Winnipeg Blue Bombers are going to the Grey Cup!!!

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are in the East final this weekend against the Hamilton Tiger Cats! Go Blue!! I haven't been this excited for nearly a decade since we've been wallowing in basement-dwelling misery.

Montreal's out! Winnipeg's in!

GO BLUE!!!
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Is this curling?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • let's go Hamilton!! ;)
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • Is this curling?

CFL football. not boring we-need-4-downs-and-a-45-second-playclock-panzy NFL. ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Is this curling?

CFL football. not boring we-need-4-downs-and-a-45-second-playclock-panzy NFL. ;)

Is that why more Canadians watch the Super Bowl than the Grey Cup? That's no bullshit actually, I was surprised to hear that. I actually like the CFL, though I hardly ever get to see any.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Is this curling?

Is that why more Canadians watch the Super Bowl than the Grey Cup? That's no bullshit actually, I was surprised to hear that. I actually like the CFL, though I hardly ever get to see any.

more people go see Britney Spears than Pearl Jam too. what's your point? ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I'll have to check and see if they are showing the games down here, I hope so. Good luck to your Bombers, maybe you'll meet the Lions in Vancouver. :D
  • voidofman wrote:
    I'll have to check and see if they are showing the games down here, I hope so. Good luck to your Bombers, maybe you'll meet the Lions in Vancouver. :D

which means "hey, at least we GOT to the Grey Cup". :lol:

I'm sorry to say I expect BC to destroy whomever they face. I can't imagine Edmonton will get past them this week.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • How badly do I want to see
    the Blue Bombers freakin'
    WRECK
    former QB Kevin Glenn on Sunday?

As badly as I wanted Montreal
    OUT of the running!

As for the West...
    The Stamps are out,
    so does it really matter?

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Dru_Cortez wrote:
    How badly do I want to see
    the Blue Bombers freakin'
    WRECK
    former QB Kevin Glenn on Sunday?

As badly as I wanted Montreal
    OUT of the running!

As for the West...
    The Stamps are out,
    so does it really matter?

Cheers.

actually, even as a Bomber fan, I have a soft spot for Kevin Glenn. He was booted from our team when I didn't think he deserved to be. After seeing him get his arm broken in the east final back in 2001, when we probably would have won the grey cup had he been healthy, must have been awful for him. I know it was awful for Winnipeg fans.

I wonder what's going to happen to Burris now. He obviously isn't happy about being second banana.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    NFL Network has shown games on Friday night all year. I'm not sure about the playoffs, since they are on Sunday. Depending where you live, check your local sportsnet.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Go Argos!
    Wait...sorry...
  • WE'RE GOING TO THE CUP!!! GO BOMBERS!!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    I am an Argos fan but agree---go blue bombers

Swagger like is back !!!
    Gibson1972
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Good for Winnepeg and thier fans.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I see the game is in Vancouver...if the lions lose...remember last spring...just sayin' ;).
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    I see the game is in Vancouver...if the lions lose...remember last spring...just sayin' ;).

that doesn't happen with CFL football. hockey fans can be brainless goons. football fans can be idiots, but not on a grand scale. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    voidofman wrote:

I'm sorry to say I expect BC to destroy whomever they face. I can't imagine Edmonton will get past them this week.
    I guess you called that one :P
  • Rygar wrote:
    voidofman wrote:

I guess you called that one :P

sadly, yes I did. And BC wasn't even playing that well. It could have been MUCH worse.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Dammit,
    dammit,
    DAMMIT dammit dammit!
    The Bombers barely showed up.

Kudos to the Lions for a heck of a game.
    I'm going to drown my sorrows.
    See you in the summer of 2012,
    fellow Bomber fans!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.