Options

*** Santiago 11/22 Fanviews Here

Comments

• Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    f3d3z wrote:
    it was exactly two months ago, in St John...not so far away!

Asheville, one year ago, 21 songs. :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    I hope today they will play more songs of the last album!!
    CHIEF
    I`m not trying to make a difference..no way
  • Options
    zantszants Posts: 1,556
    Angus wrote:
    Asheville, one year ago, 21 songs. :)

In St John´s shows it was 30 songs the first night, and 24 the second!
    Maybe today you have a longer one.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    eduardo wrote:
    i expected more variety on the tonight show, and want to hear rvm, slot, animal, i got shit, insignificance, rockin on the free world, an some others like b sides songs

When Baba o riley began i was in my point of hapiness!

I love it when they play slot! State of Love and Trust, I presume?

I'm not making fun of you. I understand that English may not be your first language and I'm so EXCITED that you got to see Pearl Jam in concert!
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    FelipeFelipe Posts: 89
    You know? I don't really care if they play 20 or 22 songs, as long as they as professional as they were last night. They gave us a great show. I think that they chose their setlist thinking of a -maybe- not so fan crowd. They wanted to please us all. And they did a great job.
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    i cant even remember the last time pj played less then 25 songs....................
    EDMONTON...

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    jccjcc Posts: 8
    the show was solid, it seemed a bit short and no real rarieties, i was hoping for something I hadn´t heard yet but no complaints. at least i finally got to see Realase for an opener. as many have said it made sense for it to be greatest hits type setlist, being their first time in SA.
    as for energy there seemed like plenty, at least there was plenty energy crushing us people in the first couple rows. I swear the wait almost killed me, it felt like it was a million degrees, and it didnt´help that people were kind of unruly.
    anyway as always pj kicked ass, great show plenty of energy from the crowd.
    BTW i didnt´see any posters that kinda sucked.
  • Options
    the show was solid, it seemed a bit short and no real rarieties, i was hoping for something I hadn´t heard yet but no complaints. at least i finally got to see Realase for an opener. as many have said it made sense for it to be greatest hits type setlist, being their first time in SA.
    as for energy there seemed like plenty, at least there was plenty energy crushing us people in the first couple rows. I swear the wait almost killed me, it felt like it was a million degrees, and it didnt´help that people were kind of unruly.
    anyway as always pj kicked ass, great show plenty of energy from the crowd.
    BTW i didnt´see any posters that kinda sucked.
  • Options
    almost forgot Mudhoney as always excellent!
  • Options
    Someone asked about the 10c members entry, well it was enough time to get places up front, but since it was a general admission show, when everyone else entered the stadium we were left crushed against the grate. So many of the girls, and boys too, from the 10c, had to get out, and go to the back because they couldn't resist the pressure from the crowd, about 15 (I guess) out of 80 had to leave.

About the merchandise, well I did check it out, they had some really cool t-shirts, but I didn't see any posters.
    Cheers

That's really too bad!!! And what I'm afraid off. I don't know how many members we are in Brazil, we guess is like 200. I hope everything works all right here and that I can be strong enough to stand in the front.

Hope Eddie gets better and scream very loud in Blood tonight!!!! Blood and RVW was missing.

I saw some pictures of the show! It really seem a great show!

Thanks for comments!!!!
    So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Where did you find those pictures?
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Are most of these shows General Admission?
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Tom K wrote:
    Are most of these shows General Admission?

all of them, except mexico
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    sward wrote:
    I think there are definite curfew restrictions in those parts..and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. A friend of mine lived in Chile for awhile and indicated to me that the shows would likely 'have' to be shorter. Anyone know if this is accurate?

mmmm, i don't think so, sometimes they have problems with the venues if the shows go past midnight, but this wasn't the case, PJ started at 9:05 PM and ended at 11:15 Pm or so, so I don't think that was a problem.

Cheers
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    all of them, except mexico

What the hell is the big deal about GA in the States then?
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Tom K wrote:
    What the hell is the big deal about GA in the States then?

THE DONT LIKE GA. IF THEY CAN DO NO GA THEN THEY DO IT. THEY DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE HERE
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Please...let's have the Fanviews from people who have been to the shows on the Fanviews threads. You're welcome to begin a new thread on other topics. Thanka.

Love,
    Kat
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    where to download the bootleg?
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Where did you find those pictures?

In the web http://www.terra.cl there`re some pictures.
    CHIEF
  • Options
    Less Pearl Jam!

More Setlist Bitching!
  • Options
    the show last night............just incredible!!!

you MUST download it...thats all, im speechless, i almost cried when they began playing release, and the crowd was....awesome
    My PJ shows: 11/22/05, 11/23/05 Santiago, Chile 11/25/05, 11/26/05 Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Seems like you had a great show, good for you guys, this is just gonna keep getting better and better...
    And I should say I feel very satisfied with myself after seeing I was right guessing they would open the South American tour with Release.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    MelaMela Posts: 339
    It was a great show, it was awesome !!! well it was my first show!!!

Yeahp, it was a little too short...I was expecting maybe a longer setlist, but I think it was because Ed seems to have problems with his voice......... :(
    22/11/2005 - Chile
    23/11/2005 - Chile
  • Options
    Mela wrote:
    It was a great show, it was awesome !!! well it was my first show!!!

Yeahp, it was a little too short...I was expecting maybe a longer setlist, but I think it was because Ed seems to have problems with his voice......... :(

I don´t think eddie had problems with his voice...he sounds perfect in all songs (it was two hours singing!!).
    CHIEF
  • Options
    Well, i was on first row (with the fence on my chest) on the floor section, Stone side, right in front of him. Local security guards sucks!! They were throwing water to all the people and everyone was pushing forward, and if you said something to this guys, they just laugh and keep doing, PJ security (4 or 5 guys with black shirts and jeans) were perfect, in fact, they were triyng to calm down the local guards, telling them to treat people well.

Let´s got to the show:

Eddie: Great attitude, nice performing, but he said that he has some problems with his throat/voice. Chief Chile, he did said this after Corduroy or Last Exit. He was "surfing" trough the wet stage. I couldn´t hear his voice perfectly, because of the constant singing by me and the rest of the crowd.

Mike: He´s great, can´t remember the song but he made a solo with the guitar on the back of his head. Throwing picks to the crowd (especially Mela ;)), pointing with his finger to everyone who was watching him. Great!!

Stone: What a profesional guy, he doesn´t make so much "show" like Mike, but what a great guitarrist. I was in front of him, so sometimes when i watch him and point him, he laugh and rocks with his head, great guy, awesome.

Matt: Great show, no mistakes, he threw like 4 or 5 drumsticks.

Jeff: Nice jumps to finish songs with Ed, but maybe he wasn´t so energyc compared with other shows/dvd´s. He also threw some picks, but local guards keep them and no fan could get one of those :(

Boom: They didn´t play so many songs where Boom could appear strongly (Crazy Mary, LBC) but in Baba he was powerfull. Also did eye contact with me and rock with his head and the surfer sign with his hand.

Good show, but i must say that it was a little short, maybe today we´ll have b-sides songs, for diehard fans like me. Oh, and today i´ll take my camera, so i´ll post as soon as possible, some pictures.

And i have a setlist from the main set. I ask for it to a big white fat bold guy from PJ security, i touched his shoulder, he turns to me and i scream "do you have a setlist??!!", and he search his pocket and gave it to me, i love this guy, lol.

What a long post i´ve made, but hey!! it was my first PJ show!!

EDIT: Here´s a scan of the setlist and the wristband.
    http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setlistwristband3wb.jpg
    22/11/05 Santiago, Chile
    23/11/05 Santiago, Chile
    13/07/06 Santa Barbara, CA
    15-16-18/07/06 San Francisco, CA
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!!

Especially for the South American Opener...VERY WEEK!!!

I'm going to have to congratulate you for your consistency. I find your opinions to have little or no merit everytime you post, and you've not disappointed here. Whether the discussion is about MP3s, mounting posters, or concert reviews, you can be counted on to make yourself look foolish. Well done!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    jeffbr wrote:
    I'm going to have to congratulate you for your consistency. I find your opinions to have little or no merit everytime you post, and you've not disappointed here. Whether the discussion is about MP3s, mounting posters, or concert reviews, you can be counted on to make yourself look foolish. Well done!

Yeah man, that comment sucks. His opinion is just based on the setlist... what a newbie. The experience for us was just AMAZING, so much energy, the insane crowd, the guys having a great time, Mudhoney as the supporter act.. man wtf! The first show ROCKS and SO will the 2nd one!

Peace
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    I have never really understood people that think a show was great or not great simply by reading the setlist. It's all about the atmosphere...the energy...the connection betwen the band and the crowd.

I have never been to a bad Pearl Jam show, but some were better than others and it has nothing to do with the setlist really. Sure there are songs I want to hear but I'll take what I can get.

Didn;t catch this show but I can't wait to travel to Mexico City in December.

I hope everyone has an absolutely memorable time, each night.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Hope you enjoyed that my friends but let me tell you something the second show will be even greater, im from Mexico, and when PJ came here, the show got better every night honest, youll notice that

Enjoy the second show, and please god please let em get well to mexico and if possible i would really love to hear "Brother" or "Girl"

Yeah like God would really read this lol
  • Options
    Hi my first post, i've been reading this forum since 2002 but never actually posted or registered.

Lets see.

Place: Stadium, there was kind of a very thin blanket to cover the grass, so with water and sun the smell was awfull when everybody was excited with Release me.
    Audience: Just great, everybody cheering and singing one and all of the songs that Ed sang. Just amazing, there was a lot of good feelings from everybody, we we're all just so excited.
    Band: Spectacular, the back solo from Mcready was in GO,
    Eddie was energetic altough his voice problem.
    Mcready, an amazing guitarrist, just incredible very good show from his part.
    Stone, very calmed but as always an impressive guitar.
    Matt: I did watch him a lot sometimes, he was great, a great drummer did show too, but not that much.
    Jeff: Great bass, i think he was a bit tired, although sometimes very active :D.
    Boom: couldnt actually see him a lot, but as chileanmen said, in Baba he gave out his part of the show!

I hope they were impressed with us, the audience was so powerfull, sometimes you couldnt even hear eddies voice because everybody was singing.

For me it was a life expierence, i cried in evenflow and given to fly (awsome song!) the best song musically talkin, was for me ALIVE, omfg it was great.
    I had been waitin for this since i knew the band in 1997. Simply amazing.

Still get excited when i watch the knews and get to see Ed singing