[Apple] The world is coming to an end

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.chicagonow.com/the-lowe-down ... -problems/

The LA Times reports that Apple is admitting that iOS 5 has battery problems, something users have been grumbling about. The Times reports that Apple emailed two tech sites telling them, "A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices... We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."

Reading between the lines, "a small number of customers" means a lot of people are affected by this while "a few bugs" means that there is something relatively major going on and Apple just had to find out what.

Nonetheless, this represents a remarkable change from the Steve Jobs era where Apple would have denied there ever was a problem, obstinately and in the face of all evidence to the contrary, pissed off customers, pissed off their friends in the media, and then quietly fixed the problem while introducing something else for their media buddies to fawn over.

Of course, releasing a new product and touting something like "general design enhancements" and "significant back end changes" that go unnoticed to the majority of users isn't a very good way to move merchandise, so one can't fault Apple for going big with the majority of its product put outs
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Even with battery problems, the iPhone 4S still has twice as much battery life as my old Evo phone... :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Even with battery problems, the iPhone 4S still has twice as much battery life as my old Evo phone... :lol:

i think you had a bad battery. serious.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

i think you had a bad battery. serious.

I had three total and a charger for the spares. It just sucked.
  • i got the 4s earlier this week and haven't really had any issues with it yet.

the claim is taht its a software issue and should be fixed soon, so all will be well.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Wow....technology that has issue in early stages on the market...what a shocker!!! stop the presses :roll: :roll: :roll:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Fuck the iPhone.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    Fuck the iPhone.

What, not as good as your GoPhone?
  • 81 wrote:
    http://www.chicagonow.com/the-lowe-down/2011/11/apple-admits-ios-5-battery-problems/

The LA Times reports that Apple is admitting that iOS 5 has battery problems, something users have been grumbling about. The Times reports that Apple emailed two tech sites telling them, "A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices... We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."

Reading between the lines, "a small number of customers" means a lot of people are affected by this while "a few bugs" means that there is something relatively major going on and Apple just had to find out what.

Nonetheless, this represents a remarkable change from the Steve Jobs era where Apple would have denied there ever was a problem, obstinately and in the face of all evidence to the contrary, pissed off customers, pissed off their friends in the media, and then quietly fixed the problem while introducing something else for their media buddies to fawn over.

Of course, releasing a new product and touting something like "general design enhancements" and "significant back end changes" that go unnoticed to the majority of users isn't a very good way to move merchandise, so one can't fault Apple for going big with the majority of its product put outs

Ya. Apple. What a shitty company.

Take a tent on down to Zucotti and see if you can't do somethin about this.

:crazy:
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Wow....technology that has issue in early stages on the market...what a shocker!!! stop the presses :roll: :roll: :roll:.

:lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Fuck the iPhone.

I'm still rocking the Blackberry. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Fuck the iPhone.

I'm still rocking the Blackberry. :lol:

:D

Some people take their Apple products a tad too seriously... :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    F the iphone...DROOOOOOOOOOOOID technology is where its at.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 wrote:

Newsflash: Apple had your technology in 2007.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

hmm..

android was started in 2003 ;)

i just found the 3rd paragraph funny.....that's all....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

hmm..

android was started in 2003 ;)

i just found the 3rd paragraph funny.....that's all....

Just messin with ya :D