Options

Grooming standards in the workplace!

edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay so the nature of the business I work in sees alot of the public/clients etc on a daily basis so as you can imagine, a smart appearance is important in this line of work which I totally understand. I got to work this morning and an email had been sent round to all the staff regarding "grooming standards" and what you are about to read is the guidelines that have to be followed...this made my morning!! It's quite lengthy but there are some crackers in this!

General

Uniforms - Where provided, uniforms must be worn. No other substitutes are permitted. Must be neat, clean, odour-free and well pressed at all times.
Jackets, where provided, must be worn at all times in guest areas, unless when provided for outdoor use only. In extreme heat, it is up to the Manager’s discretion whether jackets may be left off.
Should have no loose lining, be stain-free, have no buttons missing and no broken zippers. Items should be sent to the laundry company for repair.
To be fitted appropriately, i.e. not too tight or too loose.
Trousers must be hemmed to sit on front of shoes with a crease down centre of leg. Hem lines must not be so long they trail on the ground and get worm.
Long-sleeved shirts must have sleeves to wrist and all buttons fastened (including for men the top button) and tucked into trousers.
Waistcoats, where provided, must have all buttons done up.
Aprons, where provided, must be worn at knee length.
Ties, where provided must be tied neatly and pushed up to the collar.

Shoes - Shoes must be black, of professional style, and well maintained. No flashes of colour are permitted.
Heels should be re-heeled as frequent as necessary.
Shoes should be polished on a regular basis to ensure a dirt-free, high sheen finish.
Open-toe shoes are not permitted.

Hair - Hair must be dry, tidy, clean and brushed, without excess use of gels or other hair products.
Hair longer than shoulder-length should be neatly tied back with a simple hair accessory. Hairstyles must maintain a stylish appearance at all times. Styles of an extreme or “trendy” nature (e.g., mohicans) will not be permitted.
Hair colouring is acceptable if it presents a professional appearance. Colours must be conservative and of natural hues (e.g., browns, reds, blacks, blondes, and gray). Colouring must be regularly treated to maintain a consistent and natural appearance.
Hairstyles should maintain a fresh appearance throughout an employee’s shift.
Food handlers: Long hair must be tied back neatly.

Make-up - Female staff are encouraged to wear make-up to enhance natural features.

Fragrance - Perfume and aftershave are permitted; however, both should be used discreetly. Strong and excessive scents are offensive to some people.

Watches - May be worn, but conservative style only, no large-face or colourful watches.
Gold, silver, black or metallic coloured watches with leather or same metal strap only.
Sports and plastic watches are not acceptable.

Tattoos - Visible tattoos are not acceptable.

Piercings - Female employees – simple studs or small hoops are acceptable, one in each ear. Long earrings or large hoops are not permiited.
Male employees – no visible piercings are acceptable.

Hands & Nails - All employees should maintain clean hands and fingernails while working.
Hands should be washed frequently and should be free of nicotine stains.
Fingernails should be manicured to a conservative length (ie. no longer than 0.5cm from tip of finger).
Nail polish is permitted in a pale, natural colour and should be glitter-free. It must be chip-free and regularly maintained.
Food handlers only: Nails must be short, clean and free of nail varnish.

Nametags - Nametags should be clean, unscratched & worn at all times during work.
To be worn on the left side, either on the lapel or pocket.
If there is no lapel or pocket, the nametag must be worn in the approximate same position. No other pins may be worn.
Damaged nametags must be replacement immediately.

Personal Hygiene - Good grooming starts with personal care:
Shower daily and use an un-perfumed or lightly scented deodorant.
Change your underclothes, tights and socks daily.
Brush your teeth regularly and preferably use a mouthwash, especially after a cigarette break.
Wash your hands regularly – always after going to the toilet or after smoking before going on duty.

Then here are the guidelines for the men...

Suits if non -uniformed - Accepted are:
Business attire, two piece suits.
Proper colours for suits: dark colours, ie: black, charcoal grey, navy
Suits may be plain, herringbone, pin striped or chalk striped.
Permitted colours for shirts: plain white or pastel.
Same colour jacket and trousers are required. No other trousers to be worn with blazer.
Tie always tied up and to suit attire, no concept or theme.
Top button must be closed at all times.
NOT accepted are:
Shirts without jacket.
Jeans, silk or leather trousers.
Silk shirt.
Button-down shirts, nor long pointed collars.

Underwear - Vests must be white with no printing.
Undergarments should not be visible, no VPL. (THIS CRACKED ME UP!!)

Hair - Should be of conservative style, short and neat.
Side-burns neatly trimmed at all times.

Facial hair - Neatly groomed moustaches or beards are acceptable. Men should be clean-shaved at all times. For employees with strong hair growth, shaving just prior to starting the shift is recommended.
If an employee wishes to grow a moustache/beard, this must be done whilst on holiday so as not to appear unshaven at work.

Watches - May be worn, but conservative style only, no large-face watches.
Gold, silver, black or metallic colored watches with leather or same metal strap only.

Jewellery - One ring only per hand, not permitted on thumb and index fingers.
No bracelets
No earrings
No visible piercing/s
No visible neck chain
No tie pins to be worn

Shoes - Shoes must be black.
Well polished and scuff-free at all times.
Heels not run down.

Socks - Plain black socks, no holes, without any design.

Accessories - Belt if required must be black and plain with a simple buckle.
Ball pens should be kept inside the jacket and not visible from the outside.

And lastly for the females...
Business suit, two-piece black, navy or grey suit (skirt or trousers are permitted).
Same colour/fabric jacket and trousers/skirt are required.
NOT accepted are:
Skirts above knee length
Trousers/skirt without jacket

Blouse/shirt/tops - Accepted are:
Business appropriate style and fabric eg. blouse, shirt
Dark or neutral in colour eg. black, brown, navy, tan, white
NOT accepted are:
Anything too tight-fitting or revealing
No highly patterned fabrics
No bold or neon colours

Hair - Long hair i.e. hair which falls past the shoulder, should be styled away from the face.
Long fringes should be styled away from the face so that the eyes are in full view.
Hair accessories must be simple in design and of a conservative colour to co-ordinate with the attire. Accessories must match the natural hair colour ie black, brown, or blonde. No bold or brightly coloured accessories are permitted.

Make-up - Make-up, when worn, should be natural, subtle but visible.
No brightly coloured lipstick, blusher or eye colours are permitted.
Skin should have a clean, fresh looking appearance.
Make-up, when worn, should be freshened on breaks to maintain a fresh appearance.
Foundation when applied should be of a natural flesh-tone colour.
Lipstick, eye shadow and blusher should be worn in conservative colours; dark colours should be avoided. Lip liner should match the colour of the lipstick. Glitter and frosted colours are not acceptable.
Mascara should be black or dark brown.

Nails - Short (max. 0,5 cm from fingertip), clean and neat.
When applied, nail polish must be of a clear, pale or neutral colour.
French/American manicure is permitted.
Chipped or worn polish should be repaired or removed prior to work.
Artificial nails should be well maintained and consistent in appearance.
Nail decals, jewels, and airbrush designs are not permitted.

Jewellery - One ring only per hand except wedding rings (wedding band, engagement, eternity).
No fashion rings.
Ring on little finger, ring finger or middle finger only, not permitted in thumb or index.
Earrings restricted to a maximum of one in each ear lobe, stud or sleeper, no larger than a 5p coin. Small hanging earrings are permitted provided that the drop is no longer than 1 cm below the lobe. No large hoops.
One bracelet only.
One discreet neck chain acceptable to compliment outfit.
No broach.
No nose studs or ankle chains.

Shoes - Only black shoes should be worn.
Well polished, scuff-free.
Clean and not worn down.
NOT accepted are:
Boots or sandals
Steel tips
High fashion shoes
Heels above 5 cms

Underwear - Underwear should be well fitting and not be visible through uniform items.

Stockings, tights or knee-highs
Stockings/tights/knee highs are mandatory & should always be free of runs & holes.
Stockings/tights should be worn with skirts at all times. If wearing trousers, knee-highs or stockings/tights are mandatory.
Stockings colours should be natural tan or flesh coloured.
Textured, ornate, white, black, fishnet and high shimmer stockings/tights/knee high are not permitted.
Housekeeping – black socks only should be worn.

Scarves - Scarves, where provided, must be tied as per the agreed standard, clean and crease free.

Alot of it I understand but I think it's gone way into the extremes??
PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i like VPL's

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    95% of our workforce could not work for your company

we have piercings and tattooes out the wahzoo so to speak

not me, but a lot of people here

what the hell do you do any way?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i like VPL's

:lol:

Yeeeeeeah! I find nowt wrong with them either!! :D
  • Options

not me, but a lot of people here

what the hell do you do any way?

You would think I work for the Queen the way these guidelines are written lol! I work in a business centre (reception based) but the company also have hotel suites.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I had to adhere to a somewhat similar dress code when I worked at the mall.
    it was for a gift type store, and ladies were required to wear stockings/hosiery-also, we were expected to climb ladders to retrieve items from storage that were on the sales floor and in the back stock room. (yes, us girls had to wear skirts and climb ladders to get items for customers :x )

I would always get my stockings snagged on the ladder, or a shelf, box corner etc...so I ended up buying the $0.99 stockings and keep an extra pair in my bag. I did end up wearing lots of 'skorts' the horribly ugly fashion no-no. I had to take my earrings out before work since I have more than 'one earring per ear'.

Last place I worked for, one day they suddenly decided we could only have 'hair coloring of a natural shade', no more than 1 earring per ear, no nose/lip/tongue rings. :roll: One day, they even had the 'grooming' talk...passed around deodorant, shampoo, a bar of soap....and they banned 'stinky' food.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    (yes, us girls had to wear skirts and climb ladders to get items for customers :x )

hmm...this is good information to know. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    (yes, us girls had to wear skirts and climb ladders to get items for customers :x )

hmm...this is good information to know. :lol:

don't forget wearing heels too...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    That is hilarious. I understand some don't know how to dress in a professional atmosphere(there are a few ladies in my office that dress like they just rolled out of bed or are going to bed) but come on.
  • Options
    perhaps we need a post a picture of yourself in your work place attire thread. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I think the funniest part is how in some areas it seems pretty ostentatious ---like this --

"Watches - May be worn, but conservative style only, no large-face watches.
    Gold, silver, black or metallic colored watches with leather or same metal strap only.
    Sports and plastic watches are not acceptable."

AND - in other spots they dont want people going over the top to show off their Mont Blancs?
    "pens should be kept inside the jacket and not visible from the outside."

I actually had to put on my monkey suit today but most days it is khakis and pretty relaxed. Fridays are jeans and whatever you like for a shirt -- I was rocking the PJ Zombies on Friday. :)

I dont think I would like to work for any company that issues a policy like this. I would, given the correct circumstances I guess, but if I could find another spot that was good to work for I would take it. Kind of 'douche-y.'
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    holy hell, that is ridiculous. I couldn't do it...I already push the envelope at my job with long hair and a beard for half of the year. I'm thinking about pushing it a little further with a visible tattoo; right now I only have ink on my legs and I wear pants everyday. Oh, and what's VPL? :? :oops: (all i can think of is "visible panty lines") Is that right???
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    perhaps we need a post a picture of yourself in your work place attire thread. :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROnk1FDKaCJNBZehKqF3VEPpVHdYasiJpVxfrhT_sy8y1LjZs4

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    holy hell, that is ridiculous. I couldn't do it...I already push the envelope at my job with long hair and a beard for half of the year. I'm thinking about pushing it a little further with a visible tattoo; right now I only have ink on my legs and I wear pants everyday. Oh, and what's VPL? :? :oops: (all i can think of is "visible panty lines") Is that right???

:lol: that is right.
  • Options

that woudl be corret :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm guessing you work for an airline or an upscale hotel company.

That's pretty intense though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Okay so the nature of the business I work in sees alot of the public/clients etc on a daily basis so as you can imagine, a smart appearance is important in this line of work which I totally understand. I got to work this morning and an email had been sent round to all the staff regarding "grooming standards" and what you are about to read is the guidelines that have to be followed...this made my morning!! It's quite lengthy but there are some crackers in this!

General

Uniforms - Where provided, uniforms must be worn. No other substitutes are permitted. Must be neat, clean, odour-free and well pressed at all times.
    Jackets, where provided, must be worn at all times in guest areas, unless when provided for outdoor use only. In extreme heat, it is up to the Manager’s discretion whether jackets may be left off.
    Should have no loose lining, be stain-free, have no buttons missing and no broken zippers. Items should be sent to the laundry company for repair.
    To be fitted appropriately, i.e. not too tight or too loose.
    Trousers must be hemmed to sit on front of shoes with a crease down centre of leg. Hem lines must not be so long they trail on the ground and get worm.
    Long-sleeved shirts must have sleeves to wrist and all buttons fastened (including for men the top button) and tucked into trousers.
    Waistcoats, where provided, must have all buttons done up.
    Aprons, where provided, must be worn at knee length.
    Ties, where provided must be tied neatly and pushed up to the collar.

Shoes - Shoes must be black, of professional style, and well maintained. No flashes of colour are permitted.
    Heels should be re-heeled as frequent as necessary.
    Shoes should be polished on a regular basis to ensure a dirt-free, high sheen finish.
    Open-toe shoes are not permitted.

Hair - Hair must be dry, tidy, clean and brushed, without excess use of gels or other hair products.
    Hair longer than shoulder-length should be neatly tied back with a simple hair accessory. Hairstyles must maintain a stylish appearance at all times. Styles of an extreme or “trendy” nature (e.g., mohicans) will not be permitted.
    Hair colouring is acceptable if it presents a professional appearance. Colours must be conservative and of natural hues (e.g., browns, reds, blacks, blondes, and gray). Colouring must be regularly treated to maintain a consistent and natural appearance.
    Hairstyles should maintain a fresh appearance throughout an employee’s shift.
    Food handlers: Long hair must be tied back neatly.

Make-up - Female staff are encouraged to wear make-up to enhance natural features.

Fragrance - Perfume and aftershave are permitted; however, both should be used discreetly. Strong and excessive scents are offensive to some people.

Watches - May be worn, but conservative style only, no large-face or colourful watches.
    Gold, silver, black or metallic coloured watches with leather or same metal strap only.

Tattoos - Visible tattoos are not acceptable.

Piercings - Female employees – simple studs or small hoops are acceptable, one in each ear. Long earrings or large hoops are not permiited.
    Male employees – no visible piercings are acceptable.

Hands & Nails - All employees should maintain clean hands and fingernails while working.
    Hands should be washed frequently and should be free of nicotine stains.
    Fingernails should be manicured to a conservative length (ie. no longer than 0.5cm from tip of finger).
    Nail polish is permitted in a pale, natural colour and should be glitter-free. It must be chip-free and regularly maintained.
    Food handlers only: Nails must be short, clean and free of nail varnish.

Nametags - Nametags should be clean, unscratched & worn at all times during work.
    To be worn on the left side, either on the lapel or pocket.
    If there is no lapel or pocket, the nametag must be worn in the approximate same position. No other pins may be worn.
    Damaged nametags must be replacement immediately.

Personal Hygiene - Good grooming starts with personal care:
    Shower daily and use an un-perfumed or lightly scented deodorant.
    Change your underclothes, tights and socks daily.
    Brush your teeth regularly and preferably use a mouthwash, especially after a cigarette break.
    Wash your hands regularly – always after going to the toilet or after smoking before going on duty.

Then here are the guidelines for the men...

Business attire, two piece suits.
    Proper colours for suits: dark colours, ie: black, charcoal grey, navy
    Suits may be plain, herringbone, pin striped or chalk striped.
    Permitted colours for shirts: plain white or pastel.
    Same colour jacket and trousers are required. No other trousers to be worn with blazer.
    Tie always tied up and to suit attire, no concept or theme.
    Top button must be closed at all times.
    NOT accepted are:
    Shirts without jacket.
    Silk shirt.
    Button-down shirts, nor long pointed collars.

Underwear - Vests must be white with no printing.
    Undergarments should not be visible, no VPL. (THIS CRACKED ME UP!!)

Hair - Should be of conservative style, short and neat.
    Side-burns neatly trimmed at all times.

Facial hair - Neatly groomed moustaches or beards are acceptable. Men should be clean-shaved at all times. For employees with strong hair growth, shaving just prior to starting the shift is recommended.
    If an employee wishes to grow a moustache/beard, this must be done whilst on holiday so as not to appear unshaven at work.

Watches - May be worn, but conservative style only, no large-face watches.

Jewellery - One ring only per hand, not permitted on thumb and index fingers.
    No bracelets
    No earrings
    No visible piercing/s
    No visible neck chain
    No tie pins to be worn

Shoes - Shoes must be black.
    Well polished and scuff-free at all times.
    Heels not run down.

Socks - Plain black socks, no holes, without any design.

Accessories - Belt if required must be black and plain with a simple buckle.
    Ball pens should be kept inside the jacket and not visible from the outside.

And lastly for the females...
    Business suit, two-piece black, navy or grey suit (skirt or trousers are permitted).
    Same colour/fabric jacket and trousers/skirt are required.
    NOT accepted are:
    Skirts above knee length
    Trousers/skirt without jacket

Blouse/shirt/tops - Accepted are:
    Business appropriate style and fabric eg. blouse, shirt
    Dark or neutral in colour eg. black, brown, navy, tan, white
    NOT accepted are:
    Anything too tight-fitting or revealing
    No highly patterned fabrics
    No bold or neon colours

Hair - Long hair i.e. hair which falls past the shoulder, should be styled away from the face.
    Long fringes should be styled away from the face so that the eyes are in full view.
    Hair accessories must be simple in design and of a conservative colour to co-ordinate with the attire. Accessories must match the natural hair colour ie black, brown, or blonde. No bold or brightly coloured accessories are permitted.

Make-up - Make-up, when worn, should be natural, subtle but visible.
    No brightly coloured lipstick, blusher or eye colours are permitted.
    Skin should have a clean, fresh looking appearance.
    Make-up, when worn, should be freshened on breaks to maintain a fresh appearance.
    Foundation when applied should be of a natural flesh-tone colour.
    Lipstick, eye shadow and blusher should be worn in conservative colours; dark colours should be avoided. Lip liner should match the colour of the lipstick. Glitter and frosted colours are not acceptable.
    Mascara should be black or dark brown.

Nails - Short (max. 0,5 cm from fingertip), clean and neat.
    When applied, nail polish must be of a clear, pale or neutral colour.
    French/American manicure is permitted.
    Chipped or worn polish should be repaired or removed prior to work.
    Artificial nails should be well maintained and consistent in appearance.
    Nail decals, jewels, and airbrush designs are not permitted.

Jewellery - One ring only per hand except wedding rings (wedding band, engagement, eternity).
    No fashion rings.
    Ring on little finger, ring finger or middle finger only, not permitted in thumb or index.
    Earrings restricted to a maximum of one in each ear lobe, stud or sleeper, no larger than a 5p coin. Small hanging earrings are permitted provided that the drop is no longer than 1 cm below the lobe. No large hoops.
    One bracelet only.
    One discreet neck chain acceptable to compliment outfit.
    No broach.
    No nose studs or ankle chains.

Shoes - Only black shoes should be worn.
    Well polished, scuff-free.
    Clean and not worn down.
    NOT accepted are:
    Boots or sandals
    Steel tips
    High fashion shoes
    Heels above 5 cms

Underwear - Underwear should be well fitting and not be visible through uniform items.

Stockings, tights or knee-highs
    Stockings/tights/knee highs are mandatory & should always be free of runs & holes.
    Stockings/tights should be worn with skirts at all times. If wearing trousers, knee-highs or stockings/tights are mandatory.
    Stockings colours should be natural tan or flesh coloured.
    Textured, ornate, white, black, fishnet and high shimmer stockings/tights/knee high are not permitted.
    Housekeeping – black socks only should be worn.

Scarves - Scarves, where provided, must be tied as per the agreed standard, clean and crease free.

Alot of it I understand but I think it's gone way into the extremes??

heels should be re-heeled as frequent as necessary?

this list makes me laugh out loud...almost
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387

That would be the case for the company I work for too,they have no code except for common sense,which it would seem many people do not posses.

A few of my tattoo's can be discreetly seen,based on what I am wearing,never been asked to cover them or take my multiple earrings or nose stud out.

What does my head in at work is excessive use of perfume,I'm not a perfume girl,don't own any,never have,never will.I shower twice a day and use deodorant in the morning when dressing,good enough for me.
    But all the other women I work with quite literally douse themselves in perfume every time they use go to the toilet,the smell is terrible,we can hear people around the building choking,coughing and spluttering at the toxic like gasses emanating from the area. Disgusting and unnecessary!
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:

I work at a business centre but the company have a few hotel suites also.

The list is quite exhausting...so much to take in!!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    JaneNY wrote:

I work at a business centre but the company have a few hotel suites also.

The list is quite exhausting...so much to take in!!

Say goodbye to your mohican!
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Hmm, I don't find anything on that list outrageous or unreasonable. I think it's pretty standard for a lot of businesses. A neat, clean and professional appearance; after all, you're representing the company you work for, not your own individual style.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Hmm, I don't find anything on that list outrageous or unreasonable. I think it's pretty standard for a lot of businesses. A neat, clean and professional appearance; after all, you're representing the company you work for, not your own individual style.

I agree with you there but don't you think that there are certain points of these guidelines that are a little extreme?
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    If I saw those guidelines, I'd immediately start looking for a different job.

Not because I couldn't comply to all of them, but simply because any place that took that long to be that detailed wouldn't be the kind of place I'd want to work. They obviously have nothing better to do.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    who the hell re-heels their shoes? if chadwick doesnt know, surely no one does :lol:

and a mohican? seriously??

who the hell typed this?
    did they just fly in from the 1800's on a time machine?

Most the time, I hate my job. Then I read something like this and Im glad I work in a shithole where I can wear jeans and sport my tats.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    bobeck_mimi2.jpg
  • Options
    who the hell re-heels their shoes? if chadwick doesnt know, surely no one does :lol:

and a mohican? seriously??

who the hell typed this?
    did they just fly in from the 1800's on a time machine?

Most the time, I hate my job. Then I read something like this and Im glad I work in a shithole where I can wear jeans and sport my tats.
    i'd like to know what is takes to re-heel a pair of lady's shoes, as well as why and how do they get so abused by sitting at a desk typing? how does one know, "by golly i think i need my heels ironed out."

can one hear the clicking of the heels on a tiled surface and say to themselves, "ya know, that dumb broad needs her fucking heels greased!"

i am exhausted...throughly

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

a good pair of shoes will need to be re-heeled when the soles wear out.

if the employer requires shoes to be re-heeled, then they surely must pay enough for one to be able to afford shoes that are re-heel-able.

where are those Christian Louboutin pumps CBG posted? :think:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

a good pair of shoes will need to be re-heeled when the soles wear out.

if the employer requires shoes to be re-heeled, then they surely must pay enough for one to be able to afford shoes that are re-heel-able.

where are those Christian Louboutin pumps CBG posted? :think:
    cbg will hve to inform us on re-heeling a set of business professional lady's shoes and things. i got a professional set of bongs i'll need re-fitted one day soon. the boss aint too pleased im sure of it.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919

I agree with you there but don't you think that there are certain points of these guidelines that are a little extreme?

I don't see anything that's really extreme. Perhaps what makes it seem over the top is that there is just so much information all at once, which makes it appear heavy-handed. Most of the dress code is pretty basic. I think they've gone to such specifications re: length, style, etc. so that there are no questions.
    Let's be honest, not everyone is raised knowing what's acceptable and what is not acceptable in a work environment, in personal hygiene, etc. Common-sense is king, but there are a quite a few people out there who just don't possess it ;)

Having said the above I will add that it you worked in a tattoo parlour then this dress-code would be outrageous and over the top! ;):mrgreen:

In regards to re-heeling shoes. If they're of good quality and expensive it is sometimes cheaper to have them fixed as opposed to going out and buying new ones. If you've ever caught your heel in a sidewalk grate, you know what I'm talking about :x
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    i guess re-heeling a pair of lady's shoes is the equivalent of a man re-soling his boots. once i had a pair of redwing work boots resoled. it was well worth it but you could tell they were different and not as badass as once before. $230.00 boots. sure let's fix em up.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    Wow that is one long list!!! I work at a bank and we have a uniform and dress code but mostly it is left up to common sense. The only thing enforced is 'professional black shoes' and no visible tatoos. I also think when hiring they consider the presentation as well as skills. I don't think I could be bothered with all of those rules - although it's better than not having a job!
    all you need is love, love is all you need