These setlists are freaking me out ...

rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
In a good way. Holy shitballs, Rats, Satan's Bed, I'm Open (HUH!!???).
These are like those dream setlists people post, except um ... they're real. Lots of new songs, too. Someone send the Rolling Stones a memo. Playing new material in concert is actually a good thing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    In a good way. Holy shitballs, Rats, Satan's Bed, I'm Open (HUH!!???).
    These are like those dream setlists people post, except um ... they're real. Lots of new songs, too. Someone send the Rolling Stones a memo. Playing new material in concert is actually a good thing.

But the thing is with the Rolling Stones is that they haven't released any good new material to play live. Last time the Stones were good was like in 81.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    But the thing is with the Rolling Stones is that they haven't released any good new material to play live. Last time the Stones were good was like in 81.

Alright, fair enough. :)
    There are good songs scattered here and there in the more recent albums.
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Alright, fair enough. :)
    There are good songs scattered here and there in the more reent albums.

Yeah, there are some songs here and there I like from them. But they really haven't put out any solid albums from beginning to end recently.
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Anyone else at Hartford think Im Open wasnt anything special really? Just eddie and his guitar singing the end of it. he didnt do any of the spoken word stuff. It was a really great show though! :)
  • Anyone else at Hartford think Im Open wasnt anything special really? Just eddie and his guitar singing the end of it. he didnt do any of the spoken word stuff. It was a really great show though! :)

yeah, it wasn't that great...though I wan tto hear it on the bootleg before I pass my final judgement...

all I could decipher was "I'm Open, I'm open, call me...call me..."
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618

Yeah, I disagree to, I liked Voodoo Lounge a lot, Bridges was ok, the New one, is pretty good, but at the end of the day, The Rolling Stones have at least 50 songs from 1967-1978 I would rather here. The thing about Pearl Jam is, with every album there are songs I want to here live. So why I might think a song like Oh No Not You Again by the Stones is alright, I would rather hear Sway, Some Girls, Let It Bleed or lots of other songs. I dont necesarily feel that way about PJ songs.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)