A brief note from a sentimental fool.

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Call me a sentimental fool, I don't care. I'll say it anyway: I love visiting and sharing thoughts with all of you here on the PJ forum. This place is full of goodness amongst the confusion of the world, sparks of life in spite of life's chaos, an antidote to despair. I'm glad I stumbled in through the door. :)
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Word. This is a great place. I've met amazing people and had countless hours of fun. And yeah you're a sentimental fool, but I give you props for embracing it.

PS- What are you on? I want some of it... ;)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    brianlux wrote:
    Call me a sentimental fool, I don't care. I'll say it anyway: I love visiting and sharing thoughts with all of you here on the PJ forum. This place is full of goodness amongst the confusion of the world, sparks of life in spite of life's chaos, an antidote to despair. I'm glad I stumbled in through the door. :)

:thumbup: :clap: :wave:
  • That is sweet :)

I've made some wonderful friends thanks to this board. I'm all for sentimental :D
  • if you're in the cool club it's awesome
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Sentimentality is a good feeling when it comes to the love thats shared here amongs us... 8-)
    Its cool to be sentimental here,and lots of love is yours..If only the world would look like this place here..

and its just coffee i am on.. :D
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I'm just on air and light. But last night, well... me and a couple margaritas. Ole! :lol:

No, really just feeling a little happily melancholy (an oxymoron?) and sentimental and happy to be here and glad to be alive. :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    brianlux wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

I'm just on air and light. But last night, well... me and a couple margaritas. Ole! :lol:

No, really just feeling a little happily melancholy (an oxymoron?) and sentimental and happy to be here and glad to be alive. :D

I feel ya. I love having those moments of pure appreciation and recognition of the good things. :D
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • brianlux wrote:

I've felt this way more than a few times about this place, but never had the cajones to articulate, so thanks for saying it for me! :)

btw, what part of Norcal are you from?
    jammergirl wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

I've felt this way more than a few times about this place, but never had the cajones to articulate, so thanks for saying it for me! :)

I'm a Bay Area boy- born in Berkeley, lived in Albany until 11 months old, grew up on the Pennisnsula, lived in S.F. for a three years, Sonoma County for a few years and now in the Sierra Foothills near Placerville. Oh, and have some family history in Oakland. The really cool thing is, some of my previous Bay Area friends have moved back to the Bay Area so I'm feeling re-connected to that (mostly) wonderful place!

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    brianlux wrote:

I am with you there. This place is very good for the soul. :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • brianlux wrote:
    jammergirl wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

I'm a Bay Area boy- born in Berkeley, lived in Albany until 11 months old, grew up on the Pennisnsula, lived in S.F. for a three years, Sonoma County for a few years and now in the Sierra Foothills near Placerville. Oh, and have some family history in Oakland. The really cool thing is, some of my previous Bay Area friends have moved back to the Bay Area so I'm feeling re-connected to that (mostly) wonderful place!
    Whoa funny to see anybody mention Albany! That's where I be 8-)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    ok....group hug....
  • From across the country.. I share some same thoughts. :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Your All Welcome
    Your All Welcome

Well, thank you very much!

HUGS FROM CANADA!!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Your All Welcome

Well, thank you very much!

HUGS FROM CANADA!!

My Pleasure :D
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    I'm glad you are sentimental and shared that with us, thank you. Many wonderfully great people here!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • brianlux wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Your avatar always makes me feel happy melancholy. Is that you playing a guitar in the middle of nowhere? ala, breaking bad style?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    brianlux wrote:

This is a nice thought!
    Some hugs for you--> {{{brianlux}}} :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    378103_230500717013669_132957943434614_658261_87238130_n.jpg
    brianlux wrote:
    RYEzupSF wrote:

Your avatar always makes me feel happy melancholy. Is that you playing a guitar in the middle of nowhere? ala, breaking bad style?
    Yes, that's me out in the desert not far from the Colorado River behind Arches National Monument, taken about 15 months ago. And yes, it was a happy/melancholy moment- we were on our way to my Goddaughter's wedding. I was happy she was getting married, a little sad that she was all grown up already and rather tired from countless hours of driving. Also, the last time we had been to this spot- about three years previously- our sweet old yellow lab Ariana was still with us and I was missing her. :(

Whoa funny to see anybody mention Albany! That's where I be 8-)

How cool! Yeah, I spent my first 11 months on Gilman Street. No wonder I'm such a punk, eh?! :D

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    brianlux wrote:

nice thoughts brian. i have met some wonderful peeps here and i have met some less wonderful people.. actually way more less wonderfuls than i feel i deserve.. but thats not my call. however.. i have learnt from every contact i have made here and i am a stronger person for it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say