Options

Standing "O" for Vic setlist!!

Comments

• Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    trouble, dead man, hard to imagine, indifference with ben...

wow - just wow - of all the shows ive been to, ive never heard a single one of these...

ive brought a "hard to imagine" sign to so many pearl jam shows - and here they play it in my backyard while im at home watching scrubs reruns...

those of you who were able to attend were truly blessed - it was a fan club only show and man, it sure was for the fans!

of course, theres a tinge of jealousy running through my veins at the moment - i wish i could have been there - but im sure those of you who had the privilege of attending enjoyed it to the fullest
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    I hope you got at least a little bit of sleep this morning. 4am and watching a setlist thread is crazy and respectable.
    I went to bed after 6 :eek: lol
    Thanks, I did have some sleep, but had to check the pit again before i took of noonish today :D

Havent heard from anyone since last nite, i bet theyre still tired and in awe. I know I am, and would be prolly a week at least if I had been there :eek:
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Talk about an awesome show!

Was it just me, or did Ed seem somehow upset or troubled for like the first third??
    "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government..."

http://www.myspace.com/jonjenkins
    http://thelandofoz.us
  • Options
    I went to bed after 6 :eek: lol
    Thanks, I did have some sleep, but had to check the pit again before i took of noonish today :D

Havent heard from anyone since last nite, i bet theyre still tired and in awe. I know I am, and would be prolly a week at least if I had been there :eek:

Lori text me this morning and of course she said it was incredible.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Lori text me this morning and of course she said it was incredible.
    Oh man, I bet :D

Cant wait to talk to all of them after they get back home. Still Lolla for them. Lucky!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Talk about an awesome show!

Was it just me, or did Ed seem somehow upset or troubled for like the first third??

Yeah it was the idiots who kept using flashes after he asked them NOT to. I accidentally did twice though since my camera was acting up. :( There was one girl who did it the WHOLE time. Rude. I saw him look directly at her with a BAD look on his face.
    twisted thoughts....

www.myspace.com/twistette

"Na-noo Na-noo!"
  • Options
    Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    I have to say I thought the set list was amazing! So bumming I wasn't there, I would have been freaking out! Lucky ones to be there! I've been to over 30+ shows and I for one never complain about the set lists. However, I run into a lot of ppl that do. I don't get it.
    I always feel so lucky to be there no matter what they play!
  • Options
    i created the set list and too often found myself skipping thru ... it may have been a smooth one, but i would not have liked it. the highlight for me was the err of including the black crowes' gone.

as for those who say others cannot say that set-lists suck, then you are not allowed to applaud it. however, i doubt that will happen as most of you would praise a set list that included ed singing the phone book ..."oh it was awsome, besides, who needs to hear them sing the songs non-fans like"
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    yeah, if I would have traveled for this show (although I don't really understand travelling thousands of miles, unless you know, john lennon and dennis wilson came back from the dead or something) this isn't the show I would've expected. but the small theatre is cool. I saw vedder play with C-average for something like 6 songs at the palladium and thought that was better.

any pj show is good but they played some mediocre songs for a rarities, fanclub etc. show. education, sad, the no war song, gone, all or none.... all those songs are subpar imo. on the plus side.... i'm open, sonic reducer, in hiding, god's dice, HTI.... those are all cool
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    yeah, if I would have traveled for this show (although I don't really understand travelling thousands of miles, unless you know, john lennon and dennis wilson came back from the dead or something) this isn't the show I would've expected. but the small theatre is cool. I saw vedder play with C-average for something like 6 songs at the palladium and thought that was better.

any pj show is good but they played some mediocre songs for a rarities, fanclub etc. show. education, sad, the no war song, gone, all or none.... all those songs are subpar imo. on the plus side.... i'm open, sonic reducer, in hiding, god's dice, HTI.... those are all cool

Wow, I am just glad I have different tastes than you! I could never imagine using the word "subpar" in the same sentence as All or None or Sad!
  • Options
    Taft wrote:
    Wow, I am just glad I have different tastes than you! I could never imagine using the word "subpar" in the same sentence as All or None or Sad!

LOL.... cool
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Taft wrote:

No kidding. Made me want to poke my eyes out after reading that. "All or None" works pretty well as an opener, I'd be okay with that being put into the rotation.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    i created the set list and too often found myself skipping thru ... it may have been a smooth one, but i would not have liked it. the highlight for me was the err of including the black crowes' gone.

as for those who say others cannot say that set-lists suck, then you are not allowed to applaud it. however, i doubt that will happen as most of you would praise a set list that included ed singing the phone book ..."oh it was awsome, besides, who needs to hear them sing the songs non-fans like"

huh? black crowes gone? if they had played that id have shit myself.

it was a weird set. it was awesome seeing them in a venue like that. but it was a pretty mellow set... it felt like it never really got any momentum going. i did miss hearing some of the staples. i almost wished they'd just done an acoustic set and then a rocking one. split it up more. but on the whole a good time. i guess part of me was just hoping to see the band tear up even flow in a tiny club like ive seen on so many bootleg dvd's and never got to witness myself. that said, it was worth going just for that version of in hiding.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    They played Black Diamond and IN HIDING in the same setlist!

They could play the entire fucking riot act album for all i care and even that couldn't ruin it!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    There was another song about Chicago before the cubbies song.

It was "I used to Work in Chicago". It lasted about 1 minute.

Oh, and after the Cubs song, he dedicated the next song to the White Sox. He introduced as "Fuck Me". Then he started the picture frame song.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    but the slow are the rarities and acoustic songs, etc.
    some ppl can never be satisfied..PJ should write a song about that; I'm sure you wouldn't like it

How have you come to the conclusion that I am never satisfied? I am simply talking about last nights setlist and how it, from my perspective, lacks some power.

I have seen pj seven times since sept. 1 last year. All the shows were great. The last two shows were Copenhagen and Nijmegen. While both shows were tremendous, I enjoyed Nijmegen better because of the powerfull set.

Pearl jam has written lots of songs about some people never being satisfied. Go do your research! And for your information, I like them.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563

well said!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    WTF No Alive, Even Flow, or Jeremy :mad: .............must be saving them for Sunday :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    Please tell me that this show will be released for purchase. WOW, words cannot describe how great this setlist is.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Hawkshore wrote:
    WTF No Alive, Even Flow, or Jeremy :mad: .............must be saving them for Sunday :D

Yeah, Lord knows they don't break those out often enough.
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    It only makes sense that Matt sung Black Diamond because every drummer Kiss has had from Peter Criss to Eric Carr (RIP) to Eric Singer, the drummer has sung that legendary tune. Awesome encore two... Need the CD of this show please.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    It woulda ruled even more if Cameron wore catman makeup, McCready shot rockets out of this guitar, Jeff spat blood, and Stone sucked his own finger while spanking himself with the other hand!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    fanch75 wrote:
    It woulda ruled even more if Cameron wore catman makeup, McCready shot rockets out of this guitar, Jeff spat blood, and Stone sucked his own finger while spanking himself with the other hand!
    In other words, a normal show.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    fanch75 wrote:
    It woulda ruled even more if Stone sucked his own finger while spanking himself with the other hand!

I'm pretty sure Stone saves that for the privacy of his own home! :D
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Taft wrote:
    :D Sad was absolutely rocking! It was one of the highlights for me even though I've heard it before... t'was great to hear off he goes also. And yep, I agree he didn't look in form at the beginning, but he soon got into it :) I thought Ed was actually more entertaining than Mike last night for once. Wow, just such a fantastic night... I'm just getting the feeling back into my legs now.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    Yeah, Lord knows they don't break those out often enough.

:D

That's what makes this a great set list indeed... congrats to those who were there; if you were there and are disappointed, I wish I could have swapped spots with you!

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Dan1984 wrote:
    It only makes sense that Matt sung Black Diamond because every drummer Kiss has had from Peter Criss to Eric Carr (RIP) to Eric Singer, the drummer has sung that legendary tune. Awesome encore two... Need the CD of this show please.
    Black Diamond was fucking brilliant. Mike has a great voice for an 80s hair metal band... and somehow I mean that in a good way :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,091
    Wow this was a brilliant set list.........wish i could have been there. I'm sure the band/someone close to the band visits this board from time to time cos set looks like every fans dream - Rats, i'm Open, Undone, H2I, God's Dice.......OMG just awesome!
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I sure hope that they can keep this kind of mentality when they draw up their next set list for Toronto or Montreal.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    such a great unique setlist. I think the preset can easily be counted as a part of this set
    we don't want war, but we still want more?