Options

PJ fans take over Midtown Manhattan

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
PJ ruled midtown yesterday and I am sure they will today too. Everywhere I went, PJ fans were there. As far as I could tell, they were welcomed with open arms. Every store, bar, restaurant, street vendor, even the parking garage... you name it, PJ fans were there and the people who were serving them were smiling.

I met people from all over the USA and the World. It is an amazing thing to see and be part of. What a great vibe. As one of the people I met from Detroit said, it really is the melting pot of the world.

Proud to be a New Yorker today! I will see you again later today!
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    solat1973solat1973 Posts: 131
    I Met some pretty cool people from the midwest I forgot where, but they were awesome we were buying drinks for each other and just talking about the band and music.. I remember the one guy saying to me, this is so great that you can go to a bar in nyc and then walk right into the building. Hope to see them again tonight..Enjoy!!
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
  • Options
    it was awesome, anywhere withing a 5 block radius was jam fans eveywhere, can't wait !! few more hours !!!!!!!!!!
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    heading down to central park now then to the bar ...woohoo
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

On Monday, as I was getting off the train from DC, I saw a couple of guys in PJ shirts ahead of me on the escalator at Penn Station. I was trying to catch up with them but they moved too fast (their suitcases had wheels & mine didn't!). As I was trying to reach them, I saw another couple with PJ shirts. I asked them if they were just returning from the DC show. They turned out to be Dutch and were just in NYC for the MSG shows. They hadn't even been to the DC show -- it was just coincidence that they were at the station at that time. It's good to know that PJ fans from every corner of the earth are in town! I wish it was like this all the time.