Options

LA 4 Boot.....

MASMAS Posts: 628
edited November 2011 in The Porch
Just ordered it and that was a badass show!
Ben Harper shreds Mosquito!! was anybody from here at the gig? Perhaps a tid bit from that night??
I recomend that boot to anyone who is unsure of what to get with the free download upon membership renewal!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LA3 is a great show as well.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    the best from USA 09 tour
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I was at both shows. Night 4 was definitely the better show. La 4, SLC, La 3. That's how I'd rank the top 3 from 2009.
  • Options
    La 4, SLC, La 3. That's how I'd rank the top 3 from 2009.

I totally agree.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216

I was at both shows. Night 4 was definitely the better show. La 4, SLC, La 3. That's how I'd rank the top 3 from 2009.
    for sure we have the same top 3 from usa 2009 :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Just an incredible, incredible show. Both of those nights in LA were so great. Can't believe they were my first two shows!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    i was at la4. i dug it
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,898
    Ugh. I only went to LA1 & 2 which were still good shows. Got offered tix for night 3 only to have the girl I was dating at the time question why I needed to see PJ 3 times. She just didn't understand. ;) Couldn't make night 4 due to Dodger playoffs but that was my brother's first and only PJ show.

On another note, thanks for the recommendation on SLC. I've been debating waiting for this year's tour before using my bootleg code but just looked at that setlist and it looks like a great show. Think I'm sold.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    MAS wrote:
    Just ordered it and that was a badass show!
    Ben Harper shreds Mosquito!! was anybody from here at the gig? Perhaps a tid bit from that night??
    I recomend that boot to anyone who is unsure of what to get with the free download upon membership renewal!!!

I was there. Very good show! :thumbup:
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    On another note, thanks for the recommendation on SLC. I've been debating waiting for this year's tour before using my bootleg code but just looked at that setlist and it looks like a great show. Think I'm sold.

Great setlist and an unusually tight performance for this tour. I highly reccommend it!
  • Options
    although i expected (or hoped) night 3 to be the better show (hunger strike with Chris Cornell), i have to admit that i prefer night 4 at this point. that show just flows better for me one way or the other. .. but that's just based on the bootleg recordings, haven't been there in person. ..
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    gunter1976 wrote:
    although i expected (or hoped) night 3 to be the better show (hunger strike with Chris Cornell), i have to admit that i prefer night 4 at this point. that show just flows better for me one way or the other. .. but that's just based on the bootleg recordings, haven't been there in person. ..

I was at both, they were both amazing, but I think I'll give the edge to night 4 based on the setlist and the crowd's energy that night. Long Road, All those yesterdays, Alone, Crown of Thorns, Present Tense, Indifference, Love Reign O'er me. Great set! Again, night 3 is no slouch either...another great set with great performances!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    I was at both, they were both amazing, but I think I'll give the edge to night 4 based on the setlist and the crowd's energy that night. Long Road, All those yesterdays, Alone, Crown of Thorns, Present Tense, Indifference, Love Reign O'er me. Great set! Again, night 3 is no slouch either...another great set with great performances!

either way, you're a friggin' lucky b*st*rd to have been there !!! :):)
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

• Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,005
    Better Dan wrote:
    gunter1976 wrote:

+1 on everything. My only complaint with night 4 is Ben Harper singing indifference. The 'i will screen my lungs out" part just ruined the song for me.
  • Options
    I was at nights 3 and 4, easily the best I've ever seen the band. on night 4 we won the lottery and got front row in front of Mike...as someone who's always been in the very back, unreal doesn't begin to describe it. my picture is actually from that night... :D

you can see me for a split second in PJ20 from that night. pretty cool to be part of the band's history in a small way. :)
  • Options
    Hawk123 wrote:
    +1 on everything. My only complaint with night 4 is Ben Harper singing indifference. The 'i will screen my lungs out" part just ruined the song for me.

true that. and it's something that happens on several boots. when Ben overstrains his voice, it misses effect for me. ..

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Hawk123 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    gunter1976 wrote:

I was going to post this in my original message. 100 percent agree with Ben ruining the song.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I was at Night 4... was arriving in LA the night of Night 3 with the kids and was getting texts from the show... Wanted to kick myself for choosing SD over LA3 but it was ok as SD was also very special...

LA4 is my favorite show overall I have been to..
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I was at Night 4... was arriving in LA the night of Night 3 with the kids and was getting texts from the show... Wanted to kick myself for choosing SD over LA3 but it was ok as SD was also very special...

LA4 is my favorite show overall I have been to..

Wow, that's really awesome. I remember at the time thinking that the first night was better, it having been my first show was part of it, but now I do agree that LA 4 was a better show. Set list just flows so well and they were playing extremely well that night.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.