Options

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
thumbnail.aspx?q=1343991914963&id=fbb4b947d34cba71e6bdf4cf32464b6d&url=http%3a%2f%2f4.bp.blogspot.com%2f_978xsKsqW9U%2fTCMUznaQhZI%2fAAAAAAAABP4%2fLUBP3NXVfAM%2fs1600%2ffunny_boo_halloween.gif

For those who are celebrating have a safe and happy night!! :mrgreen:
Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    30489.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    edited October 2011
    I'm not big on halloween, but the local radio station is about to "flashback" to 2009 when PJ closed the Spectrum 3 years ago tonight and I was in the 2nd row.

AWESOME MEMORIES. :D

oops two years ago, at my age, I shouldn't be skipping an entire year :lol:
    Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • Options
    8.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Lizard wrote:
    8.jpg

i need to figure out what time this ends, so i know what time to go home.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    boo.
    :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    8.jpg

7:00 in Schaumburg...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    have fun
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Lizard wrote:
    8.jpg

"I got a rock"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    8.jpg

7:00 in Schaumburg...

:x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    my husband can't stop laughing when he hears "i got a rock". have some fun 81!!!!
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Taking the unlost dogs out for the evening, as they typically are somewhat unsettled by packs of people showing up at the door dressed in various costumes, and us giving away food _ but not to them.

So, off we go to our agility lesson. Hopefully by the time we get home, it will all be over.

We'll leave Mr. Unlost home with a bucket of sugar to hand out.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Happy Halloween!

0fa36f02.gif
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    81 wrote:
    I hope the kids in your neighborhood have their arms good and warmed up for some serious toilet paper roll and egg throwing.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Taking the unlost dogs out for the evening, as they typically are somewhat unsettled by packs of people showing up at the door dressed in various costumes, and us giving away food _ but not to them.

So, off we go to our agility lesson. Hopefully by the time we get home, it will all be over.

Around every halloween, 4th of July and new year's eve, I plan to get my dog some sedatives because she always goes nuts with all the noise and commotion.

And every halloween, 4th of July and new year's eve, I end up kicking myself for forgetting to do this.
  • Options
    so they are doing these carmel apple sundays with whip cream..no jokes....but they don't have any ice cream...wtf...it's a sliced apple, with whip cream on top and some carmal on top of that ..
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

You know, a bucket of sugar is a great idea. Forget the mini Three Musketeers bars and Twizzlers, just give sugar. Maybe those little restaurant packets? Or stand with a big bag at the door and pour it directly in their mouths...

(I have eaten way too much candy corn the past week and I hate candy corn. Why?)
  • Options
    stopped at the mall for lunch...bad idea....shit ton of kids walking around collecting candy from stores....was not a good day for soccer eye candy moms
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Enkidu wrote:

You know, a bucket of sugar is a great idea. Forget the mini Three Musketeers bars and Twizzlers, just give sugar. Maybe those little restaurant packets? Or stand with a big bag at the door and pour it directly in their mouths...

(I have eaten way too much candy corn the past week and I hate candy corn. Why?)

I instantly got this picture in my head...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm54T59uQ244mskQjRuAtTLQ3H86D7KoOMocIjNYW3_MyKpQ0ORQ

just dumping a spoonful of sugar in each kids bag/bucket....or sugar cubes. Here kid, have a sugar cube.

Darn kids start ringing the bell at 4:30...I need to turn off the porch lights and hide in the house...anybody know how to disconnect the doorbell?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    this scene used to scare the pants off me!

GarfieldHalloween.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Darn kids start ringing the bell at 4:30...I need to turn off the porch lights and hide in the house...anybody know how to disconnect the doorbell?

as a matter of fact i do....

just take the cover off the bell part...and disconnect a wire....it should be low volatage...so no biggie.

and it doesn't matter if the house is dark, lights off inside and outside..them fuckers still ring the bell....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    RKCNDY wrote:

I instantly got this picture in my head...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm54T59uQ244mskQjRuAtTLQ3H86D7KoOMocIjNYW3_MyKpQ0ORQ

just dumping a spoonful of sugar in each kids bag/bucket....or sugar cubes. Here kid, have a sugar cube.

:lol: I usually just leave one of those buckets of candy outside with a 'take some' sign on it. Of course the first ones there will take all of it, but the early bird gets the worm! So hopefully no egging of my house since at least I tried!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

as a matter of fact i do....

just take the cover off the bell part...and disconnect a wire....it should be low volatage...so no biggie.

and it doesn't matter if the house is dark, lights off inside and outside..them fuckers still ring the bell....

my issue is when it's still light out. brats still ring the bell and will actually try to open the door. :twisted:
    when it gets dark, the other 2 houses on either side of us have their lights out, so when our lights are out, they usually don't bother. We're at the end of a cul-de-sac so it's pretty dark. I just really hate all the cars that clog up the neighborhood (parents drive their kids house to house around here).

***off to disconnect wires***
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    open the door...i'd have to kick em in the box....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    h3preview.gif

It's almost time, kids. The clock is ticking. Be in front of your TV sets for the Horrorthon, followed by the Big Giveaway. Don't miss it. And don't forget to wear your masks. The clock is ticking. It's almost time.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    Lizard wrote:
    my husband can't stop laughing when he hears "i got a rock". have some fun 81!!!!

Oooh I love the Charlie Brown Halloween special...anyone know if it is on tonight?

Happy Halloween y'all! :wave:

I am not giving out candy tonight as I don't want Bailey, my dog who is ill, to be upset by noise and commotion. I'm going to have to shut off my lights.

I hear ya on the comment someone made about some dogs needing sedatives.

Been there, done that! :lol:

Atleast there are no fireworks on Halloween. Yay for the doggies on this one!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i am so not a fan of halloween, we usually go out for dinner to avoid the hoopla and keep our dogs calm at home. however, i woke up with a cold today :(, blerg.....so, staying in. hubby is picking up some candy on his way home and we'll just put out a big bowl on the front porch. it's just too stressful for our 2 dogs opening the door for trick o' treaters. in the past, we've tried...just not worth it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    JTH wrote:

Around every halloween, 4th of July and new year's eve, I plan to get my dog some sedatives because she always goes nuts with all the noise and commotion.

And every halloween, 4th of July and new year's eve, I end up kicking myself for forgetting to do this.

and with my luck, over the years, my Siberian Husky, ridden with anxieties (separation, storms, dishwashers, vacuums,fireworks) never responded well to sedatives. They, in fact, did the opposite and made her more anxious.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,089
    In the times when I've had off or work from home and when the weather behaves, I usually sit outside and hand out the candy. I like interacting with the people in the neighborhood and it saves me the trouble of getting up every few minutes.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I love seeing all the costumes the children wear. It's fun. Especially the very young children, they seem so proud of whatever they're wearing! :D

I usually have to buy a lot of candy because there are lots of kids in the neighborhood. And anyway, the chocolate doesn't go to waste around here if it's left over. :oops:

I love seeing tiny girls as princesses and witches and ballerinas since I always made costumes for boys when the kids were younger. This is the first year my youngest (he's fourteen this year) doesn't want a costume. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Porch is ready ...with JB's help this year

extra scary!

say hello to my alien ... kids think it is a person under there but that's the trick

the person is hiding elsewhere to scare the bah...gebers out of them!

one of the fog machines is retired now but still got two ready to go .... ooooooo

Halloween01.jpg

I love Halloween! :twisted:

PARTY!

happy-halloween-cats.gifEnjoy!