GBC

or maybe I'll find somewhere to make reservations.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    hey there buddy, Happy Thanksgiving to you. Hope all is well.

I'll be spending the day with family and friends at my sisters, her hubby loves to cook and does this huge spread.

And since Thanksgiving is my favorite of all holidays, this suits me just fine.

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Going to my grandma's house! I tried to steal Thanksgiving from her a few years ago but my in-laws were there too and verbal fights ensued...ever since then I do my best to keep the fams apart. Luckily they'll be in Ohio all weekend so I don't have to see them at all this weekend.

**Is it really that bad to say that? Does anyone actually truly enjoy their in-laws??**

So relaxing, watching some football, eating, and drinking with the fam. Think I might bring some alcoholic whipped cream with the pies :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Good question. My wife just hit me with this one this morning.

"Would you be OK with us hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year?"

I know one thing I'm definitely doing. I'm drinking a bottle or two of Faithfull Ale.
  • heading to the families house to eat some turkey

maybe split some wood with the buddy before that
  • have fun everyone..feel and share love around!!!we dont have this in Greece but we know to share love and be thankful..enjoy!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    cooking turkey, mashing tators, slicing pumpkin pie, drinking wine, watching football

i'm hosting again this year, but it's just the woman and i. nice and relaxed. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Probably get some chinese take-out with Cindy and Norm.. what some football, do a J.. Then head up north after work on friday for turkey..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Having it at our place this year...I've gotta go to the store tonight and seriously stock up.
    Making my annual veggie lasagna. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    a bunch of us are going to our friends place, his mom is cooking for us
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    kids are with their mother for the day so going out for dinner followed by food coma on sofa with football games
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    In-laws are driving in tomorrow & my wife's cousin will be here Thursday morning. Should be fun!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Going to my mom's house and bringing wine, skinny girl margarita and a pumpkin pecan cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Husband's working, grandmom is in the hospital and my brother and sister-in-law are going to her parents' for dinner and just coming over for dessert...gonna be a small event this year, but at least I'll get first dibs on the cheesecake :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    kids are with their mother for the day so going out for dinner followed by food coma on sofa with football games

then getting the free lasagna instead of the free turkey form the grocery store for Friday night and then taking my sons to see Judas Priest show on Saturday
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'm cooking a big dinner for my family! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    conman wrote:
    a bunch of us are going to our friends place, his mom is cooking for us

Me Too, Other People's Mom's cookin is the Best!
  • Going to Peter Luger's with my mom, her boyfriend and our BFF family...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    cooking, eating, and probably getting up a few leaves since I can't see my driveway anymore and almost ran into the ditch last night after work because the ditch and the driveway look the same. And then, evening comes..relaxation central. :mrgreen:
    Going to Peter Luger's with my mom, her boyfriend and our BFF family...

:o i'm gona get there some day!
  • Going to Peter Luger's with my mom, her boyfriend and our BFF family...

Come tomorrow... My treat :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Going to Peter Luger's with my mom, her boyfriend and our BFF family...

Come tomorrow... My treat :D

:D Don't temp me, cant let my wife down, i'll be in the dog house until christmas.
  • :D Don't temp me, cant let my wife down, i'll be in the dog house until christmas.
    It's worth it... :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    :D Don't temp me, cant let my wife down, i'll be in the dog house until christmas.
    It's worth it... :twisted:

:lol: I Believe you.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Preparing the brined turkey as I type this. (The brine taking forever to boil.) Brining to commence this afternoon.

Tomorrow I'll wake up, throw the turkey in the oven, take 2/3 of the unlost dogs for a run, hang out waiting for the turkey to roast.

We'll pack it up and head to the in-laws about a mile and a half away. Mr. Unlost's dad doesn't leave the house anymore (Alzheimer's) so we'll all be there. Me, Mr. Unlost, the recovering-from-today's-surgery unlost dog (in his travel crate), Mr. Unlost's two brothers and their families.

Is it bad that I'm really looking forward to seeing the in-laws? I understand the New Jersey clan is VERY much into The Walking Dead. :D
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Well, up until 30 minutes ago we were going to my Dad's house. My Step mom called and sounded like
    death warmed over and yes she cancelled. :shock: :-? :wtf:

SO now we are stuck. Mrs. GreenCircle is out shopping now with GreenCircle jr., who just got his first ever rejection from a girl he liked and asked out, poor little guy is a little dented over it. :(

I'm at work for another hour and then rushing home to start prepping tomorrows last minute Turkey dinner.

LIFE IS F' ING AWESOME!!! :(
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Well, up until 30 minutes ago we were going to my Dad's house. My Step mom called and sounded like
    death warmed over and yes she cancelled. :shock: :-? :wtf:

SO now we are stuck. Mrs. GreenCircle is out shopping now with GreenCircle jr., who just got his first ever rejection from a girl he liked and asked out, poor little guy is a little dented over it. :(

I'm at work for another hour and then rushing home to start prepping tomorrows last minute Turkey dinner.

LIFE IS F' ING AWESOME!!! :(
    Oh no!!!! Poor kid :(
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Wife & daughter are headed into City to catch the parade me & boy are staying home to watch Football fart scratch our nuts hey that's what men do , :mrgreen: Then i'll get the Coconut Shrimp done and head to my sister's to meet up with wife & daughter ... :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Cooking and having about 15 people over.
    DRINKING!!!

Really excited to see my sons home from college
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

then getting the free lasagna instead of the free turkey form the grocery store for Friday night and then taking my sons to see Judas Priest show on Saturday

funny, I don't remember posting this last night, but apparently I did, so that is what we are doing