Guy threatened to shoot me today.

JohnnyguitarwatsonJohnnyguitarwatson Posts: 296
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
2nd death threat in 6 months... what is it about low life criminals... Why hate on the working man ? I'm simply sitting in my work van. anyone else have any close calls ? i mean this f'n guy was reaching for his gun ... I pulled off fast as hell. just ranting... Shit just start sinking in.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited November 2011
    I blame #OWS

Glad ure ok
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :shock:

i've had a couple of crazy calls thru the years, but no guns....thankfully

be safe out there
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i've only had a gun pointed at me once...it was late one night and i was setting up computers for the non-profit my sister was starting and it was at an abandoned school but the district still owned it and apparently still had security patrol it...so i'm working on a computer, it's about 10:30 in this huge hanger-like building...out of the corner of my eye i see some movement and get the feeling i'm being watched...i turn and a security guard is pointing his glock at me...that is something i never want to see again
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i was drinking with my buddies behind the local stores when i was a teenager and we were being loud and rowdy and we turn around and there are two cops, one of them with his gun drawn..... :wtf: we were teenagers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    conman wrote:
    i was drinking with my buddies behind the local stores when i was a teenager and we were being loud and rowdy and we turn around and there are two cops, one of them with his gun drawn..... :wtf: we were teenagers

if there is anything that i have learned in my time in IL....cops suck

:x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I got into a bar fight around 1994. Turnd into a brawl actually. It continued outside and this one guy I was tangled up with pulled away from me and lifted his shirt and pulled a gun out of his waistband. I saw the gun and then got pepper sprayed in the eyes...in hindsight I'm glad I didn't have the upper hand on the guy with the gun. I might not be here.
  • Glad you are okay!!
    I had a gun pulled on me once...

I was 18 and running the customer service desk at a big store. After close, we had to take all the cash bags to the clear other end of the store, up a flight of stairs and into the office to go in the vault.
    There was a landing at the top of the stairs. A dude was waiting there for us, in a mask from the movie "scream" with a gun. He put us in the floor face down. I remember him yelling at us and the back of my head feeling hot and warm...i was freaking out inside so bad i thought i got shot. My entire body was all tingly...I laid there for several minutes to make sure he was gone before I could move. The police came, shit tons of them. They made me crawl out of a window because the store was so massive they didn't know if the guy was still in there.

One of the most scary things I ever went through.
    I stayed up the entire night at Denny's with my manager cuz we were both so fucked up.

I got out of retail not too long after that. I'm a pretty tough girl, but that fucked my brain for a while.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Glad you are okay!!

I was 18 and running the customer service desk at a big store. After close, we had to take all the cash bags to the clear other end of the store, up a flight of stairs and into the office to go in the vault.
    There was a landing at the top of the stairs. A dude was waiting there for us, in a mask from the movie "scream" with a gun. He put us in the floor face down. I remember him yelling at us and the back of my head feeling hot and warm...i was freaking out inside so bad i thought i got shot. My entire body was all tingly...I laid there for several minutes to make sure he was gone before I could move. The police came, shit tons of them. They made me crawl out of a window because the store was so massive they didn't know if the guy was still in there.

I stayed up the entire night at Denny's with my manager cuz we were both so fucked up.

I got out of retail not too long after that. I'm a pretty tough girl, but that fucked my brain for a while.

:o:o That's one hell of a story! :(
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I had a guy come up to me with a broken bottle saying he wanted to stab someone... That was scary....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • I have a license to carry but never really thought I'd take the next step in buying a gun. Yesterday changed my mind.
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Good idea, everyone should carry a gun. Then you can pull them on each other. :roll: Glad I live in Canada where guns are not a problem!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    Good Lord, friends!! These are frightening stories, all. My thoughts go out to you all!

When I worked as a sub for a few years I had to deal with some aggressive kids- one smashed my face with a basket ball, another threw fire crackers at me and a few others threatened me. Another time a kid in a dorm I worked at kept me backed up to a wall. He had a big nail taped to a broom handle and kept the point of the nail at my throat for several minutes while I shit bricks and sweated while talking him down. Another dorm kid that looked like a young Mohammed Ali came after me and I had to lock myself in my office. I had given him a nine instead of a ten on his room inspection. The worst thing that happened to me was an explosion of hydrogen and oxygen gasses a kid ignited that did in my hearing but that was an accident and he was a good kid. When I worked with kids I was very popular with a lot of them and was requested for work frequently them but there are some kids who seem to hate all adults. It's sad.

The only time I can remember being attacked by an adult was when I lived in a trailer court and a neighbor got mad because my dog got loose and got in his yard so he cornered me in the laundry room with a blade out, threatening to gut me. I managed to talk him out of it. I'm guessing he was abused as a kid.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    WOW, did you call the cops or anything? Glad nothing happened.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    StevieG wrote:
    Good idea, everyone should carry a gun. Then you can pull them on each other. :roll: Glad I live in Canada where guns are not a problem!!

^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^

But some damn scary stories here,glad it wasn't worse and you are all ok.

I am grateful for not living in a gun crazy country. :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Cop put a gun to my head once, ran a red light and unknown to me he was following us for a few miles after, just never looked back in the mirror. I actually pushed the gun away with my hand and said whoa buddy he didn't like that too much
  • brianlux wrote:
    Good Lord, friends!! These are frightening stories, all. My thoughts go out to you all!

When I worked as a sub for a few years I had to deal with some aggressive kids- one smashed my face with a basket ball, another threw fire crackers at me and a few others threatened me. Another time a kid in a dorm I worked at kept me backed up to a wall. He had a big nail taped to a broom handle and kept the point of the nail at my throat for several minutes while I shit bricks and sweated while talking him down. Another dorm kid that looked like a young Mohammed Ali came after me and I had to lock myself in my office. I had given him a nine instead of a ten on his room inspection. The worst thing that happened to me was an explosion of hydrogen and oxygen gasses a kid ignited that did in my hearing but that was an accident and he was a good kid. When I worked with kids I was very popular with a lot of them and was requested for work frequently them but there are some kids who seem to hate all adults. It's sad.

The only time I can remember being attacked by an adult was when I lived in a trailer court and a neighbor got mad because my dog got loose and got in his yard so he cornered me in the laundry room with a blade out, threatening to gut me. I managed to talk him out of it. I'm guessing he was abused as a kid.

Damn man, you've been through hell it sounds like ... That school sounds like a prison. Glad you made it through that. All of that other stuff about thankful to live and Canada and USA being gun crazy ... It's just the people that are crazy. Who knows though
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I might have told this story before, but it is worth telling again.

Had a room mate who was mugged while stopped at a stop sign on an empty street going down a large hill.

The guy pulled a gun on her and demanded all her cash. She of course gave it to him.

He began to run down the hill at which point she hit the gas and ran him down.

She doesn't know the outcome, but that guy didn't make out well in that deal.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Wilds wrote:

Had a room mate who was mugged while stopped at a stop sign on an empty street going down a large hill.

The guy pulled a gun on her and demanded all her cash. She of course gave it to him.

:shock:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • 2nd in 6 months? Geez.
    Glad you're okay.
  • Glad you are okay!!

I stayed up the entire night at Denny's with my manager cuz we were both so fucked

Holy crap!! That must have traumatized you for a long time.
  • Wilds wrote:

did she drive off?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 2nd death threat in 6 months... what is it about low life criminals... Why hate on the working man ? I'm simply sitting in my work van. anyone else have any close calls ? i mean this f'n guy was reaching for his gun ... I pulled off fast as hell. just ranting... Shit just start sinking in.

why did he do this?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Good grief. I'm so glad I live here.
  • VinylGirl wrote:
    Glad you are okay!!

I stayed up the entire night at Denny's with my manager cuz we were both so fucked

Nah...not too bad. I still think about it whenever I see the guy from "Scream", but it doesn't haunt me or anything. Dude wanted money, he got it and left me in one piece. That was comfort enough after a week or so of being freaked.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    VinylGirl wrote:
    Glad you are okay!!

Nah...not too bad. I still think about it whenever I see the guy from "Scream", but it doesn't haunt me or anything. Dude wanted money, he got it and left me in one piece. That was comfort enough after a week or so of being freaked.

Wow :shock: That should never happen to anyone, especially someone with as big a heart as yours! Glad your ok , KP!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.