Xbox 360 Slim

binauralsounds182binauralsounds182 Posts: 119
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
How much $$ is a good price for a used xbox 360 slim 250gb? Or would it be better to get a used xbox 360 with a big hard drive (like 250) and buy the wireless adapter separate? I heard those adapters go for close to $100 :shock:
1st and only show so far:
Charlottesville, VA 10/29/2013

"He who forgets will be destined to remember."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i would just get a cheap 360. Also you can use your laptop as a wireless adapter for your xbox, which is what i do. I've heard the wireless adapters for the 360 can be a little laggy too, and definitely not worth $100. You just need to hardwire your laptop to your xbox, change a few settings and have your xbox piggyback of your computers wireless connection.
  • Just an FYI .... Check the black Friday ads I just saw toys r us is giving a $100 gift card for buying a a new one ... Don't know which one .... Anyway the system is a few years old so u can just walk in anytime that day before noon or so and get the deal . Pretty sure other retails will have the same deal
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Do not get an old xbox. Repeat, do not get an old xbox ... unless you can get it for under $80 and are willing to gamble.

Several big issues:

* Three rings of death: I had it happen to me three times. All my friends with old xbox's have experienced it also. It costs $130 to repair and several weeks.

* Noise: The old xbox has a VERY loud fan. The new slim is very quite

* Wireless: The wireless in the slim is better then the external wireless adapter

* Kinect: The slim is kinect-ready. The old one requires an adapter you need to buy.

Even if you didn't have to worry about the three rings of death, I would get the slim just for the noise issue alone. Watch different stores leading up to black friday and I'm sure you can score a deal.