Options

FOO FIGHTERS VINYL REISSUES AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER

SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
edited January 2012 in Lost Dogs
EDIT: What Records vinyl is the US press, so if you're in the US you're better off going to Amazon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case anyone is interested and missed this on the Foo Fighters thread, it appears the Foos are reissuing all their albums before Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace. I've seen pre-orders on Amazon and What Records UK

Amazon:
Foo Fighters: $12.99
Color & The Shape: $17.99
There is Nothing Left to Lose: $17.99
One by One: $17.99
In Your Honor: $17.99
Skin & Bones: $17.99
Greatest Hits: $15.99

"Limited Deluxe" LP on What Records:
Foo Fighters: £18.99
Color & The Shape: £24.99
There is Nothing Left to Lose: £24.99
One by One: £24.99
In Your Honor: £24.99
Skin & Bones: £24.99
Greatest Hits: £16.99

Official release date is November 21 :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Thanks for the info
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Holy shit! I completely missed this!!

I only have "The Colour and the Shape," and Side 3 is messed up. It sounds like the groove itself is scratched. I've never heard "Hey, Johnny Park!" clearly on vinyl.

Thanks for posting :D
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    I don't see the difference between the standard edition and the special one: these are exactly the same tracks.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    :lol:

Thanks for the heads up! All the prices have dropped since I placed my pre-order... I love Amazon's pre-order guarantee... good to know I'll get it for the cheaper price...

Just a heads up - when I check Soundstage direct, they are all $40/album, except the original self titled which was $24.... Amazon is definitely the better deal.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Hub. wrote:
    I don't see the difference between the standard edition and the special one: these are exactly the same tracks.

Yeah, I don't know the difference either other than being pressed in the UK but I'm sure Tim from What Records can tell you :D
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    wow, thanks for this! I know about the re-issues for some weeks already and pre-ordered 3 albums via the german Amazon. But 3 of them only because they are still at €35.99! I think they will go down as well but defo not as cheap as $12.99/17.99!!! I just checked how much I'd have to pay if I order the other 3 I still "need" via the US Amazon and it's only $11.46 for shipping to Germany! so, it is $55.43 (= €40) for 3 vinyls incl. shipping!! can't beat that at all in Germany!!!
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    uhm, and yes, order completed ;)
  • Options
    Awesome!! thanks for this!
    Order should be here on the 23rd, with the free super saver shipping of course :D
  • Options
    Damn those are some awesome prices.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    You only need the first two, all the rest were rubbish
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options

Not a chance. They are all fantastic.... In Your Honor is one of my all-time favorites...

Go see the band live and tell me that everything post color and shape is "rubbish".... pfffttt.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options

:shock: :shock:

Respectfully disagree!! I love the first four! I'm not a big fan of greatest hits albums and In Your Honor/Skin and Bones probably rank slightly below the first four for me personally but I wouldn't call them rubbish.
  • Options
    The beauty of music is the disagreements :mrgreen:
    I saw FF on their first tour in the UK and then a couple more time on The Colour and the shape tours. They were great back then. Every album since TCATS I have liked less and less.....

The s/t record is probably still their best record.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options

Nooo, we must all agree on everything 100% of the time! :mrgreen:

Please tell me you've at least checked out Wasting Light!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

yeah I've given them all spins, just not my thing anymore. Maybe I grew out of them rather than them stopping being good!

I met Dave Grohl in the Cro-bar in Soho, London once. He was with Nate Mendell and I had a little chat with Dave and told him how pysched I was to have met Nate Mendell as he was in Sunny Day Real Estate :lol::lol:
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Wasting Light is epic... love that album... my favorite release for 2011 is a toss up between that and The Whole Love by Wilco....
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    shep wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Wasting Light is epic... love that album... my favorite release for 2011 is a toss up between that and The Whole Love by Wilco....

I just ordered their self titled and Wasting Light. I didn't like too much besides a few singles off each album inbetween so I'll prob have to order their greatest hits too. Thanks for the heads up on the re-issues!
  • Options
    Thanks man!
    6.07.2010 Venice
    4.07.2012 Berlin
    5.07. 2012 Berlin
    7.07.2012 Stockholm

Some words when spoken can't be taken back
  • Options
    Anyone looking for Medium Rare, look here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=175102

$35 sealed, entire purchase goes to JMo's Mom's fund.
  • Options
    Finally got my order from What Records after it had crossed the ocean, got sent back and came back across again. My postman thinks that leaving a note for my undelivered packages is not part of his job description.

Guess what. IT'S THE FUCKING US PRESSS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Hah. Serves me right for falling for anything that says "Limited Deluxe" :lol::lol:

So, it's pretty much crossed the ocean 4x because this was marketed by Sony Music Entertainment, 550 Madison Avenue, frigging 10 blocks from me :lol::lol::lol:

Okay, that was fun. Lesson is, if anyone's still thinking of buying this and wondering about the difference, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!!! Looks like the reissues are all the US pressing so if you're in the US just get it from Amazon.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,601
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Suziemay wrote:

yeah I've given them all spins, just not my thing anymore. Maybe I grew out of them rather than them stopping being good!

I met Dave Grohl in the Cro-bar in Soho, London once. He was with Nate Mendell and I had a little chat with Dave and told him how pysched I was to have met Nate Mendell as he was in Sunny Day Real Estate :lol::lol:

Interesting you say that.... I was never a huge Foos fan myself. Seen them live and the whole shebang... It was an acoustic set though...
  • Options
    I saw them about a month after I saw PJ in September and the Foos played nearly as long and rocked just as hard. Not as good as the PJ show but still a damn good show nonetheless. During thir encore, they did a sweet segue from "Dear Rosemary" into Petty's "Breakdown" and nailed the whole tune.

I did pick up the "Nothing Left To Lose" reissue on vinyl. Wasting Light might really be worth having on vinyl as it was actually recorded via analog. I found that album to be like the majority of FF albums: a good, solid album, but not great.
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    shep wrote:

Not a chance. They are all fantastic.... In Your Honor is one of my all-time favorites...

Go see the band live and tell me that everything post color and shape is "rubbish".... pfffttt.

Don't they basically play their 20-25 biggest songs every night? I've also heard mixed reviews of their shows. Alot of people(I'm assuming big fans) say they were the best show they've ever seen, but the casual fans I've talked with have said they're pretty crummy sounding. I know in what I've listened to I could get through about 3x of Grohl's ridiculous shitty screaming. It's like..."Dude, you're in a pop rock band, not fuckin Slayer, so drop it".

I don't think they're albums are rubbish, but don't see how anybody could call them fantastic either.
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,501
    DewieCox wrote:
    shep wrote:

Don't they basically play their 20-25 biggest songs every night? I've also heard mixed reviews of their shows. Alot of people(I'm assuming big fans) say they were the best show they've ever seen, but the casual fans I've talked with have said they're pretty crummy sounding. I know in what I've listened to I could get through about 3x of Grohl's ridiculous shitty screaming. It's like..."Dude, you're in a pop rock band, not fuckin Slayer, so drop it".

I don't think they're albums are rubbish, but don't see how anybody could call them fantastic either.

I've yet to see them live but yeah in looking at the sets from this year and in the past, they do play a greatest hits setlist with a few tracks from their latest album thrown in. Sucks because I like their entire catalog and it would be great for them to play anything like PJ. They also seem to be into dragging out those hits with unnecessary 10 minute jams. Time which could be better spent playing additional deep album tracks. But despite this, I still want to see them live at least once. I don't think it'll be anywhere near as good as PJ though.
  • Options
    I've yet to see them live but yeah in looking at the sets from this year and in the past, they do play a greatest hits setlist with a few tracks from their latest album thrown in. Sucks because I like their entire catalog and it would be great for them to play anything like PJ. They also seem to be into dragging out those hits with unnecessary 10 minute jams. Time which could be better spent playing additional deep album tracks. But despite this, I still want to see them live at least once. I don't think it'll be anywhere near as good as PJ though.
    They are beyond fantastic live. The September IZOD show was one of the best concerts I've ever been to, definitely top 5. Dave has amazing energy and I do love a lot of their songs. Got the chills during Everlong. I probably wouldn't do multiple shows for them since their set list doesn't vary much from night to night but if you like them and have never seen them live, you gotta. Before Dave drops dead :lol::lol: Seriously, they played close to 3 hours at IZOD and that's not because of a lengthy intermission either. I don't know how he has all that energy.