SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
edited November 2011 in Other Music
ROCKS album is 35 years old, if you have not heard this l.p. I think you should

Now off to what r u listening now thread :lol:
Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nobody's Fault - Best Aerosmith song ever.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Classic album but I still prefer Toys in the Attic and Get Your Wings over it.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    Classic album but I still prefer Toys in the Attic and Get Your Wings over it.
    Toys is a classic
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I've never understood why "Draw The Line" and "Night In The Ruts" are not considered classics like the others.
  • Options
    I've never understood why "Draw The Line" and "Night In The Ruts" are not considered classics like the others.

Becayse they're not? :lol: All joking aside, I wouldn't put them in the same league. Both of them are great albums with some classics (Draw the Line in particular with the title track and Kings and Queens) but they just aren't the complete package. Personally, I wonder why the 1st album (S/T) isn't held in higher regard. It's not like it gets badmouthed but it's never mentioned in the same breath as the others. Strange cause it has a few bona fide classics (Mama Kin, Dream On, I'd even say One Way Street as well) and not a bad track in sight.
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    i love the first 7 records they put out...toys in the attic was the first tape i ever owned...needless to say i was hooked...rocks:astonishing....my personal fave: draw the line...i've got the first 5 on vinyl!!! great shit..thank god for 70s aerosmith, kiss, zeppelin & the who...throw in some clash, shake it up :pearl jam
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

I love "Draw The Line", but "Night In The Ruts" has never really done much for me. But my own opinion, I'm sure, has no effect on its status of being or not being a classic. Maybe it's because Joe Perry quit the band halfway through and only plays on 5 of the 9 songs. Maybe there are too many covers, 3 of the 9 songs including the only single are covers, that's 1/3 of the album.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options

I love "Draw The Line", but "Night In The Ruts" has never really done much for me. But my own opinion, I'm sure, has no effect on its status of being or not being a classic. Maybe it's because Joe Perry quit the band halfway through and only plays on 5 of the 9 songs. Maybe there are too many covers, 3 of the 9 songs including the only single are covers, that's 1/3 of the album.

I think the riffs are really strong and on par with their earlier stuff. The covers/lack of Joe does drag it down a bit, but I think it's a cracking album considering.