Sunfest, Gimli, Manitoba, Aug 14, 1993..who was there?

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited July 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
I was. I know Muddy was, obviously. were you in the pit? did you lose a shoe or two?
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was there. It was my first show. Didn't lose a shoe but was pretty deep and suctioned in the mud. Tried jumping up and down but no luck. Was a pretty impressionable show that lead to this little obsession of mine :).
  • I wish. My parents thought I was too young to go (14). I almost hitch-hiked up there.
    Made a friend later down the road who had a very well-made VHS of the show. Almost like being there. Not really.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • I wish. My parents thought I was too young to go (14). I almost hitch-hiked up there.
    Made a friend later down the road who had a very well-made VHS of the show. Almost like being there. Not really.

yeah, I have that vhs, and later someone also gave me a copy on dvd with menus and chapters and the whole bit. when I saw that VHS on ebay, I freaked out. I absolutely had to have it.

all I need now is artwork for the dvd case.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    I WAS there

Ton of fun

muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • I was there, don't remember it all that well. I was 18 and it was my first PJ show. I've seen them I think 5 times now. Love them.
    Gimli Sunfest 93 Fargo 2003 Saskatoon 2005 Winnipeg 2005
  • i wasnt, but its a great proshot vid
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • i wasnt, but its a great proshot vid

have it on dvd. might watch it again tonight.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Posts: 191
    I was there. First PJ show. I drove from Regina with 3 friends. It was wet, sweaty and amazing. I bought 4 shirts and i still have the wrist band (ticket) and review from the Winnipeg paper the next day.

One of the things i remember was that PJ came on late and RATM's first album was played in it's entirety before they they hit the stage. Another moment that sticks in my mind was hearing the new songs before the album came out. amazing.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • TL61540 said:

I was there. First PJ show. I drove from Regina with 3 friends. It was wet, sweaty and amazing. I bought 4 shirts and i still have the wrist band (ticket) and review from the Winnipeg paper the next day.

One of the things i remember was that PJ came on late and RATM's first album was played in it's entirety before they they hit the stage. Another moment that sticks in my mind was hearing the new songs before the album came out. amazing.

Oh my god. Can you scan that review and email it to me?

Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • finally found the lineup for this festival:

Friday:
    Empyre
    Rats For Friends
    Look People
    Mark Reeves and the Groove
    Wild T and the Spirit
    Blue Rodeo

Saturday:
    Skingerbreadman
    Zen Bungalow
    Liquid Bone Dance
    Yamaha Music Quest
    Skydiggers
    Pursuit of Happiness
    The Watchmen
    54-40
    Pearl Jam

Sunday:
    Thomas Trio and the Red Albino
    Bourbon Tebernacle Choir
    The Headstones
    Sven Gali
    Randy Bachman
    Streetheart
    Sass Jordan
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

www.headstonesband.com

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    Wasn't there, but there's a pretty good proshot bootleg out there, so I've seen the bootleg video a bunch of times (one of my favourites). Eddie looks like he's had a few to drink, which makes it pretty fun, plus a roaring version of Sonic Reducer! :)
  • have it on dvd. love it. full show is also on youtube.

www.headstonesband.com