the MRS joe paterno poll - did she know?

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
while pondering the depth of this vile and nasty cover-up
i thought hell
probably 6, 8, even 10 more men knew

because the fucked up individuals involved in this have to be men

right?
a woman wouldn't put up with it
right?

i say she didn't know
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• She has Alzheimer's so she probably forgot she knew.
  • More importantly, did Mrs. Sandusky know?
    Because some of this happened under her own roof and quite possibly, while she was there.

Mrs. Paterno was probably a bit more removed from the situation.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    can you please explain to me everything Mr. Paterno knew? I'm willing to bet it's a ton less than you think.

Some people seem to believe that Joe tied these kids down.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    She was the book keeper for joe pa's hire a boy program

i'm sure if you connect the dots, you will come to the same conclusion.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • can you please explain to me everything Mr. Paterno knew? I'm willing to bet it's a ton less than you think.

Isn't enough that he knew that his former coach - and a man still involved with PSU football in some capacity (if rumors are true, he was "recruiting" as recent as 2010) - had some sort of inappropriate contact with a 10 year old boy in his (joepa's) facilities? He's admitted to being told at least that much. He's admitted that McQueary was very "distraught" when he spoke to him about it.

Showering in locker room. Sandusky. 10 year old boy. Inappropriate. Hmmmm.

For me, he doesn't need to know more than that for me to believe that he let that child down and the children that followed in subsequent years. And not just him. All of them who were involved.

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

On topic though, I don't believe that Mrs. JoePa knew. And the monster's wife probably never wanted to admit what she probably suspected all along. I mean, who wants to admit they're married to a monster?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • can you please explain to me everything Mr. Paterno knew? I'm willing to bet it's a ton less than you think.

I think in the next few months were gonna hear everything that Joe knew. And it's not gonna be good. Joe may know football but he doesn't know between right and wrong. It's WIN at all costs. There's alot more then winning football games.

I don't think his wife knew I hope not.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The more they delve into Sandusky ... his interviews
    his words.... just disgusting lies, a horrible human being ...
    pretending to be someone to be admired and kind ... helping children.
    Then raping them... he is pure evil.

Can we get some tough laws and the judge worked for his organization :?
    and gives him 100,000 bond ... ridiculous

edit edit op question

oh sorry I'm upset... I don't think he told her

but if she did know she would stand by her husbands actions I think
    he went to his superiors... not enough but she would unite with him whatever he chose to do
    my feeling there.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    can you please explain to me everything Mr. Paterno knew? I'm willing to bet it's a ton less than you think.

There was an interesting commentary the other day about what he knew and when he knew it written by a prosecutor. Essentially, the guy came to the conclusion that since Curley & Schultz were charged with perjury and Paterno & Spanier were not, that Paterno knew a lot less than people are saying.

Basically, he said the only way that Paterno was not charged, would be because McQueary downplayed it to Paterno but was completely honest with Curley and Schultz. Since everyone testified that it was classified as horsing around, and two people who said they were told that it was horsing around were charged and Paterno said it was horsing around and he wasn't charged, that must be what McQueary told him. Now no doubt he still should have done more, but the full story many not have been told to him

I'm not saying this is the case and I am sure I am coming off as a Paterno apologist, but it was definitely interesting.

Edit: Here it is
    I was a prosecutor for ten years and I have done Grand Jury investigations. I have complex views about the situation. I've read the Grand Jury report three times now. (It's not that long - 23 pages, double spaced, Microsoft Word - so everyone should read it.)

I think it should all hinge on the old Nixon question, "What did he know and when did he know it?" And according to the GJ Report, neither he nor Spanier knew much. The report just does not say what the commentators are saying that it says. While the incident McCreary saw was obviously terrible, the Grand Jury charged Curley and Schultz with perjury for testifying that McCreary didn't tell them specifically about the anal rape. But, Paterno and Spanier told them the same thing and the Grand Jury did not charge them with perjury. That leads me to believe that McCreary told the grand jury that he didn't tell Paterno the specifics.

The last victim, where the janitor saw Sandusky engaged in oral sex, was never reported to anyone other than the janitor's supervisor and the supervisor told no one. So how was Paterno, Spanier or anyone else supposed to do anything about it or even know about it?

The only other time an adult witnessed Sandusky doing anything was a wrestling coach at a local high school who stumbled on some wrestling that looked suspicious. But Sandusky and the kid were both fully clothed. That had absolutely nothing to do with Penn State and there is no indication that Paterno knew anything about it.

The 1998 case that was reported to campus police, was reported by the mother of the boy from what the boy told her. No adult saw anything. But nothing happened in that incident that could have been prosecuted - that's why it wasn't prosecuted. Again, according to the GJ report, the boy told his mom that Sandusky had taken a shower with the boy at the university, soaped his back and helped him wash, and the boy felt that it was wrong and I'm sure it was. But that's all that happened in that incident according to the GJ Report.

The other four victims reported behavior that occurred in Sandusky's home and was reported to no one until this investigation.

It's entirely possible that Paterno and others saw "signs" and/or "should have known" what Sandusky's proclivities were. But based solely on what's in this report there is absolutely nothing that justifies the scorn being heaped on Paterno.

Think about this. McCreary was 28 years old when he saw Sandusky and the boy. Why didn't he break it up on the spot? Instead, according to the Grand Jury report, he called his Dad who told him to leave the building immediately and come to his house. They discussed things and the dad told him that he should report it to Paterno the next day. Why didn't either McCreary or his Dad go to the police? Sandusky wasn't even a coach at that point. He'd retired three years before.

Also, according to the GJ report, Curley and Schultz reported the incident to the Executive Director of Sandusky's Foundation! Why didn't he do anything about it? If anyone could have single-handedly stopped Sandusky, it was him.

Lastly, the final incident in the GJ report occurred in 2008. It was reported by the high school authorities in 2008. If the authorities are so horrified that the PSU officials didn't do anything about it, why did it take them three years to investigate this? How many kids were hurt while they were taking their good old time? The Grand Jury testimony in this case was given in January of 2011. Why did they wait ten months to arrest Sandusky?

I don't mean to exonerate Joe by all of this. All I'm saying is the only facts that I'm aware of make Joe's involvement look pretty puny compared to some others who've gotten off the hook completely and that Joe is being held to a way higher standard than McCreary, his Dad, and the Foundation E.D., to name a few. Maybe the Trustees have additional information that's not in the GJ Report (which is itself pretty sloppy in my opinion) and if so the Trustees' actions might be justified.

So the answer to my question, "What did he know and when did he know it?", is not much. At least according to the only facts that we know.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,674

I dunno. These coaches spend 16-20 hours a day at work. They go on the road together. You would have to think these guys would know each other very well. Especially since the shower situation was brought to light... and the fact that Sandusky seems to have been forced out and his charity camps sent elsewhere.

Paterno runs the show there. He knew.

I tried to give him as much benefit of the doubt as I could. I didnt want to believe he could have possibly known. I didnt want this great American icon wasted like this.... Reading the grand jury report and knowing what happens at a top level football program gives little doubt Paterno is negligent.

And to answer the question. I bet the wife knew. She prepares a huge dinner for all the players, coaches, etc after every game. I am sure there is gossip among 'the wives' of the Admins.
    MayDay10 wrote:

I dunno. These coaches spend 16-20 hours a day at work. They go on the road together. You would have to think these guys would know each other very well. Especially since the shower situation was brought to light... and the fact that Sandusky seems to have been forced out and his charity camps sent elsewhere.

I tried to give him as much benefit of the doubt as I could. I didnt want to believe he could have possibly known. I didnt want this great American icon wasted like this.... Reading the grand jury report and knowing what happens at a top level football program gives little doubt Paterno is negligent.

And to answer the question. I bet the wife knew. She prepares a huge dinner for all the players, coaches, etc after every game. I am sure there is gossip among 'the wives' of the Admins.

Sue Paterno gossips about child molestation with other wives? Get serious.
  • Doing the bare minimum - the philosophy of today's society.

And yes, Paterno did only what he was supposed to do, by telling his immediate superior, which was the bare minimum. That turned out well, right? :roll:

Im sure we'll find out more over the months to come. But I hope for the school's sake as well as his own, that Paterno knew no more than what has come out already, and had no further involvement. What has come out already is bad enough, but its beginning to seem like the catholic church scandals all over again. The guy should have retired years ago if you ask me. I'm thinking he's feeling the same way right about now.

Everyone involved is at fault here to some extent. Im sorry, but you find out about an adult coach taking nude showers with young boys. Whether it is just "horse play" or not, its inappropriate, and for the school, coaches and everyone else involved to just basically say, 'thats fine, just dont do it here', is despicable. Oh, we took away his locker room keys....problem solved :roll:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

Doing the bare minimum - the philosophy of today's society.

And yes, Paterno did only what he was supposed to do, by telling his immediate superior, which was the bare minimum. That turned out well, right? :roll:

Im sure we'll find out more over the months to come. But I hope for the school's sake as well as his own, that Paterno knew no more than what has come out already, and had no further involvement. What has come out already is bad enough, but its beginning to seem like the catholic church scandals all over again. The guy should have retired years ago if you ask me. I'm thinking he's feeling the same way right about now.

Everyone involved is at fault here to some extent. Im sorry, but you find out about an adult coach taking nude showers with young boys. Whether it is just "horse play" or not, its inappropriate, and for the school, coaches and everyone else involved to just basically say, 'thats fine, just dont do it here', is despicable. Oh, we took away his locker room keys....problem solved :roll:

Agreed, I just think there is not nearly enough information for people to come to some of the conclusions they have. Whether he was told that Sandusky raped a kid or they were just horsing around, he should have done more. I completely agree. But it certainly changes the situation a bit.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

in all fairness, you could probably write any part of this entire story followed by "get serious" and it would work.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

in all fairness, you could probably write any part of this entire story followed by "get serious" and it would work.

True, but I am fairly confident Sue Paterno was not gossiping about this the coaches wives.
    maybe not all the coach's wives, but maybe the President's wife. Of McCreary's wife.

Not like constant gossip, but they might have known and whispered about it amongst each other. That wouldnt surprise me at all. If one of them knew (or even suspected)... then all of them knew.

I wouldnt be all that surprised if she had no idea either, but wives seem to know things.