BATW Holiday Help drive!

GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Posts: 3,076
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I was contacted this morning by a very generous 10c member who would like to donate a visa gift card for another 10 clubber in need. This is being done anonymously, the card is coming to me and I will be sending it in silence to a member here.

It got me thinking.....it's about time for another Bugs Amongst The Waves initiative--and what better time than now??

We at BATW would like to challenge anyone who is interested to donate any type of gift card in any denomination, to be sent to others here who may be struggling right now. You can have your name included or you can choose to remain anonymous. You don't even have to buy a new one- we all get gift cards we don't want or need, right? Maybe you've got one in your wallet right now that you've been carrying around since last holiday season.

We also need some nominations for recipients!! Please--if you know someone here who is out of wok, having financial difficulties for whatever reason, please PM me.

Isn't this what the holidays are all about??

If you would like to donate, PM me for the address to mail gift cards to.
If you have a nomination, please PM me the persons name, forum name, and address if you have it. I don't even need you to tell me WHY you are nominating the person; details aren't important.

I can't guarantee that every nomination will get a gift card because the success of this little project depends on the level of participation.

Right now, we have the gift card from the member who PMed me this morning and BATW will also be donating a few $50 gift cards to distribute.

Please help us make someone's day during a time of year that's especially hard for many!!

And if nothing else, help in the form of regular "bumpage" is greatly appreciated as well! :D
Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sounds like a great idea! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    BUMP for BATW and big cheer to the lovely person who donated this card! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,714
    Pure goodness and sweetness of heart.

BUMP! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• :wave:
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • :mrgreen:
    Makes much more sense...

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Bit skint at the mo. But wouldn't mind putting a little in the pot towards a gift card - I don't think I'd be able to a whole one on my own. Any good?
  • Claireack wrote:
    Bit skint at the mo. But wouldn't mind putting a little in the pot towards a gift card - I don't think I'd be able to a whole one on my own. Any good?

Anything you wanted to do would be grand! PM me if you want to contribute cash to go towards this and I will send you my email for paypal.

This goes for anyone in the same boat.

To all: remember-- any cards of any denomination are most appreciated. You have a $5 Caribou Coffee or a $10 AMC theatre card that you want to contribute? That works too! :) Claireack I know you are in England and I'm not sure how that works there but if i had a recipient for England I could pass along to them.

THANK YOU!! :D
    Makes much more sense...

• :!:
    Makes much more sense...

Sweetness resides here!

Go BUGS!

Bump! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    GO BATW!!!

BUMP! :D
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    When do you need the donation or card???
  • 78FLH wrote:
    When do you need the donation or card???

I'd hope to have things sent out to people in the next few weeks--say by December 5th? That's very flexible.

I need nominations people!!! PLease PM me if any of you have someone in mind! If you don't have an address, that's ok, I'm a bit of a slueth and can usually figure it out.

Thanks everyone for the PMs thus far! Please help us make the holidays a little brighter for our friends here if you are able!

-Kelly
    Makes much more sense...

Bump :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • :ugeek:
    Makes much more sense...

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    driving2.gif

Drive! Get it? :lol::lol: Bump!
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    Suziemay wrote:
    driving2.gif

:lol::lol:
    :lol::lol:
    Suziemay wrote:
    driving2.gif

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Spectacular idea! I like this. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    word
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    conman wrote:
    word
    :lol:

Exactly.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    conman wrote:
    word
    :lol:

Exactly.

FUCK!!! I love The Replacements! Great avatar! :-D :thumbup:

and bump of course! :mrgreen:

• ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Bump for BATW.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • GOOD MORNING!!!

I have had a few people that have contacted me regarding donating gift cards (YAY!! You all rock!!)

BUT....

I NEED NOMINATIONS!!!!!

Please let me know if you know of anyone who could use a little help or special treat.

thanks everyone :)
    Makes much more sense...

GOOD MORNING!!!

I have had a few people that have contacted me regarding donating gift cards (YAY!! You all rock!!)

BUT....

I NEED NOMINATIONS!!!!!

Please let me know if you know of anyone who could use a little help or special treat.

This is one of the best things going on the PJ forum. I'm still a bit busted up from a bad fall nine days ago and have been off work but it looks like I'm covered and don't need assistance, but some folks aren't as lucky so let's give KP some nominations- we like helping out! :D

Bump!

• brianlux wrote:
    GOOD MORNING!!!

BUT....

I NEED NOMINATIONS!!!!!

This is one of the best things going on the PJ forum. I'm still a bit busted up from a bad fall nine days ago and have been off work but it looks like I'm covered and don't need assistance, but some folks aren't as lucky so let's give KP some nominations- we like helping out! :D

Bump!
    :thumbup:
    thanks bri!!!! :D
    Makes much more sense...

brianlux wrote:
    GOOD MORNING!!!

BUT....

I NEED NOMINATIONS!!!!!

Bump!
    :thumbup:
    thanks bri!!!! :D

I love it when my friends call me "bri" :-D

Bump and goodnight!

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    :ugeek:
  • brianlux wrote:
    I love it when my friends call me "bri"
    I will remember this :)

Thanks for the bumpage, boys.

here is the problem:
    I have a handful of donations.......and not enough reciepients!! :shock:

If you know someone who could use some help, but don't want them to know that you nominated them, thats OK too. Please PM me. Otherwise I am going to start combing the boards for someone that sounds like they could use a hand.
    Makes much more sense...

drivesaint00.gif
    :D