Options

Boston, Theo Epstein, Leash

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Man, yesterday was a BAD DAY for fans of both the NY Yankees and Pearl Jam. I didn't think there was anything that could make me feel bad about a PJ show until last night. Theo playing RITFW and they play LEASH, on the same night, in BOSTON? For Fucks sake, it is like watching your girlfriend with another man! As a New Yorker, this is not easy.

Anyways, congratulations to those lucky fans who were in attendance. A historical night for sure!
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Man, yesterday was a BAD DAY for fans of both the NY Yankees and Pearl Jam. I didn't think there was anything that could make me feel bad about a PJ show until last night. Theo playing RITFW and they play LEASH, on the same night, in BOSTON? For Fucks sake, it is like watching your girlfriend with another man! As a New Yorker, this is not easy.

Anyways, congratulations to those lucky fans who were in attendance. A historical night for sure!
    Maybe Brian Cashman will get up and duet with Fitty Cent next time he rocks MSG.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Poncier wrote:
    Maybe Brian Cashman will get up and duet with Fitty Cent next time he rocks MSG.

I was thinking Cashman probably is a Scott Stapp fan.

Although it's probably more like Indigo Girls
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    I was thinking Cashman probably is a Scott Stapp fan.

Although it's probably more like Indigo Girls

All I said was I feel bad. Never said a bad word about anyone and this is what happens. I even congratulated those in attendance.

Some people have no respect for others opinions.
  • Options
    LongRhodeLongRhode Posts: 93
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    All I said was I feel bad. Never said a bad word about anyone and this is what happens. I even congratulated those in attendance.

Never underestimate the hatred of the Yankees in Boston ;-)

Nice sentiment though in your note. Personally, while bragging rights arguments can be fun at times... seems kinda stupid considering how many epic shows have been played everywhere. Boston has had great shows.. but Philly 03 and 05 were amazing, MSG has had many great shows... hell, one of my favorite boots of all time is Noblesville 03.. maybe Indiana should get in on the argument. While it seems very obvious Pearl Jam loves Boston.. it seems just as obvious they have much love for a lot of cities
    1991 - Warwick RI
    1994 - Boston Garden 1
    2003 - Mansfield 1
    2004 - Boston 1 & 2
    2006 - Albany, Boston 1, Dublin Ireland
    2008 - Mansfield 1 & 2, EV Boston 1
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

some people are way too sensitive

"I even congratulated..." oh sorry.. you were a nice guy... i wasn't... don't tell my mommy
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:
    some people are way too sensitive

"I even congratulated..." oh sorry.. you were a nice guy... i wasn't... don't tell my mommy

Just enjoy it. Why do people have to be insulting? You can make comments without being insulting. It used to be like that around here......
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Just enjoy it. Why do people have to be insulting? You can make comments without being insulting. It used to be like that around here......
    it's a message board

i'm here to amuse myself

i find making fun of others amusing

it's sad but true

:)
  • Options
    rival420rival420 Massachusetts Posts: 58
    Well at least he didn't see Ed wearing a Sox shirt last night! And I have pictures to prove it to..

Pics: http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=550771809&security=pqoGHl
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

Sorry if you took offense man, but my comment was meant to be humorous with a slight ring of truth as I remember watching a televised interview with Epstein and Cashman together, and when Theo's love of music and PJ came up, Cashman was asked about his tastes and said he was more of a hip-hop guy.
    Don't take every little thing on a message board to heart.
  • Options
    Tnerb248Tnerb248 Posts: 49
    as a new yorker and die hard yankee fan who was at both boston shows and lived 2 blocks from fenway for the better part of the last 3 years, i was AMAZED there was no yankees suck chant. you get 10 new englanders, or maybe 6 newton mush bostonians together and it's bound to happen. i mean shit, it happened at the paul mccartney concert last year. when theo came out and eddie put on a francona jersey (which i thought was pretty cool, people who wear manager jerseys are awesome) i was bracing for it, but maybe the red sox fans have realized that they should LOVE their team instead of HATING another one. no hard feelings though. theo is a fine human being and a good gm

i think someone needs to throw up a yankee damon jersey in east rutherford next week in retaliation.

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    LongRhode wrote:
    Never underestimate the hatred of the Yankees in Boston ;-)

i went up to boston for the two VFC warmups in 2004, and without thinking twice i wore my trusty yankees hat. it was interesting to say the least.. one rather large fellow came up behind me at boston beer works before the show and said in my ear, "if there weren't so many people in here, i would cut your f*ckin throat". i think he was only half-kidding too..

then after the show, walking out of the fleet center another rather large dude put his arm around me and said, "you know, we don't appreciate your kind up here.. but since you're a pj fan, me and my buddies won't rough you up."

all in good fun

now that was in 2004, about a month before the world series.. i'm guessing there would be a little less hosility up there these days towards us yankee fans. i wish i could have found out first hand these last couple of days, as amazing as the 2 shows were.. damn work commitments
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    I went to the REM show in 2004 (please no comments - an anniversary present for my wife) at the Fleet shortly after the Red Sox won the World Series.

Stipe, who had done well up until that point in wishing us well for winning, then blew it by singing "Leaving New York" and was booed roundly throughout. Never quite got the crowd back after that.
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    DPrival78 wrote:
    then after the show, walking out of the fleet center another rather large dude put his arm around me and said, "you know, we don't appreciate your kind up here.. but since you're a pj fan, me and my buddies won't rough you up."

I never quite got this mentality. Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm a Boston fan (and I'm self admittedly a "sunshine" Sox fan :eek: ). I'd rather a Boston team win than any one else. The 'yankees suck' chant is pure amusement on my part. But I could really care less if you like the team and proudly display it with a hat, jersey, what ever.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Tnerb248 wrote:
    as a new yorker and die hard yankee fan who was at both boston shows and lived 2 blocks from fenway for the better part of the last 3 years, i was AMAZED there was no yankees suck chant. you get 10 new englanders, or maybe 6 newton mush bostonians together and it's bound to happen. i mean shit, it happened at the paul mccartney concert last year. when theo came out and eddie put on a francona jersey (which i thought was pretty cool, people who wear manager jerseys are awesome) i was bracing for it, but maybe the red sox fans have realized that they should LOVE their team instead of HATING another one. no hard feelings though. theo is a fine human being and a good gm

i think someone needs to throw up a yankee damon jersey in east rutherford next week in retaliation.

-brent

i love it... you were here 3 years and learned the term "newton mush"

divea sped? or whatever the hell they say ;) i went to high school in the lake

some ass clown tried to start the chant on wednesday but i talked him out of it.... i got him to try to start the old "Here we go Brooooooins... Here we go" chant instead ;)
  • Options
    LongRhodeLongRhode Posts: 93
    Tnerb248 wrote:

-brent

Ah yes... Damon.
    Looks like Jesus, Talks like Judas.. Throws like Mary. ;)
    1991 - Warwick RI
    1994 - Boston Garden 1
    2003 - Mansfield 1
    2004 - Boston 1 & 2
    2006 - Albany, Boston 1, Dublin Ireland
    2008 - Mansfield 1 & 2, EV Boston 1
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    LongRhode wrote:
    Ah yes... Damon.
    Looks like Jesus, Talks like Judas.. Throws like Mary. ;)

I love that line, also Jays are taking the division, or at least finishing somewhere in the top three this year
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I love that line, also Jays are taking the division, or at least finishing somewhere in the top three this year

lol

it's good to set your goals low
  • Options
    ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    LIVE WITH IT. During the 1st VFC show in 04 in Boston, we chanted "Yankees Suck!" and that was during the playoffs.

You come to Boston, that's what you get. You go to NYC...same thing.

Yankee fans can be as bad as Sawks fans.

Don't deny it.
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
  • Options
    Speeddiva8 wrote:
    LIVE WITH IT. During the 1st VFC show in 04 in Boston, we chanted "Yankees Suck!" and that was during the playoffs.

Not quite, 9/28/04. Last week of the regular season. Playoffs started the following week.