Options

4-10-1994....boston!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited April 2008 in The Porch
1994-04-10 Boston Massachusetts Boston Garden

Set 1 Release, Go, Animal, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G(Sweet Emotion)/Daughter/(Hey Hey My My)/(W.M.A.), State Of Love And Trust, Garden, Blood, Black, Alive, Porch
Encore 1 Once, Rearviewmirror, Not For You
Encore 2 Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Leash, Yellow Ledbetter

"If he only knew then what he knows now...." This would be one of the first times in early PJ lore that one who went to this night and missed the next would have been bummed..(This would happen again in Nov of 2000) :)..While a very cool show and NICE setlist, what would follow the next night would make this feel like a rehearsal to those who missed it and read about it on the 12th....The first of many BIG shows in what many consider PJs second home.......seek it out, turn it up and enjoy!! :D
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    1994-04-10 Boston Massachusetts Boston Garden

Set 1 Release, Go, Animal, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G(Sweet Emotion)/Daughter/(Hey Hey My My)/(W.M.A.), State Of Love And Trust, Garden, Blood, Black, Alive, Porch
    Encore 1 Once, Rearviewmirror, Not For You
    Encore 2 Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Leash, Yellow Ledbetter

"If he only knew then what he knows now...." This would be one of the first times in early PJ lore that one who went to this night and missed the next would have been bummed..(This would happen again in Nov of 2000) :)..While a very cool show and NICE setlist, what would follow the next night would make this feel like a rehearsal to those who missed it and read about it on the 12th....The first of many BIG shows in what many consider PJs second home.......seek it out, turn it up and enjoy!! :D

Saw them at the Orpheum the next night.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Danimal wrote:

THAT would have been a GREAT SHOW!! That was the crew made setlist, right? Everytime I watch that video, I wish I had been there!! LUCKY YOU!! Was that your first show?

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    THAT would have been a GREAT SHOW!! That was the crew made setlist, right? Everytime I watch that video, I wish I had been there!! LUCKY YOU!! Was that your first show?

It was my first show. It was awesome. I wish I went to the Garden too.

Sick set list. Dirty Frank was crazy.

I bought the tickets outside the venue from 2 -15 year olds! Hahahaha. $150 a piece! Which was a lot of money to me at the time. I guess I got a bargain because scalpers were asking 400!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    cat72cat72 Oxford, MA Posts: 2,992
    My first show 4-10! wow can't believe it's been that long!
  • Options
    redsox04redsox04 Posts: 66
    that was my first show too. it was insane!!! i really miss the garden
  • Options
    4-11-94 was my 1st show. great week in PJ history.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options

You know...It REALLY was a HUGE time in Pearl Jams history. A GREAT week, and a SCARY one all at the same time. This very easily could have been the beggining of the end. It would have been easy for them to have imploded never to be heard from again. I am not sure the casual fan may realize how close they came to not being anymore after this week. I am surprised that they finished the tour at all if you want the truth. Ed was pretty fragile during this time and could have just said fuck it...Lucky for us..He didnt...;)

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Nice 3 night stand, saw all 3 shows.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    You know...It REALLY was a HUGE time in Pearl Jams history. A GREAT week, and a SCARY one all at the same time. This very easily could have been the beggining of the end. It would have been easy for them to have imploded never to be heard from again. I am not sure the casual fan may realize how close they came to not being anymore after this week. I am surprised that they finished the tour at all if you want the truth. Ed was pretty fragile during this time and could have just said fuck it...Lucky for us..He didnt...;)

how true!! we are very fortunate he continued his beautiful relationship with Mike,Jeff & Stone!!

or else i'd still be listening to Led Zep all the time(which isn't bad but i can't imagine life without the full PJ catalog.)
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Nice 3 night stand, saw all 3 shows.

Do you still have stubs or anything other than memories from them? Were there posters for these shows? Cant remember.....

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Danimal wrote:

actually, they were at the Orpheum on 4/12 ... I missed both Garden shows, but was at the Orpheum ... I listen to that boot quite often. I should pick up the previous two nights at some point.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    finchfinch Posts: 15
    Does anybody know if there is any video of 4/10/94??
    Everyone has 4/11 but has anyone ever seen 4/10??
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Do you still have stubs or anything other than memories from them? Were there posters for these shows? Cant remember.....
    I have all 3 stubs, including Jeff's autograph on the back of the Orpheum stub (he was at the back alley entry greeting folks pre-show just as my buddy and I were walking up Bromfield St. after a delectable Wendy's dinner), also have Mike's autograph on the back of my old business card after meeting him on 4/13 in Cambridge before he boarded the bus for NYC.

Don't believe there were posters...I still have my "freak" t-shirt which I bought at the Orpheum show, and its in reasonably good shape 14 years later.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I have all 3 stubs, including Jeff's autograph on the back of the Orpheum stub (he was at the back alley entry greeting folks pre-show just as my buddy and I were walking up Bromfield St. after a delectable Wendy's dinner), also have Mike's autograph on the back of my old business card after meeting him on 4/13 in Cambridge before he boarded the bus for NYC.

Don't believe there were posters...I still have my "freak" t-shirt which I bought at the Orpheum show, and its in reasonably good shape 14 years later.

VERY COOL!!! Would like to see those!

• Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849

VIDEO??? I was there. It was my first show. Is there really a video of this show? i would truly die to see it
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    Does anyone have a quality recording of the Boston 4/10/94 show??? It was my first PJ concert and although I have found several recorded versions, I have not found one of good/gtreat quality. If you have one I would be forever greatful...............Thnx
    8-7-92 Lollapalooza
    4-10-94 Boston
    8-30-00 Mansfield
    7-2-03 Mansfield
    7-3-03 Mansfield
    7-11-03 Mansfield
    5-24-06 Boston
    5-25-06 Boston
    6-27-08 Hartford
    6-28-08 Mansfield
    6-30-08 Mansfield
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065

My 1st show too!! Corduroy and Immortality had completely different words than what was on Vitalogy when it came out. We just lost Kurt Cobain and John Candy 6 days and 7 days earlier repectively. What a show, what a tour.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    UncleNeilUncleNeil Posts: 120

Care to enlighten some of us who might not know the history of this?
    Bridge Benefit 99, 01, 03, 04 (EV), 06
    Las Vegas 03, 06, MSG I & II - 2008
    Halloween Philadelphia, MSG II 2010
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    UncleNeil wrote:
    Care to enlighten some of us who might not know the history of this?

Kurt Cobain killed himself a few days prior to this show and it really affected Ed.
  • Options
    I have FLAC recordings of all 3 of these shows.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC