I'm Open from chicago ...

rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Different from Hartford version? Better? Worse?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    i was at both shows heres my take...

chicago's i'm open, imo was way better than hartfords. Could just be that the sound at Hartford blew, but i think the overall performance of it this time around was better.
  • Nakedeye66Nakedeye66 Posts: 94
    Chicago's was a little better, probably because it wasn't the first time so it came off more polished sounding. I'm curious to hear the boots because the United Center is a notoriously shitty venue soundwise. For whatever reason sound just gets lost in that place. It always made the Bulls fans sound quieter than in the old Chicago Stadium, but the fans were the same .. it was just the dynamic of the building.

Solid show last night. Fairly standard setlist and a few early-tour gliches, but a huge improvement over the '03 show when Ed was sick.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Nakedeye66 wrote:

Solid show last night. Fairly standard setlist and a few early-tour gliches, but a huge improvement over the '03 show when Ed was sick.
    I kind of figured the setlist would be pretty standard tonight. A greatest hits kind of thing was going on. It was still great though!.. I'm thinking tonight will be MUCH more experimental, maybe even a longer show. I can't wait!!!

but to answer the posters original question, I didn't hear the Hartford version, but last nights version was pretty tight and flawless.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Is this an Ed solo thing, or the whole band?
    I kind of figured the setlist would be pretty standard tonight. A greatest hits kind of thing was going on. It was still great though!.. I'm thinking tonight will be MUCH more experimental, maybe even a longer show. I can't wait!!!

I am cool with things thus far ... We got two tour debuts last night. I hope that tonight's show is a bit crazy (like Albany, for example).
  • in Hartford he only sang 'I'm open, come in' over and over. He didn't speak the words like he does on NoCode.....

How about in Chicago?
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Is this an Ed solo thing, or the whole band?

It's just Ed. I too, was at both Hartford and Chicago, and I think Chicago was better. Like the other guy said Hartford was, well, uh.....

I mean if that had been my first PJ show, I would say it was the best concert I had ever been to. But, I've seen PJ several times, and some shows are just better than others.
    tacos
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    In a 4 songs span last night I heard Low Light, I'm Open, and I Got Shit. The first and last being the 2 songs I've been waiting for the most after 19 live shows. Low Light and I Got Shit are easily my two favorite Pearl Jam songs. So, yeah, greatest hits setlist, but I was still very pleased. Lots of energy last night.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    did he play the entire "i'm open" ??? or was it like hartford???
    I think it was a very solid first night setlist. No real beef there. I am also digging the relative lack of covers, as compared to a few years ago.