Options

*** Sao Paulo 12/3 Fanviews Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,915
edited January 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please share your fanviews here. :)

Set list: Breakerfall, Corduroy, Save You, Animal, Given To Fly, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Lukin, Sad, Present Tense, Daughter, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney), Jeremy, Bleed for Me (by the Dead Kennedys), State of Love and Trust, Small Town, I Believe in Miracles (by the Ramones), Do The Evolution
1st encore: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (by The Beatles), Better Man, Black, Kick Out The Jams (by MC5)
2nd encore: Whipping, Crazy Mary (by Victoria Williams), Alive, Rockin' in the Free World (by Neil Young)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Present Tense!!!
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    just from watching corduroy, save you, and animal online, i think it was great!! they all looked awesome! so much energy and the crowd looked like they were really into it!!! wish i was there to see it all!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    lefanlefan Posts: 9
    C'mon peeps.
    40,000+ at the concert.....let's hear some feedback!
    A F'n proud, drunk (90% of the time) French Canadian.
  • Options
    I've seen better.. setlists that is
  • Options
    DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
    Present Tense!!!

are you down here, groove?
  • Options
    lefanlefan Posts: 9
    The selist from last night was better I think.
    A F'n proud, drunk (90% of the time) French Canadian.
  • Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    what are yall talking about? this is the best setlist from SA i have seen so far! i have been waiting to order one of these SA downloads and this one is it. last night looked great as well, but this one.... im all over it.
  • Options
    Man..

OMG, UNBELIEVABLE. You could touch the energy in the air, you know? Someone already said this but there no better words to describe ok? I wasnt as smashed as yesterday but yes, I was smashed. BUT I DIDNT GIVE A FUCK! Its was everything so magical and amazing, i really couldnt believe.. cant remember the set, but they played all the songs i wanted to hear, that i havent heard at any concert before (that was my last concert in brasil, im not attending to rio's). can remember of (not this order)sad, present tense (WOW), hide your love away (ed solo WOW), kick out the jams (steve turner and mark arm), black, daughter (THE BEST DAUGHTER VERSION IVE EVER HEARD, PLEASE BUY AND LISTEN TO THIS ON THE BOOT), crazy mary (i drank eddies wine), small town (probably the loudest "HELLO" ever), even flow, alive, BREAKERFALL (i really wanted to listen to this one), SOLAT (to this one too), jeremy, RIFTW, whipping.
    i was on the front row. mike and eddie didnt stop talking to us and looking at us, they were so amazed, and mike was really happy, ponting at us everytime. he threw me a lot of picks but just one could get to me, and he went down the stage at the end of the concert and played nears us, he ran all over the "general admission" place (we call it "pista"). eddie went down again today but i really couldnt see him.

well, of course the best show in brazil, ed said this all the time. he said they would come back next year. probably one of the best shows of the band ever, i repeat, THE ENERGY WAS REALLY INCREDIBLY AMAZING.

and, at the end, when thy played riftw, eddie pointed at me and told jake to give the tambourine to the "girl in the white t-shirt" (just like he said). then i looked around, and MAN, i was the only fucking girl in the fucking white tshirt, HAHAHA! well, he gave me the tambourine. and it was so gorgeous, im so happy, and it would have been AMAZING even if i couldnt get this tambourine or the picks or couldnt drink the wine. and i really mean it, it was SO GREAT. cuz i could interact with the band. mike was pointing at us and dancing and laughing, eddie either.

oh, and eddie almost totally voiceless.. i could note it well in certain parts, even when i was very near to the amps.
    what else? my new ten club tshirt is all rotten cuz the motherfuckers smashed me against that metal structure that holded us (called here "grade").

thats it. hope i could pass you a 10% of what happened there today.. even with my poooooor english.
    take care!

(posted it on bugs too)
  • Options
    thatgirl just from watching corduroy, save you, and animal online, i think it was great!! they all looked awesome! so much energy and the crowd looked like they were really into it!!! wish i was there to see it all!

what do you mean watching online? where?

thanks.
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    present tense....i guess i would have change all of the second BA night just to hear this live...damn shit....

p.d: i know, i know....let me a little right to complain
  • Options
    f3d3z wrote:
    present tense....i guess i would have change all of the second BA night just to hear this live...damn shit....

p.d: i know, i know....let me a little right to complain

fucking pussy, complaining biatch
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    fucking pussy, complaining biatch

call me 24 hours..palermo zone !

:p
  • Options
    When the hell did they start covering Kick Out The Jams???
    Is that the same song RATM used to cover?
    Wow.
    Take a look at my angel.

www.babysites.com/sites/leftcoastnative/

Are we bound out of obligation, Is that all we've got?
  • Options
    yielderyielder Posts: 160
    When the hell did they start covering Kick Out The Jams???
    Is that the same song RATM used to cover?
    Wow.

check out the jeff buckley versions .. he did the song in 95 -96 -97
    really great !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    i was there, front row, Mike's side... it was AMAZING!!! It was a lot more painfull than sao paulo # 1 (when i was not in the front row), but it was all worth it, i got to see everything sooo close. I got Mike's pick! Not just some random pick he threw to the crowd, he pointed at me and threw the pick, and I got it!! Mike is amazing, i liked him a lot before, but after watching these two concerts at his side, i'm just in love with him! The way he interacts with the audience is amazing... During Alive, i believe (not sure, can't remember), he got off the stage and ran through that space between the crowd and the stage all the way in the left, where i was, passing through me twice just 1, 2 meters away!

Highlights of the concert to me: Present Tense, omfg!!! I went nuts when they started playing that one!! Sad too, i couldn't believe they were playing that song... SOLAT!! I love that song!!! Also Not for You!!!

Ed said that we were a better crowd than the day before (i was there too). The sing along in Jeremy, Alive, Black and Betterman was incredible. Ed asked us to help him to sing Jeremy just like the night before. This night he promised to be back next year!! At the end of the concert, the band simply applaused "the crowd's performance" during the concert.
    Ed also said that he and Matt didn't sleep the that before because of the concert of the night before...

I'm looking at boot pictures right now... Damn you Kerensa!!! There are only pictures from the crowd at Stone's side, lots of familiar faces there...
    I'm amazed by the size of the crowd when i looked at those pictures... when you are in front row, you don't get to see that... incredible!!

it was like a dream, it was so surreal seeing the band so close that i still can't believe...
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Estou baixando o segundo show em Sao Paulo. Não fui (só fui ao primeiro), mas acabei de ouvir isto:

"Finalmente estamos no Brasil. E tem tantos de vocês! Obrigado por esperar. Agora nos perguntamos por que não viemos antes. Que PORRA estávamos pensando???"

AHHAHAHHHA!! E aí emenda com a liiiinda Given to fly: "he made it to Sao Paulo...". ÓTIMO ÓTIMO ÓTIMO!!!

---

I'm downloading Sao Paulo #2 now. I wasn't there (just in the first show). But just heard this (he said it all in Portuguese!):

"We are finally here. And there are so many of you! Thank you for waiting. Now we are asking ourselves why we didn't come before. What the FUCK were we thinking???"

HAHAHAHHA! E then they start playing Given to fly: "he made it to Sao Paulo...". GREAT! :)
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    Lukin, Sad and Present Tense back to back is pretty f-in sweet...

How does the crowd sound on the bootleg??
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    bgranatobgranato Sao Paulo Posts: 29
    My fourth PJ live experience, PRESENT TENSE, what a week!!!
    Breakerfall as opening = great!
    RITFW as ending = great! (but no YL this time... ok)
    beautiful versions of Daughter and Small Town
    Bleed For Me, Sad, Hide Your Love Away, Whipping, State of Love and Trust, I Am Mine, Kick Out The Jams w/ Steve Turner and Mark Arm...
    so you know, another great Pearl Jam`s concert... I`ll never forget this days... thanks Pearl Jam, thanks the fans, enjoy for me at Rio tonight celebrating the end of South American Tour... ROCK ON!!!
  • Options
    benJAMin wrote:
    Lukin, Sad and Present Tense back to back is pretty f-in sweet...

How does the crowd sound on the bootleg??

I just bought it. The crowd sounds great! Better than in the first show. I feel so jealous, because I was only in the first one. But Ed says it after Black: "much better than last night". Daughter is awesome.

Ed's last words: "See you next year!".

A GENTE VAI COBRAR!!! :)
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    carbon436 wrote:
    I've seen better.. setlists that is

One in every thread.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    scpjfan wrote:
    One in every thread.

i agree...carbon if you werent at the show...keep it to yourself, who cares if youve "seen" better setlists. were you at the show? i wasnt and im still pretty psyched that almost all of those 40,000 people saw this set for their first pj show so screw off...douchebag
  • Options
    PastaNazi wrote:
    are you down here, groove?

no....I sure do wish!! I was just happy to see PT on a setlist. Hope you're loving it!!!!
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    You guys are getting great openers for the SA shows!!!!!! "Go", "Breakerfall", "Given To Fly", "Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy"...that's awesome!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    ChloeDancerChloeDancer São Paulo - SP (Brazil) Posts: 58
    As I wrote in my other fanview (Dec 02 São Paulo concert), I still can´t believe how great and increadible these 2 concerts were for me :) A dream come true for sure...I never thought that seeing them live it would be so amazing, because I always imagined before the concerts how it would be...fantastic!!
    The best part to see 2 concerts in a row it´s because they played a lot of songs they didn´t play at Dec 02, like: Breakerfall (great opener!), I Am Mine, Lukin, Sad, Present Tense, Daughter, Not For You, SOLAT, You´ve Got To Hide.., Kick out the Jams (with Mike Arm), Whipping, Crazy Mary and RITFW.
    My highlights it was listening Given To Fly live for the second time and having the same emotion as Friday night: I never thought this song could be so amazing live, better than studio version...I always like GTF, but now I love more this song!!!
    When I heard the first riffs of Present Tense, I almost have a heart attack, because I wasn´t expecting they would play this song on this tour...I always loved Present Tense live since I heard New York 2003 bootleg, but listen LIVE at my hometown...it´s priceless...
    Lukin the crowd went nuts...and so SOLAT...I started to jump and scream with all my strenght...I sang along all the songs, except for Bleed for Me and Kick Out The Jam, because I didn´t know this songs before...
    In RITFW, the crowd went crazy also...It was a great closer song, though I would like so much to listen Yellow Ledbetter again (like the night before, it was beautiful...Mike´s solo...oh my...)
    I just felt sad about a lot of persons around me that wasn´t too much involved, and just asking and screaming for PJ main hits...like Black or Jeremy...I remember when they started to play "Sad", there was a guy beside me who asked which song was that? It was just me singing, nobody around me was moving during Sad, or even during "Whipping"...it was sad...But I was having the time of my life and enjoying a lot every song...
    I remember when I started to read some fanviews at Sinergy board, I always thought: "maybe someday I will write one of them???"
    And here I am now...
    My dream has just came true...

Thanks for much Pearl Jam for remember all of us here in South America...it was more than deserved and it was unforgettable these 2 nights...I will never forget that...

Hope to see them playing again in 2 or 3 years, like Eddie said to us :)
  • Options
    I Just want to say THANKS for Pearl Jam .

The band do my heart beat very fast. I can't believe in what I listen...

"You I've got to hide yor love away","SOLAT", "Whipping","Black"(wonderful),"Alive", "Crazy Mary", make my soul go out of my body!!!!!

I wait the next show.

EM 03/12/2005 ACONTECEU O INÍCIO DE UM CASO DE AMOR ENTRE O PEARL JAM E SÃO PAULO!!!

QUEM FOI SABE QUE SERÁ UM SHOW INESQUECÍVEL!!!

EU TIVE A TRILHA SONORA DA MINHA VIDA EXECUTADA AO VIVO!!!!!
    PEARL JAM É UMA PÉROLA!!!!
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    you guys are very lucky...as for me, i still have to see them live...it's on top of my must-to-do list...but i guess the possibility of seeing them live is pretty far-fetched...when are they coming back here in the philippines?
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528
    anap2312 wrote:
    Man..

OMG, UNBELIEVABLE. You could touch the energy in the air, you know? Someone already said this but there no better words to describe ok? I wasnt as smashed as yesterday but yes, I was smashed. BUT I DIDNT GIVE A FUCK! Its was everything so magical and amazing, i really couldnt believe.. cant remember the set, but they played all the songs i wanted to hear, that i havent heard at any concert before (that was my last concert in brasil, im not attending to rio's). can remember of (not this order)sad, present tense (WOW), hide your love away (ed solo WOW), kick out the jams (steve turner and mark arm), black, daughter (THE BEST DAUGHTER VERSION IVE EVER HEARD, PLEASE BUY AND LISTEN TO THIS ON THE BOOT), crazy mary (i drank eddies wine), small town (probably the loudest "HELLO" ever), even flow, alive, BREAKERFALL (i really wanted to listen to this one), SOLAT (to this one too), jeremy, RIFTW, whipping.
    i was on the front row. mike and eddie didnt stop talking to us and looking at us, they were so amazed, and mike was really happy, ponting at us everytime. he threw me a lot of picks but just one could get to me, and he went down the stage at the end of the concert and played nears us, he ran all over the "general admission" place (we call it "pista"). eddie went down again today but i really couldnt see him.

well, of course the best show in brazil, ed said this all the time. he said they would come back next year. probably one of the best shows of the band ever, i repeat, THE ENERGY WAS REALLY INCREDIBLY AMAZING.

and, at the end, when thy played riftw, eddie pointed at me and told jake to give the tambourine to the "girl in the white t-shirt" (just like he said). then i looked around, and MAN, i was the only fucking girl in the fucking white tshirt, HAHAHA! well, he gave me the tambourine. and it was so gorgeous, im so happy, and it would have been AMAZING even if i couldnt get this tambourine or the picks or couldnt drink the wine. and i really mean it, it was SO GREAT. cuz i could interact with the band. mike was pointing at us and dancing and laughing, eddie either.

oh, and eddie almost totally voiceless.. i could note it well in certain parts, even when i was very near to the amps.
    what else? my new ten club tshirt is all rotten cuz the motherfuckers smashed me against that metal structure that holded us (called here "grade").

thats it. hope i could pass you a 10% of what happened there today.. even with my poooooor english.
    take care!

(posted it on bugs too)

So I take it you had a good time?
  • Options
    Sao Paulo, 3 December

The best show everrrrrr

i was really happy when they play "Crazy Mary" and ""Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town"
    and the others, but this two songs, was just like a present for me!
    i really in love for the all band!!
    coz this show really change me 4ever.
    The best best best!!!

I'm in love forever! ;) for all my hole life!

Was perfect!

thanks so much!!! and come back soon to Brasil!!
  • Options
    anap2312 wrote:
    Man..

take care!

(posted it on bugs too)

I just have a few things to add to anap2312´s fanview.
    I met her there, in fact, I was right behind her! I can tell the concert energy was way over anything I ever felt before. I´ve watched the guys on DVD and live in NY (Albany April 29th, 2003) but this was better!! Just like we knew it would happen: the brazilian crowd is so freakish happy and don´t stop for a second. Eddie looked so happy. Mike is such a sweetheart. I didn´t know that side of him. He kept pointing at us and winking, such a big flirter! haha JUST GREAT!
    Ed tried to reach to us in Portuguese and did very well. He was able to conjugate a very hard verb - To Go that was. He said he didn´t know why they didn´t come before. That him and Matt didnt sleep the night before because they were so overwhelmed with the concert and so he would need our help to make it thru the songs. He´s voice was scratching, we could tell, but he did great!
    I got one of Mike´s picks!! I´m all smiles since saturday night!
    "He made it to São Paulo had a smoke in a tree". Stone messed up the notes for one of the songs, can´t remember now which one. They stopped playing and started laughing. Ed offered him a bottle of wine. He drank and Ed passed it down to the crowd.
    We were upset cause the assholes in the stadium turned the lights on before they finished their presentation. What a lack of respect!! But they didn´t stop playing until they thought it was time to finish.
    Oh, it was also really cool to see Jill holding Olivia onstage!
    We were very lucky to see them and to hear Eddie promising to come back for sure, and who knows, maybe next year!
    Peace out!!
  • Options
    Agradeço a Deus todos os dias por ter dito a oportunidade de ver nos dois dias aqui em São Paulo o melhor show de rock do mundo...

Estou chorando....

Obrigado Deus...

Thanks God...

The best setlist in the history of the band...