LSU or Bama?

2»

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    good game (if you like field goals and defense ;) ).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

Yeah, it was exciting in that it was close, but a letdown. I'm all for a defensive struggle, and I can enjoy a game that's not a shootout, but I don't like field goal kicker battles. So much for all the "Game Of The Century" hype. I mean, not even a single touchdown the entire game?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040

Yeah, it was exciting in that it was close, but a letdown. I'm all for a defensive struggle, and I can enjoy a game that's not a shootout, but I don't like field goal kicker battles. So much for all the "Game Of The Century" hype. I mean, not even a single touchdown the entire game?
    Secretly, I think we all knew it would be a letdown. Freakin media always builds these things up
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    LukinFan wrote:
    Secretly, I think we all knew it would be a letdown. Freakin media always builds these things up

I didn't think it was a letdown at all. It was the gridiron equivalent of a tense 1-0 pitcher's duel in baseball. I loved it and am happy that LSU won as I was rooting for them in the game.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Yefa wrote:
    I didn't think it was a letdown at all. It was the gridiron equivalent of a tense 1-0 pitcher's duel in baseball. I loved it and am happy that LSU won as I was rooting for them in the game.

100%. i'll take that type of game over the Toledo NIU game on tuesday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm sorry, but that was a complete waste of my time last night. Those offenses were terrible. I understand its about the defenses, but any team that cant get the ball in the endzone in the biggest game of the year doesn't deserve to win the national title. Simple as that.

edit: thank goodness i get to balance that out with today's likely 60-50 Pats Giants game
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Bama fan and personally I don't think the best team won. Never a fan of those shotgun overtimes.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    81 wrote:
    Yefa wrote:

100%. i'll take that type of game over the Toledo NIU game on tuesday

yeah i thought it was a great game.
    www.myspace.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Yefa wrote:

I disagree, because in a pitchers duel you normally get to see some brilliant pitching, some real skill. That game last night was sloppy. Those missed field goals by Alabama's kicker, the interceptions, that fair catch the one dude (I know he was injured) let sail over his head, extremely stupid 12 men in the huddle penalties. This didn't look like the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the county, which is what all the hype of this game was about. Had the score JUST been the result of awesome defense it would have been a little more bearable, but that score was the result of these two teams constantly making mistakes and shooting themselves in the foot.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"