Beat the Blues.

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,716
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Got the blues? Feeling down? You're in good company. Whenever I feel that way I like to find something (besides Prozac which damn near killed me) to make me laugh or get me recharged. It might me a favorite PJ song, a classic George Carlin clip.

Or Grandpaboy/Paul Westerberg singing "Psychopharmacology". How can you go wrong with a lines like this:

"Feelin' better than yesterday, and worse than tomorrow
It's depressing for me to say I been dressing like Greta Garbo
Oh psychopharmacology works wonders, wonder will it work on me?"

"...I need something to calm me down
I need something to keep me focused
Narcaleptic, paranoid, and borderline hopeless
ADD, PCP, F-U-C-K-E-D that's me." :lol:

What works for you?
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    hookers and blow
  • Depends for me. Some days it's being with friends that helps, or watching something funny. Drawing, or just plain ol' sleeping. Sometimes the best thing I can do is just not be conscious.
  • conman wrote:
    hookers and blow

:lol::lol::lol:Fixed you up this past weekend did it?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Depends for me. Some days it's being with friends that helps, or watching something funny. Drawing, or just plain ol' sleeping. Sometimes the best thing I can do is just not be conscious.

This indeed. Been doing that a lot this past week :( Thankfully I'm headed to sunny Marseille in five days. Hopefully the sun and a much needed reunion will help :)

This indeed. Been doing that a lot this past week :( Thankfully I'm headed to sunny Marseille in five days. Hopefully the sun and a much needed reunion will help :)
    Sorry you've been feeling the need for it too :( But on the bright side, the respite sounds like it will be lovely! That's another great way of alleviating blues....getting the hell out of town :)

Even just doing a day trip helps. I went to Yosemite for a day last month and it did me a world of good. Being out in nature is very calming and cleansing.
  • ^^^ Thanks. I'm sure it's just he weather change, but you know . . .

I agree, getting out, breathing deep and appreciating nature is a great mood lifter :)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I find that the lack of daylight is a killer here in winter time. So, it's very important to get the hell out of the house at the weekend, especially if its sunny (even if its cold out). I find cleaning the car very theraputic - a few hours outside working away in my own little world!

I also think looking online for somewhere to go on holidays during the summer is great fun - even if you don't book anything, it's nice to get some ideas and get carried away :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,716
    Jennytree wrote:
    I find cleaning the car very theraputic - :lol:

A therapist once suggested that cleaning my entire bathroom with a toothbrush would help get my mind off being depressed. I told him I wasn't that depressed! :lol: But I got the message which was to start doing something different so I went back to school, got my Human Services degree and eventually became Program Assistant for those courses. "Doing" was the key thing.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jennytree wrote:
    I find that the lack of daylight is a killer here in winter time. So, it's very important to get the hell out of the house at the weekend, especially if its sunny (even if its cold out).
    That's so true, light is so important, in all forms. I think that's why summer's my favorite season, can't get enough sunshine!