Options

Pizza A Vegetable?

2»

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i have a taco filled w/ waffles and mr. syrup.
    but actually i have a vegetable, why?

because there's 13 pounds of tomato paste in it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    You are the only one that knows what is good for you. Listen to your body.

Is that what you say to a child?

If your child does not know that pizza is not a vegetable...[rude comment deleted]
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Pizza can also be violent.

9OPmn.gif
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Another thing to remember in this debate is the role of processed food products....pizza can be a healthy choice if the proper ingredients are used, however the folks that want tomato sauce to qualify as a vegetable with unlimited use in school lunch rooms are the corporations that provide highly processed (frozen pizza slices) on the cheap to school systems. Pizza that is low in nutritional value, but high in fat content and sodium. Two things that we Americans really need to limit in our diets.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    i guess this is thinking along the lines of my friend that goes and stuffs himself at a buffet and famously says "as long as i eat some green beans it is a healthy meal..."
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    i guess this is thinking along the lines of my friend that goes and stuffs himself at a buffet and famously says "as long as i eat some green beans it is a healthy meal..."
    ...same thing as ordering a Wendy's Triple, large fries and a Diet Coke :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    but thats retarded.... i dont understand

- this was the reaction of my eldest daughter when i told her this story. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    A serving of pizza only needs two tablespoons of tomato paste to qualify as a vegetable under US nutritional guidelines.

Unbelievable!
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    If I didn't already believe the government didn't care for the well being of its citizens, I think I would start believing it now. In no way can this be considered even plausible...are they to redefine what a vegetable/fruit is???? can this really be...this is just ass backwards! My head is now spinning! Now people will use this as an excuse and then wonder why....ugh...never mind....http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/wellb ... Government
    Does that include the Oreo Pizzas, too?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    If I didn't already believe the government didn't care for the well being of its citizens, I think I would start believing it now. In no way can this be considered even plausible...are they to redefine what a vegetable/fruit is???? can this really be...this is just ass backwards! My head is now spinning! Now people will use this as an excuse and then wonder why....ugh...never mind....http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/wellb ... Government

does the oreo pizza have tomato paste on it???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

does the oreo pizza have tomato paste on it???
    Gosh... i hope not. But, I think they are made from the freshest, vine-ripened Oreos.
    oreo-pizza.jpg
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    tooth paste is actually a vegetable. it is tomato paste which is for teeth, the paste and stuff. now brush your damn teeth before i slap ya boy
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

Well the components of mr. syrup are either from corn, types of cane or maple sap......sounds like a potential vegetable to me.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Well the components of mr. syrup are either from corn, types of cane or maple sap......sounds like a potential vegetable to me.

corn isnt a vegetable.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

corn isnt a vegetable.

and mr. syrup is a cat
  • Options
    Rollings wrote:
    tybird wrote:

corn isnt a vegetable.

and mr. syrup is a cat

so itd be a meatlovers pizza then???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Rollings wrote:
    corn isnt a vegetable.

and mr. syrup is a cat

meow
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

corn isnt a vegetable.
    By who's definition?
  • Options
    Rollings wrote:

corn isnt a vegetable.

and mr. syrup is a cat

Kung Pao Kitty Pizza
  • Options
    tybird wrote:

corn isnt a vegetable.
    By who's definition?

mother natures. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    Simple solution....

Laptop-Lunch-option-2-lg.jpg

Have a good day sweetie.
  • Options
    My3rdEye wrote:
    Simple solution....

Laptop-Lunch-option-2-lg.jpg

Have a good day sweetie.
    I have those lunch boxes for my children. I love the computer carrying case. I actually home teach my children so this is a non-issue for me. I worry for the children who have no other option but free school lunch.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:

corn isnt a vegetable.
    By who's definition?

mother natures. 8-)
    It's vegetable matter....true, it is the seeds of the plant....but I believe that the US government classifies it as a vegetable....and a fuel source :twisted:
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    It's vegetable matter....true, it is the seeds of the plant....but I believe that the US government classifies it as a vegetable....and a fuel source :twisted:
    :lol: yes and according too the US government catsup is a vegetable ...and processed french fried potatoes...oh and so is pizza. corn is a grain. :lol:
  • Options
    Rollings wrote:
    and mr. syrup is a cat
    How do you say, 'Orange Chicken' in Chinese?
    'Garfield'.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    :lol: yes and according too the US government catsup is a vegetable ...and processed french fried potatoes...oh and so is pizza. corn is a grain. :lol:
    Is it a grain due to the plant being a monocot or is there another point that makes it a grain? :?:
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    Is it a grain due to the plant being a monocot or is there another point that makes it a grain? :?:

there are other plants that are determined to be monocots... so no corn isnt classified as a grain solely because of that... otherwise rice would be a vegetable... and we all know it aint and its never even questioned.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I am not sure, I am not a biologist but I think corn is considered a grain because its seed coat is fused to the seed like in grasses...I think where people become confused is because we eat the corn in its premature stage...I think its called the milk stage.
  • Options
    I am not sure, I am not a biologist but I think corn is considered a grain because its seed coat is fused to the seed like in grasses...I think where people become confused is because we eat the corn in its premature stage...I think its called the milk stage.
    Corn is a monocot, like the grasses....and the fact that we, generally, eat it in its softer stage...not dried like the other grains....probably gets it tossed into the vegetable category by many people.....just think, we could count pop-corn as a grain, which it is, for school lunches. :twisted: