36 yrs ago today.

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Thanks for reminding us all...

I also have this song stuck in my head :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
  • Saw this on wikipedia. I've only seen a great lake once in my life when i was in chicago. I always forget how big those lakes really are.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    DS1119 wrote:

yes, it is a great song... :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Never heard that song before (I don't care for Gordon Lightfoot, or that song) but I've heard all kinds of stuff about the Edmund Fitzgerald. Over the years there's been quite a bit of stuff about it on the History Channel, probably enough to rival Titanic. Well, that is before the pawn shops, ice road truckers, monsters and aliens took over.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the beer is good too.

beer_bottled_gl_edmund_fitzgerald.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    that song gives me the chills every time I hear it
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Never heard that song before (I don't care for Gordon Lightfoot, or that song) but I've heard all kinds of stuff about the Edmund Fitzgerald. Over the years there's been quite a bit of stuff about it on the History Channel, probably enough to rival Titanic. Well, that is before the pawn shops, ice road truckers, monsters and aliens took over.

:o :shock:
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    My dad and his friends used to spin Gord's Gold all the time. One story I remember- could be true or not- was told to me by one of my dad's good friends. They went to see Gordon in NY and he came on and was visibly wasted drunk. After 3 songs he dropped the mic and said 'fuck it' and never came back on. Pretty funny if it's true.