Options

Josh Ritter

megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
edited October 2013 in Other Music
every now and then i hear someone live and am confused why they aren't famous.

if you like good acoustic music...kind of like dylan. this dude is good. i'm leaving work to go see him. he's worth 20 bucks when he's in your town.

new song.

the curse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eDAEY-8 ... re=related
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    change of time

i guess the nfl uses this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJIFL34aTss
  • Options
    unfortunately we live in a time when just a guy and guitar will rarely ever make it big, and i have to say his voice just isn't unique or powerful enough to be anything more then a club performer. Just my thought on it though
  • Options
    sparky_fry wrote:
    unfortunately we live in a time when just a guy and guitar will rarely ever make it big, and i have to say his voice just isn't unique or powerful enough to be anything more then a club performer. Just my thought on it though

gotta see him live. show last night was great. the older stuff is different. these newer songs are a little different.

here's another goodie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvCeCVmJ ... r_embedded
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    Josh is one of my live performers and always have left his gig with a smile on my face. but a big part of me wants to keep him quiet so I can continue to enjoy small gigs of a couple of hundred people, him playing "unplugged" and with the lights down low...
  • Options
    hostis wrote:
    Josh is one of my live performers and always have left his gig with a smile on my face. but a big part of me wants to keep him quiet so I can continue to enjoy small gigs of a couple of hundred people, him playing "unplugged" and with the lights down low...

i know what you mean. last night i counted about 90 people. we were just in folding chairs in a small room. it sounded amazing. no one made a noise. he turned the lights completely off for a song. was a perfect mid week concert/therapy session
  • Options
    Saw him at Ottawa Bluesfest with MAYBE a couple hundred people, will never miss him again.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    The Felice Brothers are opening for this dude in Philly in May. Love The Felice Brothers and listening to this guy for the first time. Not to shabby. Think I may have to go.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Gonna try to catch him in Montreal the week before my birthday this winter! Didn't find out about the local show until too late :(
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,559
    I'm really liking the new record. Hoping to catch him at sxsw.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Noisetrade are currently giving away a free download of the Iveagh Gardens live album

http://www.noisetrade.com/joshritter/live-at-the-iveagh-gardens
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,647
    Is anybody here going to be at The Vic tomorrow?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,559
    Gonna get to see him in Nola in July. Will be my first time.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Felice Brothers are opening for this dude in Philly in May. Love The Felice Brothers and listening to this guy for the first time. Not to shabby. Think I may have to go.

Been debating about going to this show. More interested in The Felice Brothers than Ritter. The Felice Brother are also opening for Gaslight Anthem at the Stone Pony. But again, more into Felice. Would rather go to a solo/headlining show..
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I got tickets to see him in York, PA this May. I've seen him before, solid show. The best part was when he raised the devil horns and praised rock n roll at the very religious college he was playing... To me it was very tongue in cheek humor, maybe not so much to the school admin! ;)
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Ritter just reissued his "Historical Conquests of" on colored vinyl. There is a chance for
    "Three random lucky fans who order this vinyl from the Josh Ritter webstore will win a vinyl test pressing of Historical Conquests. Only 3 copies exist in the world!"
    if you purchase it at his store:
    http://joshritter.merchtable.com/music- ... vinyl-2xlp
    comes to around $30 with cheapest shipping.

Amazon has it a little cheaper at $25 but only a few copies left (Ritter just posted this on his Twitter)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FGJ ... tactics-20

(I know I bumped an old thread - but more people should appreciate Ritter so this thread stays active!)