"Crossfit" excercise

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone here know anything about Crossfit excercise? Any and all input is appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Crossfit is intense stuff. I work out at a Crossfit gym around 4 times a week and am constantly sore, but in a good way! It's been great for my health. Since I've started, I've lost 25 pounds of fat and put on a considerably amount of muscle. Its great all around exercise.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Crossfit is intense stuff. I work out at a Crossfit gym around 4 times a week and am constantly sore, but in a good way! It's been great for my health. Since I've started, I've lost 25 pounds of fat and put on a considerably amount of muscle. Its great all around exercise.

What's with the whole "cult" mindset they have going?
  • It is something people who do not get crossfit call it. I was skeptical at first but man does it get you in good shape. The program is intense and it is a great team builder. You can compete against other members or yourself to improve. I have been doing it since July and love every second of it. You should hit up your local box and check it out.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i had to google it but i've done just about all of it since i've been in the military...

if you do it, you will be in great shape but be prepared to get beaten up and very very sore at first... once you get used to it, it will get easier and you'll actually start to enjoy it... good luck!
    Personally I've worked out my whole life and I think it's bullshit. Sorry. There is no reason to be locking joints during excercises and calling it "functional" movements. For the past week or so I have looked at it alot and I would like to see the people who are doing these workouts in ten years. Their shoulders, elbows, and knees will be shot. I look at it this way...would the New York Yankees let Derek Jeter or any other superstar they are paying 20 million a year do this...fuck no! There's not any sports team that would or is doing this. I'm glad you enjoy it, I really am, and in the short term it probably builds you up...but over the long haul it's going to hurt you...IMO.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    DS1119 wrote:
    Personally I've worked out my whole life and I think it's bullshit. Sorry. There is no reason to be locking joints during excercises and calling it "functional" movements. For the past week or so I have looked at it alot and I would like to see the people who are doing these workouts in ten years. Their shoulders, elbows, and knees will be shot. I look at it this way...would the New York Yankees let Derek Jeter or any other superstar they are paying 20 million a year do this...fuck no! There's not any sports team that would or is doing this. I'm glad you enjoy it, I really am, and in the short term it probably builds you up...but over the long haul it's going to hurt you...IMO.
    it will definatley hurt you in the long run, my knees are shot, my shoulders are in pain from time to time.... will i ever even think about doing this shit once i get out of the navy?? FUCK NO!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiO24RhqvNQ

I feel bad for the people in this video. They look good now...see you when you're 40. The excercises with the weights are just fucking stupid. Locking your arms??? That one girl locking her knees on the rowing machine...are you kidding me??? To make working out into a competion is ridiculous. You keep proper movements working your muscles and keeping proper form. Speed doesn't matter. "Extreme" sports has really fucked with people's mentality in this country.

I actually vistied my local "crossfit" gym and whenever I asked a question they were condescending that I just didn't get it yet and maybe I should stick with a "globo gym". I guess that means normal gym. Fuck that. I'm not going to be a cripple for the last 40 years of my life.