Options

Beer for Vinyl?

SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
edited November 2011 in Lost Dogs
I was able to pick up a couple extra Faithfull Ales and am always looking for vinyl I don't have.

My local store was selling them for $20 a bottle, not the $12.99 MSRP, but not the $30 another store wanted.

So does anyone want to swap a couple bottles of Faithfull Ale for a PJ record? I'd consider anything I don't have, which includes:

Yield
Riot Act
Live on 2 Legs
Lost Dogs
Rearview Mirror

Wishful thinking on those last two I know, but hey, some people are as crazy about beer as others are about vinyl. I'd imagine shipping on the beer is going to be a bit more than shipping the vinyl, but I'd call it even.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I'd say wishful thinking on the whole list...but you never know.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    jshin wrote:
    I'd say wishful thinking on the whole list...but you never know.

:lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Beer for those vinyl... "Cmon Man"

must of had some samples. :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    You laughing at him or at me? If there's no takers I'd consider adding cash to make up the difference.

But I spent $40 on the beer and new vinyl is $25-35, and shipping beer is going to cost me a lot more than shipping a record. A Yield just sold on eBay for $65 and beers seem to be going for more than that. I don't want to make a profit, I've got some extra beer and thought someone with some extra vinyl might want to trade.

We'll see, I know lots of people have multiple copies of some vinyl, so may want to trade one for some beer they can't get.
  • Options
    Nami wrote:

I know 2 of the rarer 5 on that last (Riot Act and Lost Dogs) got traded for vinyl, so crazier things have happened.
  • Options
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    Nami wrote:

I know 2 of the rarer 5 on that last (Riot Act and Lost Dogs) got traded for vinyl, so crazier things have happened.

i havent seen anything go under $100 for the rare vinyl... on here unsure.

Demitrios was looking for some. I will email him this thread link.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    Nami wrote:

i havent seen anything go under $100 for the rare vinyl... on here unsure.

Demitrios was looking for some. I will email him this thread link.

Yield sold yesterday or the day before for $65, the guy actually listed it here first for $80 and then put it on eBay. I was watching the auction but then totally forgot about, would have certainly been willing to bid $66!

Hey, if no one's interested, no worries. Just thought I'd drop a line in the water. As I said, I'd cover the difference on some of the more valuable vinyls with cash.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    i don't think this is unreasonable

the vinyl was available the world over

the beer in less than 27 states

good luck OP

I'll trade my beer for bags of cash :)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    you people do realize, faithful ale is going for 40-50 a bottle on the bay...right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    you people do realize, faithful ale is going for 40-50 a bottle on the bay...right?

just when i thought I seen everything. I dont understand the madness
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    81 wrote:

First ones I saw were $60... haven't looked in a while.

The OP is not being unreasonable. It sounds like a crazy offer because beer is ingested and vinyl is forever... but dollar-wise/comparably speaking, it's not crazy, comparing both for either the original cost OR comparing it to current day values/ebay prices. Someone might really want that beer or the collector's bottle, and might have two copies of an album or no turntable or whatever.... good luck, I hope you find your record. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    81 wrote:

First ones I saw were $60... haven't looked in a while.

The OP is not being unreasonable. It sounds like a crazy offer because beer is ingested and vinyl is forever... but dollar-wise/comparably speaking, it's not crazy, comparing both for either the original cost OR comparing it to current day values/ebay prices. Someone might really want that beer or the collector's bottle, and might have two copies of an album or no turntable or whatever.... good luck, I hope you find your record. :)

Thanks for the good luck wishes and the support buddy! I was a little surprised at the first few replies because I didn't think my offer was that crazy.

I have no desire to make money on PJ stuff, as you said, based both on the original prices and the current prices on eBay, 2 bottles of Faithfull Ale for a vinyl seemed fair to me. We'll see if anyone is interested.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Somebody hook the man up, no love on a backpack for his dad. Somebody's gotta have an extra vinyl laying around to flip for a real life Pearl Jam BUZZ:-).
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    I have the first Nickleback album on vinyl....anyone want to trade me a Coors tall boy?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have the first Nickleback album on vinyl....anyone want to trade me a Coors tall boy?
    e

LOL, I'll give you a Faithfull Ale to use that thing as a frisbe with your dog.