My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    311959_294285953929068_209125412445123_1128354_762107518_n.jpg

Nice! I think I'll go out for a smoke. :lol:

Hopefully weed !

8-)

Negative. Going back to work soon. We have random drug tests... eeeek!
  • Options
    Negative. Going back to work soon. We have random drug tests... eeeek!

Ugh...that sux

They had a drug test when we got hired but thats it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    legalize it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    311959_294285953929068_209125412445123_1128354_762107518_n.jpg

Brilliant :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Except you can probably change #1 to Tobacco/Marijuana. Smoke in the lungs, is smoke in the lungs
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    I was having a surreal conversation with my dad a few months ago, which somehow turned to the topic of marijuana.

I was stunned when he said something about the number of deaths attributed every year to marijuana use. As far as I know, there is no record of a single death that is directly attributable to the use of marijuana (driving while stoned and hitting a tree does not count).

I realize people like him ("The Uninformed," on whom propaganda such as "Reefer Madness" is effective) are a substantial hurdle in the efforts to legalize it.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Except you can probably change #1 to Tobacco/Marijuana. Smoke in the lungs, is smoke in the lungs

True. Also, I have 2 friends who died in car accidents while under the influence of marijuana. In one of them the guy just didn't make the curve and drove straight off the road and into a telephone pole, killing the driver but the passenger survived. The other one the driver fell asleep at the wheel, and once again the driver died and passenger survived, though he is paralyzed.

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana though, but just like alcohol, they need to make sure people aren't driving around smoking it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana though, but just like alcohol, they need to make sure people aren't driving around smoking it.

Agreed. Driving while intoxicated, whatever the substance, is not cool.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    legalize it.
    what he said
  • Options

I disagree. There is smoke in the lungs and there is chemically enhanced smoke in the lungs.
  • Options

I disagree. There is smoke in the lungs and there is chemically enhanced smoke in the lungs.

I keep forgetting that drug dealers take special care to make sure their products are certified organic.

But chemicals aside; marijuana smoke is much more damaging to cells compared to tobacco smoke. Hence, all that coughing.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I keep forgetting that drug dealers take special care to make sure their products are certified organic.

But chemicals aside; marijuana smoke is much more damaging to cells compared to tobacco smoke. Hence, all that coughing.

true: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 110741.htm
    Marijuana smoke caused significantly more damage to cells and DNA than tobacco smoke, the researchers note. However, tobacco smoke caused chromosome damage while marijuana did not.

but also remember: http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/2 ... ung-cancer
    “We know that there are as many or more carcinogens and co-carcinogens in marijuana smoke as in cigarettes,” researcher Donald Tashkin, MD, of UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine tells WebMD. “But we did not find any evidence for an increase in cancer risk for even heavy marijuana smoking.” Carcinogens are substances that cause cancer.

and

Cellular studies and even some studies in animal models suggest that THC has antitumor properties, either by encouraging the death of genetically damaged cells that can become cancerous or by restricting the development of the blood supply that feeds tumors, Tashkin tells WebMD.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

true: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 110741.htm
    Marijuana smoke caused significantly more damage to cells and DNA than tobacco smoke, the researchers note. However, tobacco smoke caused chromosome damage while marijuana did not.

but also remember: http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/2 ... ung-cancer
    “We know that there are as many or more carcinogens and co-carcinogens in marijuana smoke as in cigarettes,” researcher Donald Tashkin, MD, of UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine tells WebMD. “But we did not find any evidence for an increase in cancer risk for even heavy marijuana smoking.” Carcinogens are substances that cause cancer.

and

Cellular studies and even some studies in animal models suggest that THC has antitumor properties, either by encouraging the death of genetically damaged cells that can become cancerous or by restricting the development of the blood supply that feeds tumors, Tashkin tells WebMD.

exactly....it's the same but different.