Places to stay for the Boston shows

kDoGG3n4kDoGG3n4 Posts: 228
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Me and my brother are going to need a place to stay for the Boston show.... Where is everyone staying... any suggestions
The Answers are Fatal.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    kDoGG3n4 wrote:
    Me and my brother are going to need a place to stay for the Boston show.... Where is everyone staying... any suggestions

If you want to be close to the TD Banknorth Garde, try The Shawmut Inn (http://www.shawmutinn.com/) (a bit sketchy) or The Bulfinch Hotel (http://www.bulfinchhotel.com/) (more upscale).
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • marc34marc34 Posts: 221
    Stay just outside the city...Cheap cab ride, lower rates...Look Malden, Medford, Revere, Somerville
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • trebmaltrebmal Posts: 102
    bostonmarc wrote:
    Stay just outside the city...Cheap cab ride, lower rates...Look Malden, Medford, Revere, Somerville
    or a little further out like Woburn & Stoneham but thats a little more of a cab ride.
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    We're staying in Randolph and taking the T in for the show. Days Inn was $79 a night on Hotwire. We're travelling from PA, so it's on the way. Free parking. And they have a shuttle between the T station and the hotel for during the day. We'll park at the station the night of the show, though.
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • dont_go_on_medont_go_on_me Posts: 877
    We got the Radisson for $80/night through Priceline.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    kidapollo wrote:
    We're staying in Randolph and taking the T in for the show. Days Inn was $79 a night on Hotwire. We're travelling from PA, so it's on the way. Free parking. And they have a shuttle between the T station and the hotel for during the day. We'll park at the station the night of the show, though.

Hopefully the shuttle is for the Braintree Red Line Subway station and not the Holbrook/Randolph commuter rail.

If it is for the commuter rail, I don't mean to piss in your cheerios or anything but...the last train for the commuter rail leaves from South Station at 10:30pm which is on the other side of Boston from where the show is (The TD Banknorth Garden is on top of North Station. Just a head's up...
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
    jcfranz wrote:
    Hopefully the shuttle is for the Braintree Red Line Subway station and not the Holbrook/Randolph commuter rail.

If it is for the commuter rail, I don't mean to piss in your cheerios or anything but...the last train for the commuter rail leaves from South Station at 10:30pm which is on the other side of Boston from where the show is (The TD Banknorth Garden is on top of North Station. Just a head's up...

They actually take you to Quincy Red Line Station. The day of the show, I'm planning to drive to the Red Line station. The other days we'll be there, I think we'll take the shuttle. Thanks for the head's up, though, I appreciate it. Good looking out.

A question for you ... will the red line still be running after the show? What time have Boston shows ended in the past? I know they can have a tendency to run long. Thanks again.

peace

Member #0020

• trebmaltrebmal Posts: 102
    kidapollo wrote:
    They actually take you to Quincy Red Line Station. The day of the show, I'm planning to drive to the Red Line station. The other days we'll be there, I think we'll take the shuttle. Thanks for the head's up, though, I appreciate it. Good looking out.

A question for you ... will the red line still be running after the show? What time have Boston shows ended in the past? I know they can have a tendency to run long. Thanks again.

peace

http://www.mbta.com i think most subway trains stop running at like 12:30am or around then
    and uh ... boston shows have to end by 11/11:30 i think like most arena shows do.
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    kidapollo wrote:

peace

if your gonna drive to the red line you might wanna go to the North quincy station real closer to boston if you wanna chill and miss the train it would be a cheaper cab ride or you can find me and i'll drop you there it's on my way home :p
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
    jojo wrote:
    if your gonna drive to the red line you might wanna go to the North quincy station real closer to boston if you wanna chill and miss the train it would be a cheaper cab ride or you can find me and i'll drop you there it's on my way home :p

Thanks for suggestion and the offer (kidding or not). I appreciate it. We may also just drive in and park by the venue. I'm not going to worry too much about. I'll ride the wave ... to where it takes me. Unfortunately, my (more responsible, conservative, younger) brother is going to be riding the wave with me, and he tends to freak out a little bit. But, we'll be cool. I've been lost in many of America's great cities, it's the best way to see them. Well, unless you get mugged. And I've had that happen, too!

Member #0020