Options

**Thunder Bay Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
edited September 2005 in Given To Fly (live)
Set list: Present Tense, Corduroy, Save You, Animal, Given to Fly, Cropduster, Even Flow
Small Town, Light Years, Lukin, State of Love and Trust, Down, Driven to Tears (by the Police), Jeremy, Breakerfall, Porch

1st encore: Nothingman, I am Mine, Black, Alive

2nd encore: Last Kiss, Rocking in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    finally a set list
  • Options
    Thanks for making an official announcement
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    It was hot in the place, like Hawaii hot. Everybody in there were ready to go. Just a great show. Ed going into the stands behind the stage was really cool. Eddie S. kid took over during RITFW. The poster was the best looking one that I have seen so far. They ran out of XXL shirts: red t, white t, green t. They did have the zip up hoodies. I have to write later.
    "The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings."
    - J.F.K

"If you're not scared, I'm not doing my job."
    - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    What did the poster look like?
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Lucky Canadian bastards! Another great show.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i love you sea.
  • Options
    Okum wrote:
    What did the poster look like?

it had a picture of a deer, but not like Montana '03. Thunder bay across the top, name of venue on the bottom. I have to go get it and look at it some more.
    "The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings."
    - J.F.K

- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Opening with "Present Tense" is unbelievable!!!! I would love to hear that as an opener! "Light Years" - great, "Cropduster" - great, "Down" - great, "State" always great!!!! Awesome set....the second encore isn't the greatest, but hey, I won't complain!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    these setlist(s) are 98 small i mean come on! this is a big fuck you to the nuks.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Wow, only 23 songs that include Cropduster, Last Kiss, and Driven to Tears? This has to be the worst so far.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It's not the size that matters. It's the Motion in the Ocean!
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Jason P wrote:
    It's not the size that matters. It's the Motion in the Ocean!

Agreed...that's why I mentioned the subpar setlist.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Sea wrote:
    Set list: Present Tense, Corduroy, Save You, Animal, Given to Fly, Cropduster, Even Flow
    Small Town, Light Years, Lukin, State of Love and Trust, Down, Driven to Tears (by the Police), Jeremy, Breakerfall, Porch

1st encore: Nothing Man, I am Mine, Black, Alive

Thank you :)

makes me feel a little less stupid for being up this late :o
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    GoBucky wrote:
    Agreed...that's why I mentioned the subpar setlist.

Agreed, also. But as we know, Nothing is As It Seems.

But, 23 songs is rather weak. But I'm sure that Thunder Bay is not complaining. It's better then Chicago, which got a whopping ZERO songs on this tour :-)
  • Options
    I didn't even realize that there were only 23 songs played. Security was a bitch. They searched you real good before getting into the show. There were a lot of people outside when the Supersuckers started. Talked to Kerensa for a second and told her I really like the pictures that she takes.

A couple of people behind me held up a sign that said "More Cowbell Matt" that got a laugh out of everyone.
    - J.F.K

- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Next show - Kitchener....SWEET!!!
  • Options
    Maybe not the longest but definately a good show! It was hot as hell in there...I was soaked through my shirt by the end of the show!
    Thunder Bay - 2005
    Toronto - 2003
    Cincinnati - 2000
  • Options
    no matter the length of the show....I still wish I was there!
    92/95/98/03

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
  • Options
    PEARL JAM RULED TONIGHT! greatest show ever
  • Options
    It would have been worth the 16 hour drive. I'm an idiot.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    It was great when Ed didn't sing SOLAT right away, something happened, but the crowd started in right on cue.
    - J.F.K

- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Sea wrote:

no complaints here. i know somebody that was there...havent't heard from her yet.

holy shit!
  • Options
    and because I have been sailing with the Captain (Morgan) tonight. I demand that my friends from the north bring back the Kids in the Hall!
    92/95/98/03

• Options
    Sea wrote:

ahem. pj fans.
    jesus.

that's something. if you know pearl jam.
    that's a setlist!
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    HFS!!! I've been dying for them to use PT as an opener for years!!!!
  • Options
    I didn't think most of us were complaining...just wondering about the length of the show. As stated before..."Nothing as it seems" and from what I heard from phone early in the show, it was no let down. PJ was on!
    92/95/98/03

• Options
    Assron wrote:
    I didn't think most of us were complaining...just wondering about the length of the show. As stated before..."Nothing as it seems" and from what I heard from phone early in the show, it was no let down. PJ was on!

sunshine

peace to all
  • Options
    What is up with Ed going into the stands and bringing fans on stage? Man... why doesn't this ever happen when I'm present?? ahhhhhhh.
    "If you guys wanna stick around we're willing to make this the longest Pearl Jam show that ever has been played" -EV, State College, PA, 5/3/03
    --
    5/3/03-State College
    7/12/03-Hershey
    10/1/04-Reading
    10/2/04-Toledo
    9/1/05- The Gorge
    7/22/06 & 7/23/06 THE GORGE!
    Tonight... WE ROCK THE GORGE!
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    wow they played light years!!! good stuff, this was one of the smaller venue too was it not (and the first sleater-kinney show?)

grrrrrrrrreat opener!
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Pearl Jam rocked THunder Bay. The crowd went nuts after Jeremy, Evenflow, Alive.

When Ed climed the stands and went into the crowd, should have seen everyone scatter. Just flocked towards him. It was great.

WHen they did "I believe in Miracles" with the Supersuckers, and that young guy was up on stage, Ed jumped on his back. So much energy.

Eddie Spagetti's kid, rocked out too. Took control of the mic, worked the crowd(that kids gonna be a rockstar someday).

Ed also paid respect, that Thunder Bay was sending out a ship, to go down to New Orleans and help out with Hurricane relief. WHich was cool that he even knew that.

Great show, shorter then most, but it was soo hot, that people probably couldnt take the heat much longer

thanks pearl jam
    I will make the world a better place...with my own, two hands.