Butterflies...

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
how beautiful there are..can make your heart flutters..
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• why now you don't being romantic.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124

yeah, but then they get in your stomach and make you feel all 15 years old
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Rollings wrote:

That's the best feeling. EVER!!!
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Rollings wrote:

until he makes you cry
    Rollings wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Rollings wrote:

until he makes you cry

They all make you cry....its just a matter of if they are happy tears or sad tears.
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    They all make you cry....its just a matter of if they are happy tears or sad tears.
    i have no questions why you are a friend of mine...not even one.. 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    sheila0225 wrote:
    i have no questions why you are a friend of mine...not even one.. 8-)

Hugs to you love ;)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    I remember a few years back when my sister was living and getting her masters degree in Fla. I visited her for her graduation and we went to Butterfly World. It was kinda cool.

http://www.butterflyworld.com/start.html
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Rollings wrote:

Yes, that is the best part for sure!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Yellow Butterflies is my favorite right now...
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    pink-lemonade-rs-1618664-l.jpg

Whoops, wrong thread.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    I remember a few years back when my sister was living and getting her masters degree in Fla. I visited her for her graduation and we went to Butterfly World. It was kinda cool.

http://www.butterflyworld.com/start.html

Puh! Small world (or thread). Buttherfly World is a less-than-7-minute drive from my house.
  • Wonderful creatures :D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Butterflies are lovely - from a distance. :lol: I do quite like them, but I don't want to see them too up close. (Moths, which I guess are a bit like butterflies, on the other hand I can't stand at all.)

Some years ago we had a couple of 'incidents' where a butterfly flew in through the open window in the kitchen. That was kind of freaky. I felt like they were always coming after me. :? I'm always sort of afraid they'll get caught in my hair.

Anyway, butterflies are pretty. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Leeze wrote:
    Wonderful creatures :D
    :)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    eMMI wrote:
    Butterflies are lovely - from a distance. :lol: I do quite like them, but I don't want to see them too up close. (Moths, which I guess are a bit like butterflies, on the other hand I can't stand at all.)

Some years ago we had a couple of 'incidents' where a butterfly flew in through the open window in the kitchen. That was kind of freaky. I felt like they were always coming after me. :? I'm always sort of afraid they'll get caught in my hair.

Agree,beautiful but they freak the shit out of me if they get to close.Hell nor high water wouldn't get me into one of those butterfly/flying insect places.

Stomach ones are lovely

Until the bad/sad crying starts

Then I never want to have them again ...

... Until next time :roll:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • smart women is the best thing happen to this planet..PERIOD..
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    smart women is the best thing happen to this planet..PERIOD..

:clap:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • went to a butterfly place a week ago with my wife in westford ma. was creepy, i kept looking out for buffalo bill the whole time.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
    smart women is the best thing happen to this planet..PERIOD..
    And smart men are wonderful. :D

Smart women? That's a tautology (ταυτολογία), Dimi. ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWIz94Wt2NEnh8439iYC-pIcdcTfLLrtX6vFW8Dcv5GLloGo3L0Fz4o8mA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWIz94Wt2NEnh8439iYC-pIcdcTfLLrtX6vFW8Dcv5GLloGo3L0Fz4o8mA
    i know what tautology means..its a Greek word.. ;)

i know what tautology means..its a Greek word.. ;)

And I was just showing off... ;)
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    The guy who had this house before me planted a crazy flower garden in the backyard. There must be altleast 20 species of flowering plants back there. He planted them specifically to attract butterflies.

The first fews days here, when I went into the backyard, I ran back in the house...but it wasn't due to the butterflies, it was the bees. Bees freak me out.

Then I realized, the bees nor the butterfiles gave a shit about me. They cared more about the flowers.

Actually, not once did a butterfly bother me. I'm not scared of them, though.

Saw alot of yellow ones over August and September, as the dude who used to live here planted a million Black Eyed Susans (big yellow flower, so it attracted the yellow butterflies).
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    stargirl69 wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

Agree,beautiful but they freak the shit out of me if they get to close.Hell nor high water wouldn't get me into one of those butterfly/flying insect places.

Me neither! Even the idea freaks me out. :shock:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Rani wrote:
    The guy who had this house before me planted a crazy flower garden in the backyard. There must be altleast 20 species of flowering plants back there. He planted them specifically to attract butterflies.

The first fews days here, when I went into the backyard, I ran back in the house...but it wasn't due to the butterflies, it was the bees. Bees freak me out.

Then I realized, the bees nor the butterfiles gave a shit about me. They cared more about the flowers.

Saw alot of yellow ones over August and September, as the dude who used to live here planted a million Black Eyed Susans (big yellow flower, so it attracted the yellow butterflies).

That sounds like an awesome garden idea!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Rani wrote:

My yard has a lot of plants that attract butterflies too. The woman who lived here when the house was first landscaped must have done that on purpose. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    habitat-owl-butterfly_-800x800.jpg

hoo hoo
  • just dreamed some purples...
  • this gives me butterflies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlbNq4hR ... playnext=4

at least musics giving me butterflies a hell of a lot more than any guy lately. haha, definitely cool with it.
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner