Record player recommendations?

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I've got a decent turntable in my living room but am thinking about getting a compact or portable record player for a small work space. Wondering if any of you have suggestions for a unit that won't destroy my vinyl and has good sound.

Thanks!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i enjoy the one in my avatar. $135.00 roughly. a crosley brief case portable record player. it was neat weeks ago when i hauled it over to my brother's house, were we sat at the picnic table under the trees and cut up vegetables and canned salsa.

it is far from powerful but She sounds good and clear. i am happy w/ Chompy. Chompy is getting covered in stickers, an ever slow growing process as i am particular.

i also have a old wood chest magnavoz radio, 8track, and record player. this frickin thing has some wonderful and odd sounding bass. never heard this quite exactly like this before. i am going to have it redone someday. it was in my buddy's barn covered in dust, hay and raccoon and bird crap. the thing jams.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce