Options

**FUNDRAISER FOR JMO's MOM: PJ Posters, EV 2011 Sniper+MORE!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    This should always be on the 1st page :)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Some SWEET posters still available (sorry for the side track with the Vans with heels :lol::lol: )

Ames Pele! Klausen Buenos Aires! Ames Peru variant!

Check first post.
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Suziemay wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    See, Sheila gets it.

PJ slip on vans for you, Sheila? :mrgreen:

I wish... :lol: Can you put heels on them and make them cute?
    I googled "vans with heels" and this was the closest thing I found :lol::lol::lol:

10caf260dc06337a_ay3collage.preview.jpg

The black ones aren't actually half bad. :lol:
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
  • Options
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    emoticon-south-park-006.gif
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    smiley-chores017.gif
  • Options
    smiley-chores017.gif
    Oh man, his little arms are gonna get reeeal tired.
  • Options
    Bump

smiley-love026.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Bump
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Nice bump Paul! ;)
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Been a while
  • Options
    ;)
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    First of all, I would like to thank Suziemay. She has been amazing! I can’t thank her enough. If you have 2 seconds to spare, send her a PM and let her know how special she is. Thank you, Su May!

So…because of generous people like Suziemay and this community, my mother’s quality of life has improved over the last couple months. The Mystery Tube sale and the donations have allowed me to make payments towards my Mom’s mounting medical bills, purchase her a new 32 inch TV, and gift a very special Pearl Jam poster!

To say, she’s on a fixed income is really an understatement. So, to help in these ways is pretty awesome. At first, the TV sounds material, but being that she is completely blind in one eye and bound to her apartment, watching television is one of the few joys she has left, when by herself. The old tube set had a rolling picture, complete with green and purple corners. She was due.

She had no idea this was going on, and was in complete tears of joy at Christmas when it was presented. Pearl Jam fans? Yeah, Pearl Jam fans!

As far as my Mom’s health, she is stable. She is still on the kidney and pancreas transplant list. Until then, she will continue dialysis three times a week. However, I did read an article in the Oregonian today talking about getting people transplants sooner so they are not a slave to the dialysis chair, 4-5 hours a day, 3 times a week. Maybe new attention to this crisis will light a fire under the providers! Let’s hope.

Anyway, thank you all! It can’t be said enough. Love you guys!
  • Options
    Suziemay knows she's special? Right? ;)
    We all appreciate her, and the generosity of this community.
    Glad to hear things are going ok, and that you were able to make your Mom's Christmas
    special. Make sure you keep us posted and let us know if anything comes up that you need help with.

And tell your mom we all said "Hello, and Happy New Year!" :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Jason, I feel very fortunate to have been part of closing out your Mom's year on a happy note (and spreading the Pearl Jam love!). I was very inspired by your selflessness in giving up your poster collection, AND your white Backspacer, AND your backpack in order to raise funds for your Mom. And not only that, you didn't even tell us about your Mom at that point and allowed us to focus on the excitement of the sale, another selfless act.

I got so much more out of this than I expected. This community is amazing. Sometimes it's easy to get lost in the negativity that pops up from time to time, more often than not of late, but having experienced first hand how kind and generous people can be has given me a newfound appreciation for everyone here. I also made some friends along the way which was an added bonus!

My only disappointment is that your Mom only got a 32" :mrgreen: Just kidding. I LOVE my TV, and I'm very happy that that was one of the things this fundraiser allowed you to do for your Mom.

Fingers crossed for those transplants but in the meantime, I hear this season's "The Bachelor" is pretty amusing :mrgreen:

xo

PS Thanks Chief! I already know I'm pretty darn special, but I never get sick of hearing it :lol::lol:
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Great to see where this has taken sofar... :D

Hail Hail Hail to Su and Jmo for starting this and i am glad that just in the last few hours all my items were sold to support this goal...

I am now so happy to read all that has done and that gift of an Tv was an awesome one... :thumbup: :clap:

Yeah this community and his members have and will be special in my heart forever... :D

Thanx for all that involved in this...You all Rock the roof of my house... 8-)

Cheerzz to ya all Brothers and Sisters of the Jamily... :clap: :thumbup:

:wave: :wave:
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    Bump