Options

ALPINE - DVD coming??? (link to new weekend recap video)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 339
    edited September 2012
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    8bitj8bitj Posts: 98
    I will gladly shell out $$$ for a big CD/vinyl/blu box set. Such an amazing weekend...
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I really hope that weekend come out on DVD/Blu. Watching that video brought back the memories of mud in my shoes and the crappy tickets that first night...but the awesomeness and hanging out with good people the second night!

Shit, I'm drunk! HA! :D
  • Options

One last thing however, there are a TON of different fans interviewed on this thing, how come none of these have stepped forward telling us about being interviewed at PJ 20. I mean there are so many different interviews!

Again, I hope that I am just trying to keep myself from getting to excited about the possibility of a release of the entire weekend, but I just don’t want to get my hopes up and be let down!

I'm the guy at 1:45 who says "One of the best, most fantastic live bands EVER". I was just walking up the hill with a couple buddies when the two-man camera crew stopped me for a little interview. At their prompting I babbled for a couple minutes -- mainly about how I'd love to hear some Who songs and how awesome 10 Club is -- and I could tell they were thinking "let's move on, this guy's giving us diddly". I'm happy to see they found a little snippet to use! :)

For those thinking they might release an Alpine PJ20 film, do you really think so? I mean, there were some cameras there but it seemed to be far from a professional, multi-camera shoot.
    * Oscar Mayer Theater - 1991 * Eagle's Ballroom 1991 * R and R Station - 1992 * Marquette University 1992 * World Music Amphitheater - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 2000 * Aladdin Theater x2 - 1993 * Chicago Stadium - 1994 * New Regal Theater - 1994 * St. Louis x2 - 1994 * Ann Arbor - 1994 * Bridge School - 1994 * Summerfest x2 - 1995 * Summerfest x2 - 2006 * Soldier Field - 1995 * Molson Park - 1998 * United Center - 2006 * United Center - 2009 * Cleveland - 2010 * Alpine Valley x2 - 2011 * Winnipeg 2011 * Saskatoon 2011 * Wrigley 2013 * Phoenix 2013 * Wrigley 2016 x2 *
  • Options
    RichAtomic wrote:
    For those thinking they might release an Alpine PJ20 film, do you really think so? I mean, there were some cameras there but it seemed to be far from a professional, multi-camera shoot.

That recap on Vevo looked pretty professional to me...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    RichAtomic wrote:

:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RichAtomic wrote:

That was professional editing. (And the audio isn't even from Alpine?) I just don't recall there being many pro cameras recording the actual shows beyond the ones for the video screens. Not that we wouldn't be happy to purchase a DVD of that footage... :)
    * Oscar Mayer Theater - 1991 * Eagle's Ballroom 1991 * R and R Station - 1992 * Marquette University 1992 * World Music Amphitheater - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 1992 * Alpine Valley - 2000 * Aladdin Theater x2 - 1993 * Chicago Stadium - 1994 * New Regal Theater - 1994 * St. Louis x2 - 1994 * Ann Arbor - 1994 * Bridge School - 1994 * Summerfest x2 - 1995 * Summerfest x2 - 2006 * Soldier Field - 1995 * Molson Park - 1998 * United Center - 2006 * United Center - 2009 * Cleveland - 2010 * Alpine Valley x2 - 2011 * Winnipeg 2011 * Saskatoon 2011 * Wrigley 2013 * Phoenix 2013 * Wrigley 2016 x2 *
  • Options
    Jen07Jen07 Posts: 116
    Soooo wish I was there...oh well can't wait for the DVD.
    Perth Nov 14, 2009
    Perth April 1, 2011 (EV solo)
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    RichAtomic wrote:

One last thing however, there are a TON of different fans interviewed on this thing, how come none of these have stepped forward telling us about being interviewed at PJ 20. I mean there are so many different interviews!

Again, I hope that I am just trying to keep myself from getting to excited about the possibility of a release of the entire weekend, but I just don’t want to get my hopes up and be let down!

I'm the guy at 1:45 who says "One of the best, most fantastic live bands EVER". I was just walking up the hill with a couple buddies when the two-man camera crew stopped me for a little interview. At their prompting I babbled for a couple minutes -- mainly about how I'd love to hear some Who songs and how awesome 10 Club is -- and I could tell they were thinking "let's move on, this guy's giving us diddly". I'm happy to see they found a little snippet to use! :)

I'm in the crew of 5 re-creating the Ten cover in the PJ20 Museum, wearing the red t-shirt.

They used our images in the PJ20 countdown Day 5 video, too.

As we were stepping away from the cut-out letters, one of the video crew asked our pal for his permission to use that shot. I don't think there was any interviewing other than to get approval for the images.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    RichAtomic wrote:

That was professional editing. (And the audio isn't even from Alpine?) I just don't recall there being many pro cameras recording the actual shows beyond the ones for the video screens. Not that we wouldn't be happy to purchase a DVD of that footage... :)

*nods* I understand. I don't know much about film making but I do know that the PJ crew can work miracles with next to nothing. Take Touring Band 2000. That's defo not pro-shot but what a magnificent work of art that turned out to be... The day PJ delivers Hollywood-polished imagery, I'll shoot myself. Um... :oops: ... Rhetorically, of course... ;)
  • Options
    ill trade not this dvd happening for get back time and relive the whole weekend once again....

the WHOLE this time....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    ill trade not this dvd happening for get back time and relive the whole weekend once again....

the WHOLE this time....

I'll second that
  • Options
    I was there as well and did not see a camera crew during the show as you would if you are pro shooting something. Alot of the concert footage used in the video is not even from Alpine.
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I was there as well and did not see a camera crew during the show as you would if you are pro shooting something. Alot of the concert footage used in the video is not even from Alpine.

Sure looks like Alpine Valley to me... What footage isn't from Alpine?
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    jshin wrote:

Sure looks like Alpine Valley to me... What footage isn't from Alpine?
    yep..how was possible thousand people at the lawn to see form the screens?
    ther ewas aprofessional sooting there for sure..
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Something big is gonna be released, given it's been 9+ weeks since the shows happened and we don't have boots yet. Like every other sweet piece of merch they put out, it's gonna be worth the wait!
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    Something big is gonna be released, given it's been 9+ weeks since the shows happened and we don't have boots yet. Like every other sweet piece of merch they put out, it's gonna be worth the wait!
    cheers to WI .. :D
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I am going to have my credit card ready on Black Friday, that's all I have to say...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    That was so awesome. Man, the time you sang Evolution, man.

But honestly, I saw plenty of cameras in various places on stage and in front of the stage. Pro type cameras that were feeding the video monitors, plus some that the shots never did make it to the overheads. I think they came well prepared to unleash a beast of a concert DVD.

Yeah, goosebumps all over again!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    I believe do the evolution audio is off of the PJ20 album, not the actual recording from the PJ20 concert. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    wow that looks amazing...

like a lot of you that gave me chills. what a great reminder of such a great experience. i am so glad that i was there....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    We miss you already!!!
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    Black73 wrote:
    We miss you already!!!
    ill come back..soon.. :D
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    We miss you already!!!
    Be sure to bring Pearl Jam with you!
  • Options
    I usually don't buy things like this but that weekend was so good that I think I need a memento to savor ever moment with again and again. I so hope there is a dvd!!!
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    Be sure to bring Pearl Jam with you!
    ill try.. 8-)
  • Options
    Johnny WongJohnny Wong Wauwatosa, WI Posts: 193
    Hey Rich.... I recognized you from the snippet! I told my wife..."thats the guy who ran Atomic Records!"

Good to see you over here. I said hello to you at the show. We also sat in front of you in Chicago 09. I was wearing my Atomic Records T that night. I'm Brett, the tall dude with the Brewers hat at PJ20...

Take care.
    RichAtomic wrote:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I hope they release dvd's, but wouldn't a pro shot show have alot more cameras? Especially with no repeat tunes.

What you see on the lawn screens isn't up to the quality of a pro shot mass released concert vid.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    DewieCox wrote:
    I hope they release dvd's, but wouldn't a pro shot show have alot more cameras? Especially with no repeat tunes.

What you see on the lawn screens isn't up to the quality of a pro shot mass released concert vid.

for complete shows, probably yes. but if they want to release a documentary-type compilation of the weekend, a few cameras on the main stage and one or two cameras on the side stages would do the job.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Hi,

I hope it is more of a documentary of the weekend...IMO...The band wasn't on top of their game...Specially for the first night...But, overall it was great weekend..I was able to meet some old friends and make some new friends..

Jeremy