Options

full moon

conmanconman Posts: 7,493
is tomorrow night..

anybody feel a little whacky during the full moon?

my mom used to call me a 'moony' because when i was younger i always got in trouble during the full moon cycle

my grandpa used to get drunk and howl at the moon when it was full :?

anyone have funny/weird/interesting stories about peoples behavior during the full moon?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I worked at a variety of retail stores in my younger days...and all the 'unique' customers would come in on nights when there was a full moon...

"Hi, can I help you find something?"
    "Yes, I would like to put the Highlander sword on layaway"
    "ok sure, let me fill out a form...First name?"
    "Duncan"
    "alrighty...last name?"
    "MacLeod"
    "Duncan MacLeod?" :?
    "Yes"
    "ok, we require a 50% deposit, how would you like to pay?"
    "with a credit card...here. Wanna see my ID?" (the customer is very excited and wide eyed now)
    "uhh...sure"

so he hands me his ID and credit card...yup, name matches...and he says (proudly) "I had my name legally changed!"

:|

LARPers were ALWAYS in asking questions about whatever we had in...3 different specific stores too.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,847
    LARPers? WTF is that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    LARPers? WTF is that?

LARPers in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw
    WTF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LARP

they come in all varieties...though the 'Historical Re-Enactment' guys *hate* being called LARPers...but that's what they really are...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,847
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    LARPers? WTF is that?

they come in all varieties...though the 'Historical Re-Enactment' guys *hate* being called LARPers...but that's what they really are...
    umm yeah.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    LARPers? WTF is that?

umm yeah.

Halloween was always....um....interesting. I always got stuck handing out candy to the kiddies, and we were 'encouraged' to dress up if we worked on Halloween...to make it more 'inviting' for families at the mall.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    conman wrote:

anyone have funny/weird/interesting stories about peoples behavior during the full moon?

just this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    conman wrote:

just this.

I wanna make a comment about the video...but Sea told us to "behave"

I'll just say..."that is one hairy mofo"

Hi Sea! :wave:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    conman wrote:

just this.

:o:lol:
  • Options
    My dogs always act crazy during the full moon...
    Also, customers are jerks.
    Blossom Music Center - Aug 26, 1998
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
    Fox Theatre - June 26, 2011 (EV solo)
    Air Canada Centre - September 12, 2011
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    When we got a rash of weird cases in the Emergency Department, we figured it was due to the cycle of the moon. But that didn't explain all the other weeks in which we had weird stuff going on.

"You put what, where now?"

"Okay, so you thought you could fly when you jumped off the balcony at the Garden."

"What made you decide to pull your right eyeball out of its socket?"
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    "What made you decide to pull your right eyeball out of its socket?"

and the answer was...?
  • Options
    She didn't answer. Just sat there, totally silent. Very frustrating for the psychiatrist who had to come and do an evaluation.

My diagnosis? "Crazy."

Wish I could remember if it was a full moon or not.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    crazy or highly curious? :think:

as for the full moon, it causes me pain...yea!! :roll:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    crazy or highly curious? :think:

as for the full moon, it causes me pain...yea!! :roll:

"Hey, I wonder if I can touch my eye. I guess I can. Can I hold my eye in my fingers? What do you know _ I can! Now how about if I give it a tug. A little more of a tug. Oh holy shit!"
  • Options
    All my clients sort of lose their minds :? :shock: Work should be fun tomorrow :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    should make for an interesting evening at the Foo Fighters show
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    should make for an interesting evening at the Foo Fighters show
    have fun man!
  • Options
    so anything weird happening tonight?
  • Options
    Pfffft. It's been pouring here so can't see the full moon.

Weird stuff that's happened: Absolutely nothing.

Which I think is very, very weird.
    :?
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    My kids are driving me crazy! They get a little unmanageable around the full moon, but when you combine the moon with Halloween candy...well let's just say I have wine rack well stocked to help me get through the weekend ;)
  • Options
    guitar59 wrote:
    My kids are driving me crazy! They get a little unmanageable around the full moon, but when you combine the moon with Halloween candy...well let's just say I have wine rack well stocked to help me get through the weekend ;)
    :lol: nice!
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    You know its all just a myth right???

http://www.livescience.com/13323-superm ... myths.html
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:

You wouldn't think so if you had four kids ;)
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Just made my love a bowl of bean soup, cleaned up and took a walk outside by the lake and took a good look up at the clear night skies. The moon out here in this horse country of South Florida is bright and beautiful and that bright looking star over to the top right corner I believe is Jupiter surounded by it's moons.

I tried imaginig myself on the moon looking down on this planet making at least half of it bright at night and how beautiful this blue marble could look. That's too kool to imagine. 8-)

EARTHSHINE...by RUSH

On certain nights
    When the angles are right
    And the moon is a slender crescent

Its circle shows
    In a ghostly glow
    Of earthly luminescence

Earthshine
    A beacon in the night
    I can raise my eyes to
    Earthshine
    Earthshine
    A jewel out of reach
    Form a dream to rise to
    Earthshine

Floating high
    In the evening sky
    I see my faint reflection

Pale facsimile
    Like what others see
    When they look in my direction

Earthshine
    Stretching out your hand
    Full of starlit diamonds
    Earthshine

Reflected light
    To another's sight
    And the moon tells a lover's story

My borrowed face
    And my third-hand grace
    Only reflect your glory

You're still out of reach
    Form a dream to rise to
    Earthshine

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    guitar59 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Ah, but I live in a house with four kids, and I have yet to notice them act any crazier around a full moon versus a new moon. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Ah, but I live in a house with four kids, and I have yet to notice them act any crazier around a full moon versus a new moon. :mrgreen:

Perhaps its just the candy... won't be able to test the theory in December, kids are crazy because of Christmas. I will see what they are like in January.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love all of the connotations of "full moon" :D

And I think this phrase from the article you linked - the moon's perigee - is just beautiful.

Lilting, soft.

Ironically unlike the moon itself.

But more than that, there is something, something...exhilarating and humbling...about when it appears to be overtaking the sky, overtaking me. Not something that happens often and so its rarity makes it that much more precious to me.

A sweet pull, that wondrous "holy SHIT".

I hope it's clear enough out here this weekend that we can revel in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt37Fj1U5iM
    (one of my favorite songs even if I weren't a "child of the moon" - but damn, this is one weird-ass video)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I want to see the big, beautiful moon.
    I hope it isn't raining this weekend.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    .....Kept me awake last night....could not keep the bedroom dark to fall asleep. :(

Still love a full moon though. :):)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)