Options

Surf in the UK :)

dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Do you think this would convince Eddie to come to Cornwall for a gig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbrcRk6BtXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIeQ9mS4GPs

This is at a place called Cribbar near me (but on the North Coast of Cornwall) this break only works periodically, but when it does it's pretty special :D
2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Looks beautiful Leanne!

Wish I could surf...I have terrible coordination. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Looks beautiful Leanne!

Wish I could surf...I have terrible coordination. :lol:

Me too!
    Loads of my mates surf, and I have gone out with two pro surfers... none of whom have managed to teach me. To be honest I like to sit and watch so much, as I lovebeing by the sea that I didn't mind being a surf widow
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    This kinda links in with the thread but just thought I'd share this...
    My mum and dad wanted to go to Croyde, Devon one year to try out a surfing holiday, I was excited but not as excited as them so they told me that Eddie frequently went surfing in Croyde to make me really excited, I believed them (they made it so believable!) obviously I didn't see Eddie but we had a really good time and we go to croyde quite often now, I still look out for Eddie every time I go, just incase 8-):lol:
    Harriet. :)
  • Options
    Thats it, I'm bringing my surfboard too.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Hatriet wrote:
    My mum and dad wanted to go to Croyde, Devon one year to try out a surfing holiday, I was excited but not as excited as them so they told me that Eddie frequently went surfing in Croyde to make me really excited, I believed them (they made it so believable!) obviously I didn't see Eddie but we had a really good time and we go to croyde quite often now, I still look out for Eddie every time I go, just incase 8-):lol:

Well his friends do... Jack Johnson and Laird Hamilton have both been surfing down here and frequented local pubs. Jack Johnson turned up at a local radio station and did a session one night when the surf wasn't good :lol:
  • Options
    Thats it, I'm bringing my surfboard too.
    That'll cost some excess baggage...and will mean you coming to me rather than the other way round :lol::D
  • Options
    I would looooove to try surfing but I can't swim! I am seeing about lessons though...so one day maybe I'll get the opportunity to try surfing!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    I would looooove to try surfing but I can't swim! I am seeing about lessons though...so one day maybe I'll get the opportunity to try surfing!

Yay do it! :D
    I don't swim anywhere near as much as I should :lol: down here you're sort if expected to know how to swim, it comes from spending your summer holidays on the beach...mind you I think all the schools have swimming pools or at least provide lessons from the age of 5 or 6.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Hatriet wrote:

Well his friends do... Jack Johnson and Laird Hamilton have both been surfing down here and frequented local pubs. Jack Johnson turned up at a local radio station and did a session one night when the surf wasn't good :lol:

Were you there?! That's amazing, I always listen to a bit of Jack Johnson on the way down ;)
    Harriet. :)