Options

*** Santiago 11/23 Fanviews Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,935
edited January 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please tell us about it here.....

Set list: Given To Fly, Whipping, Animal, Save You, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Insignificance, In My Tree, Immortality, State Of Love and Trust, Jeremy, Faithfull, Daughter, Green Disease, Corduroy, Better Man, Improv (the crowd sings "ole ole ole ole, Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam" and the band starts to play along), Porch

1st encore: Rearviewmirror, Black, Crazy Mary, Alive
2nd encore: I Believe in Miracles, Rockin in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    sounds like a good set, i'll be downloading this one i thinks.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    mmm...no one there?...what an intimate show!:D
  • Options
    They really ROCKED at the beginning ... nice opener ...
    Prague 1996
    Salzburg 2000
    Vienna 2006
    Munich 2007
  • Options
    Please guys wake up and tell us about it! I know you must be tired but I want to know how was it, and also see the pictures!
    So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    bgranatobgranato Sao Paulo Posts: 29
    they changed the set about 57% from the night before...
  • Options
    it was the best night ever, a kickass show, much better than the first one.
    the setlist was incredible, i couldnt ask for more, the crowd was even louder than yesterday and the guys were just impressive, they gave us the best from each one.......it was just my second pj show, but i think its going to be difficult to find another show where Eddie shows that amount of energy, of emotions

they played incredible versions of each song, especially porch and crazy mary. and they played a couple of songs that the crowd asked for.

they played believe in miracles after showing flag or something like that, that was thrown from the crowd that said: "now i believe in miracles", that was really emotional, the same as the improv with the crowd singing : "ole ole ole oleeeee pearl jam pearl jaaam"

i dont know, i am sad because it all has finished, but i couldnt be more thankful with the band, they gave us chileans the best nights of our lifes
    My PJ shows: 11/22/05, 11/23/05 Santiago, Chile 11/25/05, 11/26/05 Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    fuck man.. my legs hurt! lol. Yesterday I was a bit destroyed, today I'm fucking DEAD! PJ killed us all, what an amazing show we had yesterday night. Jeff was much more enthusiastic tonight (specially during RITFW, he went nuts). Eddie drank chilean wine and near the end he threw it to the audience!
    Man, Crazy Mary was excellent, Boom and Mikey gave us their best .. just listen to it.
    The improv was so nice!.. we always scream like that, tonight we did it loud and the band recognized it, so Eddie and Matt followed us with the guitar and drums!
    The setlist was longer... this show kicked so much ass!
    Eddie said they were coming back! but next time... it wouldn't take 15 years lol!
    They were happy it didn't rain! and so were we! He even sang that during Black I think... or Daughter? eheh I don't remember "No rain, no clouds..."
    Excellent, the crowd was totally INSANE!.. can't wait to listen to these boots.

Peace
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    Sargento PepperSargento Pepper Santiago, Chile Posts: 215
    I´m Speechless, What an amazing show!!, now in the morning I think, what to do now???, I already lived november 22 and 23, what´s happend next??, I don´t know

thanks PJ , go and download the show, it´s fkin rocks
    2005: Santiago, Chile 1 & 2
    2011: La Plata, Argentina / Santiago,Chile / Lima, Perú
    2013: Buenos Aires, Argentina / Santiago,Chile
    2015: Santiago, Chile / La Plata, Argentina
    2016: Philadelphia, USA 1 & 2 / New York City, USA 1 & 2
    2017: EV London, UK 1 & 2 / EV Firenze, Italy
    2018: Santiago, Chile 1 & 2 / Buenos Aires, Argentina / Rio, Brasil / Sao Paulo Brasil / Seattle, USA 1 &2 / Missoula, USA 
    2021: Dana Point, USA Ohana Encore Night 1 &2
    2022: Budapest, Hungary / Krakow, Poland / Paris, France / Vienna, Austria / Praga, Chequia / Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Canada
  • Options
    God! WHAT A SHOW! It was really awesome, WAY much better than the first one. They showed more interest to the crowd, Eddie hanging up just like in the Even Flow video... Amazing. They shared a LOT of feelings last night.

I had to leave the field though (I was around 4th row by Stone's side) because people were really wild, and I actually FEARED for my life... I didn't want to die smashed by chilean PJ fans! (and I amlost did, because I was about to fell 3 times, it was scary). Then I saw them a little bit far away, but SAFE. I really enjoyed last night... When they played SOLT my friend and I became totally insane, pepole stared at us with that look on their faces that said "what's their problem?!" Even though I was far away, I sang every song...

So I would blend the first's concert crowd (not last night's animals) and last night concert.

PJ was here. It was magic, I'm still speechless about last night. I wish they won't take another 15 years to come back... We showed them that we're worth the trip!

So... Thank You Pearl Jam for making us feel special for you. Thank you for considering us in your tour. Thank you for letting us to sing every song... I don't know. Just thank you.

And I hope Eddie got the puppet! :D
    ~ I guess it was the beatings made me wise ~
  • Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean the first night in Chile it was great but the second one was awesome, I mean they play for more like 2 hours an 20 min. In fact the people from the venue turn on the lights and they just kept on playing

The set list was Great, I was really looking forward to listen to RVM and SOLAT. A lot of energy from the audience, singing along to most of the songs. Eddie speaking not only spanish but "chilean", he once said someting like "Ustedes son un publico BAKAN" ("You're a great audience" ) and well BAKAn is kind of a tipical word used in Chile, but isn't really used in other countrys that speak spanish.

I don't know what el to say, I'm just sad it all ended for us, it great to see Pearl Jam 2 nights in a row, I envy my felow country men who are going to Argentina.

Cheers
  • Options
    That's what I call a fuckin' rock show!!

Eventhough the setlist was only one song longer, there was definitely a good vibe going around last night. IMO all songs were played in a better way and the crowd noticed and thanked that, due to the fact that the band was far more relaxed that the 1st night. From the look on their faces you could see that they were having a blast on stage, and enjoying the show, unlike the first show where they looked very tense and kind of scared.

Although the setlist wasn't much different (only 50% of new songs), it was a much better concert, and it lasted what a PJ concert usually lasts!
    *21.11.2005, Santiago de Chile Soundcheck (San Carlos de Apoquindo).
    *22.11.2005, Santiago de Chile (San Carlos de Apoquindo).
    *23.11.2005, Santiago de Chile (San Carlos de Apoquindo).
    "Don't Spoil The Jam!"
    10C 211XXX / 19.10.2000
  • Options
    MelaMela Posts: 339
    The second night was even greater. I was in the middle of the field this time, but the sound was incredible.

It seemed that the setlist was longer than the first night even though it was only 1 song longer :)

You could notice that Eddie felt more confortable, cause the audience was more calm than the first show. Maybe all the band were enjoying more and were not so nervous like the first day. Eddie spoke more to the public. He spoke spanish and english and he even said a chilean expression !!

The "improv" song from the setlist above was the public singing "ole ole ole ole Pearl Jam Pearl Jam" and Eddie started playing with his guitar, then Matt with the drums, and then Jeff, Mike and Stone !!! That was awesome!!!!
    22/11/2005 - Chile
    23/11/2005 - Chile
  • Options
    FelipeFelipe Posts: 89
    -Sent this to a mail list a few hours after the second show ended-

What a freaking great show.

The whole band was on fire tonite, but Stone gave us his best on
    Corduroy, Save You and Porch... I told you that on 22/11 i was right
    in front of him, but tonight it wasn't the same Stone. Wearing a hat,
    he did really enjoyed tonight's setlist. He ended up on his knees
    several times, listening to his amp.

Also, Green Disease was f*cking spectacular, with Jeff putting the
    band over his shoulders. What an impressive and fast version of it
    (maybe it ain't fast, but it seemed to me... anyway, the bass rocked
    hard).

I've just noticed that the setlist ain't available yet.. so I'll
    inform you some highlights: faithfull and solat were introduced as
    fans requests; the band intended to close the show with RITFW but
    Eddie pushed the others into YL. Porch was freaking spectacular, with
    everyone doing their best, and Ed climbing -a little- stage.
    Rearviewmirror, also played.. Oh and Boom played a great version of
    Crazy Mary. Miracles also played. Can't remember anything else - i
    mean, besides the typical hits. Ohh.... Immortality played, and the
    opener was Given to fly.

The band had an excellent interaction with the crowd, and everything
    went pretty smooth since the front rows weren't as dangerous as
    yesterday (tuesday).

Forgot to tell, that he drank a couple of wine bottles that we gave
    him as a present. Today, he tossed one to some guy in the front rows.

Surely, the bootleg will refresh my memory.

Love,
    Felipe
  • Options
    PachaPacha Posts: 1
    Hi everyone!
    It's my first post and my second PJ show. I can't find the words to explain how exciting last night was and how I am feeling right now. I'm a bit sad it's over....hope to see them again soon!

From my point of view, last night was amazing, much better that the first night. State of love & trust, rockin in the free world, porch (great beginning), crazy mary and rearviewmirror were awesome!!! I never thought they were going to play Crazy Mary. On Monday, I went to the hotel and I met Jeff. I asked him if they were playing state of love and trust and crazy mary...for the first one he said surprise! (a yes) and for the second he said: hmm is that a good song? ...I really though they were playing crazy mary for me!!! it made me shriver! uff.

Now I am atching all over, but it is great to think it's because of PEARL JAM!

Until next time!

Pacha
    Keep on rokin' forever!

Santiago Nov 22 & 23, 2005 * Cincinnati June 24, 2006 * LA July 9 & 10, 2006.
  • Options
    The second night was great!!

This two days was like beeing in a non stop show!!!

Thanks PJ for their time to come hear and gave us two beautifull nigts! and Ed really worked with is spanish..very well!!

thanks so much and I hope that what Ed said this two nights become true and come back soon and don´t wait 15 years.

really really happy

SMILE!!!
    CHIEF
    I`m not trying to make a difference..no way
  • Options
    I'm listening to the boots right now and still can't believe it's over. Although, it sounds pu**y I know, after listening to Release.. I shed tears.. suddenly I was crying like a little baby, you can't imagine how I (we) feel over here. A dream come true, can't wait to see them playing Santiago again.
  • Options
    Monyc'Monyc' Posts: 35
    great reviews!!! can't wait for Mexico's shows!! what about the pics?????
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    kerrang wrote:
    I'm listening to the boots right now and still can't believe it's over. Although, it sounds pu**y I know, after listening to Release.. I shed tears.. suddenly I was crying like a little baby, you can't imagine how I (we) feel over here.
    i can't imagine how u feel, but damn this release, the singing of the crowd, the enthousiasm, the waiting finally answered and this pretty song, my eyes welled up.. and im no pu**y either!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    i can't imagine how u feel, but damn this release, the singing of the crowd, the enthousiasm, the waiting finally answered and this pretty song, my eyes welled up.. and im no pu**y either!

Thanks for your comments and your appreciation for the enthusiastic and so passionate chilean crowd.

:)
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:

I guess is normal to get your eyes welled up when you finally get to see live the band that has so many song that are a big part of the soundtrack of your life.

Cheers
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    i just hope the crowds will be as welcoming when they hit our shores in 2006.

i just heard the "Santiago on vocals" after even flow (22/11), nows thats awesome!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    Hi,

I made a great decision switching my campeones ticket to cancha ticket, the second show was really amazing with select songs requested by closest Ten Club fans and the people at the front rows (i was 20 meters from stage)

For me, Stone and Eddie were the highlights of the night, more relax than the first show. Eddie spoke spanish very nice, saying "Una mas" ("One more song"), when they came from back stage for the encores.
    Ed throw his
    Stone throw a big number of thumbnails (i dont konw its the word for "uñetas") and play his guitar bak of his shoulders on Alive.
    Eddie told people that Stone wrotes Black and its a really good song
    At the end of the show, eddie sat down on the stage, in a happiness state and people very excited, clapping a lot.

Matt had a great performance on In My tree and RVM, he´s a very professional drummer.

Porch, Rocking on the free world, i believe in miracles, state of love and trust, rvm and faithfull were the best songs of the night for me.

Thanks pj for those incredibles shows.

PD. only i hope heard I GOT SHIT live, someday.
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    ooooooopsssssssss,
    theres an uncomplete sentence, i mean to say

ed throw his tambourines (he brokes one smashing it with the other playing rotfw) and his second or third wine bottle
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    Turco-MdQTurco-MdQ Posts: 1,583
    perdon per el off-topic!!!

amigos chilenos...mi nombre es esteban, en el thread de argentina un chileno llamado mauricio molina posteo por el cambio de entradas del 25 (Yo le daria esta a el) por una del 26 (al reves!!), le mande un pm y no me contesto, si alguno lo conoce por favor pidanle que se meta al pit a ver si cambiamos los tickets o no !!!

gracias gente...espero que hayan disfrutado los shows...
    un pleno paga 35 veces la apuesta realizada...
  • Options
    So... My friend is a reporter here in Argentina and he says Pearl Jam is making US$ 700.000 for each show in South America - way more than they make in The US. So why are they playing less songs?!?
  • Options
    ToughTough wrote:
    So... My friend is a reporter here in Argentina and he says Pearl Jam is making US$ 700.000 for each show in South America - way more than they make in The US. So why are they playing less songs?!?

Man, it's a fanview thread. Come on?
  • Options
    someone wrote that on a sign and brought it to the concert on wednesday... before they played Miracles, Ed came on stage (it was after an encore break) and held it out for the stadium to see... it was an awesome moment.

Also great was when during Given to Fly, he changed the lyrics to "He made it to Santiago, had a smoke in a tree..." we all just went crazy on that one. The improv and the "bacan" thing have already been mentioned. At the end of Black, Ed sung "I didn't need you... to make my dreams come true...", it was really emotional.

Overall, it was way better than the first one, IMHO. Highlights for me were SOLAT (my favorite song along with Footsteps), RITFW and Crazy Mary, which I believe to be one of the best versions they have played of it. Mike and Boom both played their solos at the end, sometimes one at a time, sometimes both at the same time, for about 4 minutes.

About it... I'm trying to be objective here but it's hard lol IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! :D
    "So, Russell, what is it that you love about music?"
    "To begin with... everything" --- Almost Famous

Santiago, Chile:
    11/22/2005
    11/23/2005
    11/16/2011
    04/06/2013
    11/04/2015

Upcoming... New York, MSG, 05/02/2016!
  • Options
    Hi everyone I`d just like to thanks PJ for everything
    I really didn`t think that in my life time i would be able to see something like the past two concerts. I have no words, just to thanks pearl jam for coming and let as see them, the best time of my life, Now I can´t even listen to them because i get sad for not having a 3rd chance to see them. I now it sounds too much, but I do believe in miracles now. Don`t now how to describe it, but after 15 years they thougth that there was another part of the world that wish to see them.
    THANKS!!!!!
    AND PLEASE COME BACK SOON.
  • Options
    Holy shit, i'm listening to Crazy Mary from this show and listen to the end of Crazy Mary when Eddie sings the line "that what you fear the most can lead you half way", he suddenly raises his voice and its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo powerful that he nearly messes up the line after it, as if it suprised him a little.

Frickin' amazing!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Man... that Crazy Mary kicked royal ass, Boom a Mr.Mike McCready did a wonderful end to it.. I still remember it. Boom gives it something very special... excellent version!