Options

Have I screwed up? Billing address question

Restless SoulRestless Soul Posts: 809
edited January 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I just put in an order for wembley tix on my sister's credit card and I think it went through because the order is in my profile. But I realised that I didn't change the billing address which has my name in it. Does this matter even though the card is not in my name? Luckily my sister and me have the same address but it didn't give me an option to put in the name of the person on the card.

I sent them an email but I guess they are really busy. Now I'm not sure if the payment has gone through. Should I have gotten a confirmation email straight away? I don't know if the payment will get rejected or not?

Does anyone know whether I'm worrying over nothing?!
"We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
---
London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
London, Wembley, 1996
London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
London, O2, 18 August 2009
London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
London, O2, 18 June 2018
London, O2, 17 July 2018
Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm... Maybe a slight problem because you have to pick them up at the Box Office. HOWEVER if you have her credit card/her with you then you might be alright. :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    JustDunK wrote:
    Hmmm... Maybe a slight problem because you have to pick them up at the Box Office. HOWEVER if you have her credit card/her with you then you might be alright. :)
    no, it's the 10c member's name that counts so he'll be fine.

I had 10c on the phone during the meltdown and asked them about paying for someone else (my friend who had to leave work..could log in for her but had to use my CC), they said it was fine.
  • Options
    JustDunK wrote:

Ok thanks. I'll see what they say. I'm not going to relax until I hear from them now!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    no, it's the 10c member's name that counts so he'll be fine.

I had 10c on the phone during the meltdown and asked them about paying for someone else (my friend who had to leave work..could log in for her but had to use my CC), they said it was fine.

Yes, but the credit card is in my sister's name, not mine, does this mean that the payment could get rejected because the billing address was mine (I didn't think to change it, and also tenclub didn't ask for the name of the person on the credit card? If so, I'll lose my tickets right?

I haven't received my confirmation email, so I think this could be a problem. *sigh*
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• Options
    i dunno if that helps you, but until now ive been paying every tenclub-order with my fathers credit card, its always said my name on the billing adress, and i did get everything i ordered. :)
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Options
    I did exactly the same thing and sent them an email too. I was just too excited to get through i mucked up on putting the right billing address in doh! Fingers crossed it will work for us.
    "All Flowers in time bend towards the sun i know they say theres no one for you but here is one, here is one"
  • Options
    i dunno if that helps you, but until now ive been paying every tenclub-order with my fathers credit card, its always said my name on the billing adress, and i did get everything i ordered. :)

That is reassuring lol. Thanks. I just thought that credit cards usually have to be registered to a name and address, and if one detail is incorrect it could cause problems. Still haven't got my email so I guess its a waiting game for now.
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• Options
    Gar_182 wrote:
    I did exactly the same thing and sent them an email too. I was just too excited to get through i mucked up on putting the right billing address in doh! Fingers crossed it will work for us.

Lol, I was too excited too! I guess we can't be the only ones to have ever used other people's cards can we? I'm sure they must have dealt with this before.

I just got a "thank you for your order" email! They said that there should be another one once its processed so I guess that's when I find out if its gone through or not.

Good luck with your order!
    ---
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Yes, but the credit card is in my sister's name, not mine, does this mean that the payment could get rejected because the billing address was mine (I didn't think to change it, and also tenclub didn't ask for the name of the person on the credit card? If so, I'll lose my tickets right?

I haven't received my confirmation email, so I think this could be a problem. *sigh*
    well, I did put my name (but then it's a different address...now, we used to be faltmates) in teh billing details..but as you have teh same address and last name...I don't think it will be a problem.
    At worse they might contact you to clarify. Don't worry.
  • Options
    That is reassuring lol. Thanks. I just thought that credit cards usually have to be registered to a name and address, and if one detail is incorrect it could cause problems. Still haven't got my email so I guess its a waiting game for now.

i thought so too, first. my dad was already happy to save some money. in the end, i was the happy one.

good luck with that, both of you :)
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.